OH OH - Ronald Tammen, 19, Oxford, 19 April 1953

The history of Ronald Tammen Jr., a Miami student still missing after 70 years

Was it amnesia? Maybe a government cover-up? Or a case of foul play?

Theories on the whereabouts of former Miami University student Ronald Tammen Jr. continue to abound as April 19 marks the 70th anniversary of his disappearance.

Miami alumna Jennifer Wenger, ’80, is currently writing a book about her investigation into Tammen’s disappearance.

Miami alumna Jennifer Wenger, ’80, is currently writing a book about her investigation into Tammen’s disappearance.
She's done quite a few interviews. She's probably going to try to claim that Tammen's disappearance in related to MK Ultra. It may be true that one of Tammen's professors was involved in MK Ultra, but that isn't evidence of a connection to Tammen's disappearance.

It may be true that one of Tammen's professors was involved in MK Ultra, but that isn't evidence of a connection to Tammen's disappearance.

Agreed. She’s definitely uncovered some strange/suggestive things, but none of it may have anything to do with Tammen’s disappearance.

It’s difficult, when you’re in the midst of the sort of deep, immersive research Wagner is, to avoid all the rabbit holes. It’s easy to start thinking every adjacent weird occurrence, unexplained detail, or apparent difficulty in accessing relevant materials as evidence of something larger.

There is someone who postulates that Ron Tammen was D.B. Cooper. I will not post a link, you can search for it if you like. That one is a whopper.

There are all kinds of weird rumors out there. I heard one rumor that Ronald Tammen and Richard Cox (the missing West Point cadet) knew one another.

There are all kinds of weird rumors out there. I heard one rumor that Ronald Tammen and Richard Cox (the missing West Point cadet) knew one another.
Tammen was only 16 years old when Richard Cox went missing from West Point. Both disappeared while college students and are still missing.

388f0eeb-ae11-41c7-8446-226e4fcd0951.sized-1000x1000.jpeg

Ronald Tammen (center). with his siblings.

LINKS:

I don't recall if this was posted here before, it's a blog post, dated 2021, about Ron's mother, Marjorie.
It has a lot of family pictures and sheds some light on his family, including extended family, dynamics.
One thing which stood out to me was his maternal uncle's wife's parents, the Handchins, lived on campus while Ron was there, and he was close to his aunt's family:
(When Ron was at Miami, he was known to visit the Handschins, whose home was behind the Delta Tau Delta house.)
His maternal uncle, John McCann, was a highly decorated colonel in the Air Force. Ron looked up to him.

Miami University Oxford Ohio student Ronald Tammen vanished

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA