OH OH - Roberta 'Bobby' Snider, 70, Hartville, 4 Jan 2018 *Guilty*

The question wasn’t even answered...making the response even stranger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who “brought it in” wasn’t even part of the question asked. Hmmm....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The question wasn’t even answered...making the response even stranger.

Yea, almost like they were answering someone else’s question. Maybe they’re getting the same question from all directions, in different forms.

LE needs to give an update or the reporter writing the article needs to do a followup on the article.

Are we to never know anything else?

IIRC, LE has not said this. The hotel would not confirm it to a news organization, and a poster here said that is standard practice in the hotel industry.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I confirmed that a hotel would not give that information away to anyone as I am a former Front Desk Manager,

LE confirmed that PS checked into a Days Inn close to Graceland at 11 am and left at 3:30 am the next morning to go home. They did not go to a hotel in Kentucky. Bobby's brother said that he thought she might have died in Kentucky on the way to Graceland.

I confirmed that a hotel would not give that information away to anyone as I am a former Front Desk Manager,

LE confirmed that PS checked into a Days Inn close to Graceland at 11 am and left at 3:30 am the next morning to go home. They did not go to a hotel in Kentucky. Bobby's brother said that he thought she might have died in Kentucky on the way to Graceland.
Where did LE confirm they weren't at this hotel? All I found in this thread when I did a search earlier was that the hotel would not confirm.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm on horseback and the horse has thrown me and is dragging me with one foot in the stirrup.
You took the words straight from this horse's mouth!! My Lord!! My head is spinning over this crazy case!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

He checked out of the Hotel near Graceland at 3:30 AM on Jan 5th according to LE and he says he "put her with nature" in the Tennessee River off of 1-40 on Jan 6th.That's a 3 hour drive....what else did he do in that 20 hours on Jan 5th??

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Sadly, until her body is found, if it is ever found, I don't think we'll ever know what truly happened to Bobby. For all we know, he could have done his own cremation of her- I know that sounds God awful, but seeing that so far, there isn't any evidence of her whatsoever taking that trip with him, he could have done just about anything with her. Tossing her in the river sounds like a pretty handy excuse- it can take a long time before a corpse shows up in the river, and even then, it can be pieces of clothing, bones, etc that show up a year or so later. This is just so sad for her family- my heart breaks for them all.
I don't think he'd have the guts to just "burn" her body.
Imo, he honestly threw her corpse into the river to let nature take its course

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

According to the Death with Dignity website, five states and the District of Columbia have physician-assisted suicide provisions:

1. California (End of Life Option Act; 2016)
  2. Colorado (End of Life Options Act; 2016)
  3. District of Columbia (Death with Dignity Act; 2017)
  4. Oregon (Oregon Death with Dignity Act; 1994/1997)
  5. Vermont (Patient Choice and Control at the End of Life Act; 2013)
  6. Washington (Washington Death with Dignity Act; 2008)

Wow I can't believe so few states have this law. I can't see why a terminally-ill (adults 18+) person's right not to suffer needlessly (if that is their choice) should be denied. Makes absolute no sense to me.

I was leaning towards a mercy killing perhaps in this case. I'm leaning the other way now unfortunately. I have a sick seeking that we might never really know.

Wow I can't believe so few states have this law. I can't see why a terminally-ill (adults 18+) person's right not to suffer needlessly (if that is their choice) should be denied. Makes absolute no sense to me.

I was leaning towards a mercy killing perhaps in this case. I'm leaning the other way now unfortunately. I have a sick seeking that we might never really know.

Yes, California recently passed that law. Google Brittany Maynard, I watched a video (possibly a documentary) about her decision to move so that she could have the option to die when she chose.

Yes, California recently passed that law. Google Brittany Maynard, I watched a video (possibly a documentary) about her decision to move so that she could have the option to die when she chose.

I live in Cali and I'm glad that G. Brown got that passed. I just thought more states had it. I know the story well. RIP Brittany.

?Just one more thought...Can dementia come and go? My mom had surgery and she went into a pyschotic(I hope this is the right word) state afterwards. Oh my!! She is fine now.
...but when asked ?'s she came up with some doozies but after 2 or 3 answers would answer correctly.?

My mother has dementia and it does seem to come and go, but she tells some wonderful stories when in her "off" moments.
The thing is she believes the stories have really happened and is very convincing.

My mother has dementia and it does seem to come and go, but she tells some wonderful stories when in her "off" moments.
The thing is she believes the stories have really happened and is very convincing.
I do wonder if that is the case here, still? Not so wonderful of a story but by now if the story happened as told the first time another state would be reaching out with a Jane Doe. sigh.

I’m not on the side of the dementia theory. I think PS knew exactly what he was doing and might go as far as to say he meticulously planned this.

I’m sorry I don’t remember the poster but pages back it was posted about a person going on holiday and their partner dying then the person returned home on their own and their partners ashes being forwarded to them weeks later.

I wonder then if this is something PS had knowledge of, not our poster’s story but similar? That could explain the obit: she died while on holiday and as it was out of state, due to the costs of transportation of her body it was the only way he could afford to bring her home. He could have covered this up by having an urn “appear” from somewhere - I don’t think anyone would have questioned him on the contents.

Where he slipped up was the story to the B-i-L where he said he flagged down an ambulance and didn’t know where she had been taken so he came Home. I don’t know why he didn’t think he’d be questioned on that fairytale.

However I’m not convinced on the manner of death: murder, assisted suicide/suicide (then the disposal of the remains to cover up the shame) or Bobby passing naturally on the way to her beloved Graceland are all possibilities in my mind.

Whatever the scenario was I hope Bobby comes home to rest soon.

All MOO xx

For reference, IF he really did put her in the Tennessee River along I-40, here is a map from I-40 downstream to near the state line. The channel is rather straight but then starts meandering and the water would slow down a bit.
fcf7b143e64551434599cfcf241f30fa.jpg

For reference, IF he really did put her in the Tennessee River along I-40, here is a map from I-40 downstream to near the state line. The channel is rather straight but then starts meandering and the water would slow down a bit.
fcf7b143e64551434599cfcf241f30fa.jpg

Here’s a picture of the bridge there from google maps. The ‘railing’ is low.
c831ecb2067dc3f0be759b1b4c688d8e.jpg

Here’s a picture of the bridge there from google maps. The ‘railing’ is low.
c831ecb2067dc3f0be759b1b4c688d8e.jpg
Speculating: It seems like there would always be traffic coming up behind you, but maybe if he had a narrow strip of plywood he could lay it across the tailgate and lever her over. Ugh.

[emoji257] RIP Roberta. [emoji257]

Where are you?

Speculating: It seems like there would always be traffic coming up behind you, but maybe if he had a narrow strip of plywood he could lay it across the tailgate and lever her over. Ugh.

Where are you?

If he left Graceland/Days Inn at 3:30 am, it’s about a 2 hr drive to that bridge, so he’d hit it around 5:30-6am. Wonder how much traffic would be going thru there at that time? Around me (suburban area), if it’s a weekday rush hour would be starting, so plenty of traffic. But is that bridge in a more rural area? And was it a weekday (5th) or weekend (6th)? That could make a difference.

Where are you?

Things I’d like to know are, did they travel much and if so did they they always take his pickup truck on vacation? Did they have a car? This is an 11 hour drive from Hartville to Memphis. Seems like a long, uncomfortable ride for a woman whose’s terminally ill.
If she died along the way, and he’s saying he wrapped her up in trash bags, where exactly did he wrap up her body and how? Out in a parking lot somewhere in the bed of his truck?

Did you name a funeral home or when the funeral was to be or where interment would be?

Was the 'notice' as generic as Bobbie's? Yours was apparently a notice whereas Bobbie's was an obituary.

I did not name a funeral home as he was cremated (and is 'interred' in my step-mother's bottom dresser drawer at present). There was no funeral. It listed his survivors, military service etc. I wrote it, took it to the paper, paid my money and it was published.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back