GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

Truthsleuth,
Thanks so much for making the maps. You did a great job.

Somehow, I must have gotten hold of an older version of the map. I do know that there has been a lot of construction amid the building of the new Costco which is now showing up on your maps, but were not on mine.

Looking at your Gateway Mall picture, the field I was talking about looks like the one where the white sand road is crossed by the left side of your circle. If you follow that road around the edge of the trees to the right side of the field, there looked to be a huge mound of dirt which could have been the incline. It shows the big pile (hill) of dirt is now being moved by a hi-hoe. Also, the fields had not been plowed in the picture I saw.

I hunted and hunted in my history to try to find the map I saw but could not find the actual link. It did show all the searches I did though.

I just want to find her and it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. I agree with you also about what a loser Littleton is.

Does anyone know if Texas EquuSearch and Tim Miller would get involved in a case such as this? Who has to notify them--family, LE? Or I wonder if Ohio's S&R could use dogs to search for Gladis. They were mentioned several times in Tiffany Brown's search; I don't know if they were ever used but they could prove useful. I realize the search would take place in TN but Gladis was from OH.

Can anyone think of anything or any other organization that might be willing to help? Please let us know. I still think Tim Miller's EquuSearch might be the best solution.

Gladis needs to be found.

Truthsleuth,
Thanks so much for making the maps. You did a great job.

Somehow, I must have gotten hold of an older version of the map. I do know that there has been a lot of construction amid the building of the new Costco which is now showing up on your maps, but were not on mine.

Looking at your Gateway Mall picture, the field I was talking about looks like the one where the white sand road is crossed by the left side of your circle. If you follow that road around the edge of the trees to the right side of the field, there looked to be a huge mound of dirt which could have been the incline. It shows the big pile (hill) of dirt is now being moved by a hi-hoe. Also, the fields had not been plowed in the picture I saw.

I hunted and hunted in my history to try to find the map I saw but could not find the actual link. It did show all the searches I did though.

I just want to find her and it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. I agree with you also about what a loser Littleton is.

I was glad to do that for you, wish it had helped more.

He's sort of a loose cannon, JMHO.

Thanks for the info. And welcome to WS!
So we may have another media hog on the case? We have too many of those already. But the good news is that a media hog attorney doesn't do their clients any favors.

Does anyone know if Texas EquuSearch and Tim Miller would get involved in a case such as this? Who has to notify them--family, LE? Or I wonder if Ohio's S&R could use dogs to search for Gladis. They were mentioned several times in Tiffany Brown's search; I don't know if they were ever used but they could prove useful. I realize the search would take place in TN but Gladis was from OH.

Can anyone think of anything or any other organization that might be willing to help? Please let us know. I still think Tim Miller's EquuSearch might be the best solution.

Gladis needs to be found.

Tim and Equusearch might be a possibility. But I think that they need a request from family or LE. Any locals reading here might let the family know. Here is the link for them.
http://texasequusearch.org/

Ohio S and R dogs, it would be a great expense to transport them to Tenn. feed and house them there. Esp. since Tenn. most likely has them and would be just as effective. Might look for a link to Tenn Search and Rescue. Here is a link
http://www.tnsrta.org/

The thought occurred to me last night that we have been thinking of the term "glowing cotton field". Which didn't make sense due to the time of year. Later articles have mentioned "blowing". So what if that was a media misunderstanding? What if 'glowing' was really 'blowing'? So it would be someplace where fibers/debris were prevalent?

The thought occurred to me last night that we have been thinking of the term "glowing cotton field". Which didn't make sense due to the time of year. Later articles have mentioned "blowing". So what if that was a media misunderstanding? What if 'glowing' was really 'blowing'? So it would be someplace where fibers/debris were prevalent?

I don't know why he'd even use either word. Why wax poetic at a time like this? Didn't know this killer had it in him. :waitasec: For heavens' sake he can't even remember where he left dead bodies. Ugh.

I am in no way knowledgeable about blowing fibers/debris. Would that happen if the fields had been harvested and remained unseeded, as they are at this time of year (they are, aren't they?). Hey I'm from a big city area with huge skyscrapers, zillions of people, and almost 13,000 yellow cabs. What do I know about cotton fields? lol

Yes, TES requires being requested by the family and will not search without the blessings of the Law Enforcement Agencies involved.

If TES can't make it Monica Caison and her CUE Center is in North Carolina.
There is a K-9 group called USAR = Urban Search and Rescue, also NC I think.

I'm sure I can come up with more if need be, those are just two that stick in my head right now as fairly close. No intent to leave anybody or Organization out.

Here at WS we have Oriah and SARX that are both SAR K-9. It might be wise to ask them for recommendations regarding SAR Orgs for states in that area. I am sure we have others here, I just don't know the names/nics offhand.

Yes, TES requires being requested by the family and will not search without the blessings of the Law Enforcement Agencies involved.

If TES can't make it Monica Caison and her CUE Center is in North Carolina.
There is a K-9 group called USAR = Urban Search and Rescue, also NC I think.

I'm sure I can come up with more if need be, those are just two that stick in my head right now as fairly close. No intent to leave anybody or Organization out.

Here at WS we have Oriah and SARX that are both SAR K-9. It might be wise to ask them for recommendations regarding SAR Orgs for states in that area. I am sure we have others here, I just don't know the names/nics offhand.

Thank you for your recommendations, dsntslp.

Is there anyone here who might be willing to get in touch with any of these organizations? I'm the map person :). Who wants to be one of the phone people? Thank you in advance to anyone who is willing to help.

Thank you for your recommendations, dsntslp.

Is there anyone here who might be willing to get in touch with any of these organizations? I'm the map person :). Who wants to be one of the phone people? Thank you in advance to anyone who is willing to help.
Hang on I'll grab websites and the # I have for USAR. The thing is...I am almost positive they handle cases the same way as TES, meaning a family member has to call them out. I'm not sure, so do not quote that info. Off to grab info, brb.

The following info is from business card I saved, if anything is incorrect please tell me.

usark9.org
Daniel Fuller Director
Southeast Region
Hilton Head Island, SC 29925
843-247-0904
usark9sc@yahoo.org

Mr. Fuller and his group have worked with TES on some of the searches I have been on.
They are very professional, imo.

------------
CUE Center For Missing persons
http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/
Contact info at site

Truthsleuth,
I sent a note and link to Oriah and SARX asking them to check out this thread. :)

AW, An end of life love story? Who can resist?

They need to be reunited if it is at all possible, imo.
Praying she is found so they can be laid to rest together etc...

Hugs,
Dsn

A man who organized searches for the Russells in Logan County said he would take volunteers to Tennessee, if their family wanted him to do so.

Members of the Russell family said they would refrain from commenting on the case until authorities in Ohio were briefed and determine what comes next in the investigation, Mallett reported.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...a-search-ends-logan-county-woman.html?sid=102

Chief Kunze: Investigators have not suspended search for Gladis Russell

http://www.examiner.org/index.php?o...-gladis-russell&catid=34:local-news&Itemid=55

Contrary to several media reports, the search for Gladis Russell has not been suspended, according to a Thursday afternoon press release from Bellefontaine Police Chief Brad Kunze.

Concerning such reports, Chief Kunze said, “nothing could be further from the truth.”

(more at link)

I am relieved to hear they haven't stopped looking for her. The poor couple had to endure pure evil. They deserve nothing less than to be buried side by side.

Good to know they're still looking for her, after all.

Don't get your hopes up. This guy is a politican, he serves the public and has learned how to say what he wants and still keep them happy.

To me here is what I see in the press release. He's feeling public pressure over the stopping of the searches. I think he has probably gotten a lot of volunteers from local LE officers, rescue teams and others volunteering their time to do the searches. But he isn't going to do anymore organized searches at present so he doesn't need them.

He doesn't see any use in doing physical searches, feels they will be useless. He feels the only way she will be found is if someone in the public finds her on their property. So they will give the property owners notice and ask them to call if they find her. They will continue to put pressure on Littleton for more info when they can.

He won't be giving any more media statements unless he has new info.

IOW they may be down to an impasse. IMO they may be considering approaching the family and saying that they have a choice, bargain with a plea deal to get her remains or go with what they have and possibly have to hope that her remains will be found by the public.

This is my opinion of course, but that is what I see in the statement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johlar12
Back