OH - Serial Killings in Stark County *ARREST in 2020*

Hello. I'm new to the site but very familiar with the area. Thanks for all of your input as it has allowed me to identify fil.

However, I have a few questions:

Were these women contract kills or "just for fun"? Not mafia, but other related parties.

Is your fil Christian? Were there any ministers you encountered that were his acquaintance?

You say he owned a restaurant.in massillon. Did he have aNy friends from "back in the day"?

Do you.know what mob family.he is associated with? Is it possible he.bacame an informant in the 80s and was placed.in protection? Or when.was the.last.time.he did a job?

I just came across this thread and it's very interesting!! MinLynn don't give up hope!! You can make a difference!!

Hello. I'm new to the site but very familiar with the area. Thanks for all of your input as it has allowed me to identify fil.

However, I have a few questions:

Were these women contract kills or "just for fun"? Not mafia, but other related parties.

Is your fil Christian? Were there any ministers you encountered that were his acquaintance?

You say he owned a restaurant.in massillon. Did he have aNy friends from "back in the day"?

Do you.know what mob family.he is associated with? Is it possible he.bacame an informant in the 80s and was placed.in protection? Or when.was the.last.time.he did a job?

Sorry I've been away. We've been suffering quite a bit of tremendous stress in our family what with the death of a very close loved one and my poor dog biting a neighbor's child (who was trespassing in our yard and jumped out of a bush in our yard at the dog while screaming) and we are now facing the possibility of being sued and having to register our dog as a dangerous animal who is a threat to the public. I've actually begun to develop ulcers and so have been in tremendous pain lately.

A lot of your questions, we simply just wouldn't be able to know without pretty much coming out and asking FIL which could also tip him off to what we do know and could put us in further danger. I can't risk that.

Yes, he is a Christian and was raised in a very religious household. His reverend is aware of his past doings (we attend the same church) but there is a sort of "loyalty" when it comes to these type of things, I guess.

The more husband and I have thought about it over the last few months, the more we have come to the conclusion that these murders could have been contract hits and not necessarily thrill killings. Of course, I have no proof of that and will never know if that is true but it could be why he later set "rules" that he will not do any hits that involve children in the home or married women. Who knows? Perhaps these murders were so gruesome because he was paid to make them that gruesome? I just will never know unless he himself decides to come out with the truth.

I cannot give you the names of the families he works with and for. That's too dangerous for me to do. I've already put myself in a lot of danger with just what I have posted here. So far it hasn't not brought me any type of harm or further harassment but I really do need to be careful about throwing out more names, etc. FIL may not be that tech savvy but I'm sure others are.

Oh no MinLynn.... So sorry to hear that! Hopefully everything gets worked out ok. And prayers for the loss of a loved friend.

We are hear for you

I don't have any info to add but wanted to tell you that when I was younger living with my parents in a VERY small town in Ohio, there was a couple who was around my parents same age, and they had the exact same names as my parents- both first names, and same last name.
We used to always get their phone messages and stuff like that.
Really weird esp in such a SMALL town, and esp since it wasn't like just one person had the same name- it was both.
Just as an example it was like here is Barbie and Ken Jones, and across town here is another Barbie and Ken Jones.
Phone numbers were only one number off, and everyone had close birthdays.
Anyway I am only posting this because I know what you mean about it being a weird coincidence..it does happen!
Sorry I can't be of help with the case though...wish I knew something that could help. :(

to announce a probable killer and hope the perp doesn't see it someplace? just frightens me to do that.
If he is responsible for murders and has not been caught it means he will and could be still doing this kind of thing/
very tough situation but doing the right thing is making others aware of it and you have so :seeya: and keep being strong...maybe somebody sometime will listen?
Wonder if NG or JVM would look into this?

Sorry I've been away. We've been suffering quite a bit of tremendous stress in our family what with the death of a very close loved one and my poor dog biting a neighbor's child (who was trespassing in our yard and jumped out of a bush in our yard at the dog while screaming) and we are now facing the possibility of being sued and having to register our dog as a dangerous animal who is a threat to the public. I've actually begun to develop ulcers and so have been in tremendous pain lately.

A lot of your questions, we simply just wouldn't be able to know without pretty much coming out and asking FIL which could also tip him off to what we do know and could put us in further danger. I can't risk that.

Yes, he is a Christian and was raised in a very religious household. His reverend is aware of his past doings (we attend the same church) but there is a sort of "loyalty" when it comes to these type of things, I guess.

The more husband and I have thought about it over the last few months, the more we have come to the conclusion that these murders could have been contract hits and not necessarily thrill killings. Of course, I have no proof of that and will never know if that is true but it could be why he later set "rules" that he will not do any hits that involve children in the home or married women. Who knows? Perhaps these murders were so gruesome because he was paid to make them that gruesome? I just will never know unless he himself decides to come out with the truth.

I cannot give you the names of the families he works with and for. That's too dangerous for me to do. I've already put myself in a lot of danger with just what I have posted here. So far it hasn't not brought me any type of harm or further harassment but I really do need to be careful about throwing out more names, etc. FIL may not be that tech savvy but I'm sure others are.

What denomination are you? Church of God?

Methodist if we have to claim anything but none of us are practicing any longer.

Very small update that unfortunately doesn't shed good light at all on these cases.

We ran into the former detective that we had originally worked with 4 years ago. The reason we had lost touch it seems is because mysteriously he was taken off the case and put back to being a police officer. He was the lead detective in this so he wasn't happy to say the least. He did confirm for us, though, that these cases are being blown off and it's not due to police or detective work but because of higher ups in office and those hoping to be higher up in office. He said that, basically, they want it all or they want nothing at all. They know what a huge media storm and how huge it would be to be able to bust this open and be able to link him to absolutely everything they believe he is involved with and not just what they can put him away with for sure. There is plenty that they know for a fact but it isn't enough for them. They want it all. Unfortunately.......that isn't going to happen and they know it. So, everybody that was working so hard with us were unceremoniously dumped from the case and it's now just sitting back where it was in the 80's........extremely cold.

Not good signs, guys! I almost feel guilty for ever even bringing any of this forward in the first place. I had hoped there was a chance that something could be done at least for the original three murder victims' families but it doesn't look like even that will ever happen.

I'm at a loss as to where to go from here.

Your evidence will be used eventually, I really believe it. But, maybe you've done enough for now.

I do wonder if you're right and someone paid the hitter to make some crimes really brutal and nasty. I've always suspected that happens. So, the scene looks sloppy, but there are no real clues left behind.

I know that it's been a very long time, but, I just wanted you all to know that I do still work on this when I can and that I still think about you all and everything you've done everyday! I had to take a break from it all for quite some time as I started to suffer both mentally and physically for a couple of months. I lost my cousin (who was pretty much raised as my brother) due to a drug OD and it had me extremely depressed. What I thought were ulcers turned out to be many kidney stones, a serious UTI infection AND the the flu all at once. I have an anti-immune disorder (antiphospholipid syndrome with lupus like symptoms) and that causes any illness to stick around for some time. I'm finally on the mend. On top of that, both sons are in football and my daughter is in cheer and competition cheer so we've been so very busy lately! Whew!

Now that football is over and only cheerleading competitions are left, then I think I may have some time to start going to the county library like I used to. I don't know if it will help solve anything but with the new information you guys have been able to provide me with, I may be able to find some more information on microfiche etc. At least, it can settle curiosity if nothing else.

We recently ran into FIL not long ago and he freely admitted to a number of other "jobs" he had done over the summer. He's still at it. He still has a very loose jaw when it comes to discussing his "work". As soon as he started telling us all this, my mind just immediately jumped to "How in the HELL has none of those in LE been able to capture him?!" But to seem nonchalant around him, we just had to smile and nod our heads. I hate doing that but I have to since I know that LE is not working on the case any longer despite knowing the danger we have been put into.

So, while a lot of my hopes have been dashed in these cases...........I will not give up completely. Especially, for you guys! You've been too awesome with all of this and have made me feel like I've been worth listening to and like my family is cared about! Thank you!

As a former Stark county resident, I care about you MinLynn and haven't forgotten you. In searching your info from before one thing I ran into was the Canton Repository data base only went so far back on news stories. One thing I'd suggest is a visit to the Canton Repository to find news stories prior to the beginning of their database. I think you'll find your information on the (near) Fulton Rd homicide there.

Glad your doing better and hope you have a good year.

Always,

Peli

:loveyou: It's good to hear from you. I'm sorry you've had a rough patch, but glad things are looking up.

I haven't posted on this thread in awhile, either. But be assured, when I'm searching through cold cases, I always have an eye out for anything that might be relevant to this one.

I just read through this thread and it blew my mind. It's horrible how nothing is being done to put him behind bars. I can see why LE would want to be able to close all the cases at once but in the end this could be the difference between life or death for more people. Also, arresting him could probably lead to more insight into other cases, it's not uncommon for new evidence to surface once someone has been arrested and even convicted. It's unfortunate that a police department isn't doing its job because of office politics.

Please stay safe, MinLynn! You're really brave to get this out there, I don't think I'd ever risk putting it online somewhere even if he himself can't see it. Also just an idea, you may want to use another picture that isn't yourself (I assume that's you in your icon), obviously the things you said mean much more but plausible deniability and all that and just for privacy's sake. He sounds like a dangerous person and the fact he hasn't been convicted makes me think his connections probably go quite deep.

I hope your health gets better and I'm sorry about your dog, is he ok now?

As to the possibility of these murders also being 'hits', I don't think so. He may have those rules about 'job' murders but not about other murders especially if he has a troubled relationship with women. It definitely sounds like he has no interest in killing kids. To give you the opposite example, I spend a lot of time on WS sometimes but I'd never want to work as a police detective, or I cook for fun but I'd never cook for my day job. From what I understand he's never straight up admitted to these murders but likes to brag about his 'hits', if these were 'hits' then I assume he'd brag about them and how he made it look like an unrelated crime on purpose and so on. I don't understand why anyone would place a hit on middle aged and elderly ladies either.

Just :twocents:.

Also, it's terrifying that you describe him as being someone most people who know him in real life wouldn't think of. It goes to show how so many people who commit heinous crimes look so normal and even nice on the surface, that's always disturbing to me. We're always so tempted to believe that dangerous people act very obviously differently on the surface but the reality is very different.

We're still dealing with the dog issue and are in the process of being sued and having to fight the courts against deeming him to be a vicious dog. He won't be euthanized or anything but he is far from vicious or dangerous and I don't believe he should be classified as such. Unfortunately, if we're sued we'll have to file for bankruptcy since we are living on my husband's disability alone. Just something else we have to struggle through.

The library has every Repository issue on microfiche and now that I have dates and some names then it will make it easier for me to search further at the library. I just have to find a day that I don't have anything going on at all and can spend the day there. Like I said before, it will only probably satisfy some curiosity but it's something.

Thanks MinLynn, I'm following now, take care. Thank you everyone else for the information you have dug up.

I hope that gets solved soon. It seems unfair that you'd be sued given the scenario you described, the child was trespassing and scaring the dog. Good luck to you, I'm sorry your family has been through so much and it's truly impressive you're still sticking all together as a unit through this.

Let us know if you find out anything that can be shared! I'd offer to join but I'm on the other side of the Atlantic, so I don't think I'd have any access to Ohio microfiches.

MinLynn, I have prayed for your safety and that of your family. I will pray for you again. I know it is a small thing, but I wanted you to know one more person cares about you, your husband, your children, and also your dog.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ONF21772
Back