OH - Serial Killings in Stark County *ARREST in 2020*

has he traveled very far?
Or only locally?
other cold cases may indeed fit.As far as similar MO ?
Since he is older now he doesn't travel far. To our knowledge he has traveled to PA a lot years ago but now he is taking care of his elderly mother and father so doesn't go far at all.

Somehow, I just knew that even this detective wasn't going to be able to get the prosecutors to contact us no matter what! I've searched every possible data base for cold cases and unsolved homicides and there is nothing! I even used Linda Smith as a starting point at the Attorney General's website and she isn't listed at all! How can that be?! Why am I getting the feeling that A LOT of this is being covered up in high places? I even went so far as to get a membership at Ancestry.com so that I can look at newspapers. I'm still scouring those but it's hard with only dates and locations to go on. For those of you who would like to search in your free time here's the info I have (besides the POI's name and info):
First murder was Sept. 19th 1985 in Canton OH on Harmont Ave. Victim was married with grandchildren.
Second Murder was March 30th 1986 in Canton OH off of Fulton in an apartment building. Victim wasn't married to my knowledge but was middle aged at that time.
Third Murder was located in East Sparta, OH in 1987 but I don't have an exact date. She was married though.

FYI: MinLynn has been verified as an insider in this case.

Somehow, I just knew that even this detective wasn't going to be able to get the prosecutors to contact us no matter what! I've searched every possible data base for cold cases and unsolved homicides and there is nothing! I even used Linda Smith as a starting point at the Attorney General's website and she isn't listed at all! How can that be?! Why am I getting the feeling that A LOT of this is being covered up in high places? I even went so far as to get a membership at Ancestry.com so that I can look at newspapers. I'm still scouring those but it's hard with only dates and locations to go on. For those of you who would like to search in your free time here's the info I have (besides the POI's name and info):
First murder was Sept. 19th 1985 in Canton OH on Harmont Ave. Victim was married with grandchildren.
Second Murder was March 30th 1986 in Canton OH off of Fulton in an apartment building. Victim wasn't married to my knowledge but was middle aged at that time.
Third Murder was located in East Sparta, OH in 1987 but I don't have an exact date. She was married though.
I found an article about the garage sale murder. Unfortunately, I can't link it because it's a pay to view article. I can summarize, though.

The article written by David Adams appeared in the Akron Beacon Journal on September 14, 1986

The victim was Kay Elaine Gulosh. She was 46, and lived on Harmount Ave in Canton, Plain Twp, OH. Just like we read in the 2009 article, on September 19, 1985, she held a garage sale at her home. It was a beautiful, sunny day. Both the front and back doors were open. Her parents visited and left around 3:40 in the afternoon. A neighbor saw Kay pull her grandson's playpen into the garage about a half hour later, and then she went inside. The garage sale was over, and Kay was home alone with her 7 month-old grandson. Her husband came home from work about 5 and found Kay dead on the bed in their bedroom. She had been sexually assaulted and strangled. In addition, [FONT=Arial,geneva,helvetica]she suffered stab wounds to the back, and a "yawning ear-to-throat" knife wound.

The article was written on the one year anniversary in 1986. Mr Gulosh had lost 40 pounds and moved into a trailer. He offered a $5K reward, but to no avail. Kay also had two grown daughters. Some of the family members had a suspect in mind, but to their knowledge, Kay did not know the person.

Stark County Sheriff's Department Captain James Shannon was interviewed and described the crime as "an L.A. or New York murder". In the interview he admitted that all leads had been exhausted.
[/FONT]

I find it hard to believe that LE is letting this guy just walk around free

Alot of people probably don't even know they are living next to a SK-how scary is that!!

I can not believe with the DNA tech that we have today,LE can't connect him to the murders-something ain't right there..thats for sure!!

Bessie, Thank you so much for that info! It helps to have a name. I had found Kay's name in the SS database but could not find any articles about her. We were never aware of the throat cutting. We were only aware that they were "mutilated" but always had suspicions that that could be what the mutilations meant since it wouldn't have been unusual for him to kill in that matter.

As for the 4 in Akron in Cuyahoga Falls. They certainly could be connected. All the murders fit his MO. But we're hitting some major brick walls right now and it's extremely frustrating. We have been cut off right now from any info out of the blue and we aren't sure why. We keep being told that prosecutors want to speak with us but then they never do.

Something else for everyone to keep in mind:

While in prison in Leavenworth for murder, he had a vasectomy done. From what I understand that would mean there would be no DNA in his sperm. Or am I wrong on that? Very odd for an 18 year old guy to opt for a vasectomy while in prison, don't you think?

Bessie, Thank you so much for that info! It helps to have a name. I had found Kay's name in the SS database but could not find any articles about her. We were never aware of the throat cutting. We were only aware that they were "mutilated" but always had suspicions that that could be what the mutilations meant since it wouldn't have been unusual for him to kill in that matter.

As for the 4 in Akron in Cuyahoga Falls. They certainly could be connected. All the murders fit his MO. But we're hitting some major brick walls right now and it's extremely frustrating. We have been cut off right now from any info out of the blue and we aren't sure why. We keep being told that prosecutors want to speak with us but then they never do.

Something else for everyone to keep in mind:

While in prison in Leavenworth for murder, he had a vasectomy done. From what I understand that would mean there would be no DNA in his sperm. Or am I wrong on that? Very odd for an 18 year old guy to opt for a vasectomy while in prison, don't you think?

Sperm cells are only one component of semen. DNA can be derived from the others. When he was 18, however, DNA identification wasn't used in criminal investigations. A vasectomy at that age is unusual, but then he wasn't your average 18 year-old.

I forgot to say that the article doesn't mention the pink '63 Mercury. I wonder if that was left out deliberately. Something else just occurred to me. The article was written a year after the murder. By then, two more very similar killings had taken place, yet not one word was written about them.

By now, I'm sure a lot of you have heard or watched the story about the disappeared teens in Cleveland that were just discovered after 10 years. If you follow that story at all then you'll get a sense of just how Ohio police work.......they really don't. Nothing is ever considered connected and that is especially true in our bigger cities like Cleveland,Akron and Canton in NE Ohio. Behind the scenes, they had connected them all along but publicly it was as if these murders had nothing whatsoever to do with each-other.

How scary for you MinLynn and your family. Praying that you do hear from the prosecutor and you can help to give the families of these victims a little peace. Stay safe!

Thank you. If I'm being honest, however, my safety is no longer a concern. I mean I'm not going to go doing something stupid but at the same time, I can no longer live in fear of this man and simply sit by and do nothing when I, and those in LE, know the truth but nothing is being done. I figure if more people can start linking stuff together and becoming aware then these families may finally have some kind of peace of mind and a sense of closure after some 20+ years of what I'm sure has been pure agony.

This is driving me nuts. The whole reason I created an account on here is because I was reading this and also found two murders that could be linked. of course I didn't bookmark it. can't find it now. but I will and then post it.

Welcome, giagreen! I hope you can find those cases. If you need help and can remember any of the details, I'll be happy to try to track them down for you.

Ah! I was particularly curious about Pennsylvania. Also the murder of Helen Stuart in Newark, 1989, though it looks like the suspect is known in that killing, too. A guy who was staying at the house next door.

OH OH - Helen Stuart, 71, murdered in Newark, April 1989 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Here's an article from the Columbus Dispatch that was written a few years ago about the murder of Helen Stuart.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2010/11/29/a-brutal-end-to-a-gentle-life.html

Everything about Helen Stuart's murder matches except the movement of the body. That's the only thing that doesn't match. In fact, my FIL and his parents even traveled to Florida every year for some time like Helen did. The only thing I can do is mention it to the people I know and keep her name listed to see what I can find out. No promises, however, since it seems that LE just will not do anything when it comes to this man. I will do what I can do however.

Welcome, giagreen! I hope you can find those cases. If you need help and can remember any of the details, I'll be happy to try to track them down for you.

Hi and thank you. its hard for me to look now and type being on a phone with stupid spell check that changes what I am trying to type....lol. well the two cases I was reading were fervently linked but not sure how linked they could be to this case. I think they could be. it was about two young woman who were murdered in Ohio and found just a half a mile apart in a state park I believe....what made me think about it maybe being linked to these murders is that one girl was from Pennsylvania and taken from there. it confused LE cause they don't know how she ended up in Ohio....the other girl was from Ohio not far from where she was found. the Pennsylvania connection is what made me think about this. the girls where a bit younger tho. I will keep looking for the story and post it as soon as I've got time and can find it.

I forgot to say that the article doesn't mention the pink '63 Mercury. I wonder if that was left out deliberately. Something else just occurred to me. The article was written a year after the murder. By then, two more very similar killings had taken place, yet not one word was written about them.
I forgot to answer this for you! Sorry! The reason that the pink 63 Mercury wasn't mentioned a year later was probably because that car actually belonged to his brother and his brother was letting him borrow it that day. They probably didn't want people linking the car to the wrong brother. When they ran the car like they said they did, they probably came across his brother's name and linked who he was a sibling to.

So far the only death I have found on March 30th 1986 (2nd murder) in Stark County is Margaret G Meyers. She would have been 70 at the time of her murder.

First I've seen this thread, I lived in Stark Co from 1975-ish to 91. Have a daughter there now so I'm listening. Racking my memory cells here as there seemed to be a rash of child abductions. Not remembering adult murders but am somewhat familiar with the locations.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back