OH OH - Sharon Yoczik, 67, Gallipolis, 22 March 2013

If anyone is reading this, I'm not giving up. I know in my heart and in my head that everything doesn't add up. I have come to the point where I can't live with it anymore. The person I knew as my mother would never have just walked into the Ohio River on one of the coldest days of the year with the foulest weather. She was terrified of water and could not swim. She owned a burial plot for many years and had prearranged funeral plans - she wanted to be buried with her sisters and her brother. She was in pain due to a long history of rheumatoid arthritis and had a knee replacement 18 months or so before this happened. There are a lot of things that don't add up about the investigation and the flow of information between family and the sheriff's department. Missing pieces everywhere. And no one is putting two and two together to make four. Not sure what to do at this point. But I can't just walk away. Too many unanswered questions and a fractured family unfortunately. My mother deserves the benefit of the doubt - no one just disappears off the face of the earth. Someone knows more than they are telling.

Welcome to WS, Appalachiangranny. I only just now ran across your blog entry. Seems appropriate to bump the thread with a link to it on this day.

Missing Sharon
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/entry.php?1392-Missing-Sharon

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/20280
Sharon has been missing for 2 years now.

My mother's name is Sharon Edwards Ramey Yoczik. Today is March 21, 2016. She disappeared on March 21, 2013. Gone without a trace. Someone knows something. Someone always does. It has been a long three years. Time does not heal this wound. If anything time makes this wound deeper. I know my mother did not commit suicide in the Ohio River as we have been led to believe. I have a number of reasons why this makes no sense. There were things that were not investigated at the time, things that no one knows about. Stories that really don't work together when looked at over time. My mother had a very deep seated fear of water and would not go to the river as a means of killing herself. Something else happened. I will keep looking and listening. If I can't find her, I will find out what happened to her. It's a matter of time.

Not that anyone is still interested in this thread, but I am updating anyway. Recently a body was found on the bank of the Ohio River at Ironton, Ohio. DNA came back and the body was identified as a young woman who has been missing for some time, but not my mother. At this point I am pretty much giving up any hope of finding her or finding out what really happened to her. I keep telling myself that at least someone's family is getting closure this year and I am happy for them. I just want for US to know what happened. Thanks for everything you do. I know you care or you would not be here, helping to turn things over and sift through the info. Hell, the info in NAMUS for my mother isn't even correct. Everyone acts like is doesn't matter. But it matters to me. Thanks for giving me a safe space to vent a little.

Thank you for updating. It may seem not many are interested, but please know that I and many others often think about your mother. I feel very bad for you, you deserve to get answers and I really hoped by now you would have gotten them. Unfortunately that hasn't happened yet, but sometimes after many years people start talking or evidence shows up, so lets hope this will also happen with your mothers case. She sounds like a lovely lady that did not deserve to just disappear like that. May answers come soon :heartbeat:

We are approaching the anniversary date of this lady's disappearance. She certainly hasn't received the attention that she rightly deserves. Everyone, read the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, please. I feel you'll get the same feeling in the pit of your stomach that something is "off" about all of this. Bumping for Ms. Sharon Yoczik.

Sharon K. Yoczik – The Charley Project

Sharon K. Yoczik
  • yoczik_sharon.jpg
  • yoczik_sharon2.jpg
Yoczik, circa 2013

• Missing Since03/22/2013
  • Missing FromGallipolis, Ohio
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Age67 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2, 120 - 140 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA red sweater, black pants and black shoes. Possibly carrying a small bag containing her medications.
  • Medical ConditionsYoczik has several medical conditions which she requires medications for. She suffers from severe arthritis and can't walk far as a result. She had also begun suffering blackouts after a recent car crash.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Yoczik wears eyeglasses, but they were left behind.
Details of Disappearance
Yoczik was last seen at her residence along Neighborhood Road in Gallipolis, Ohio on March 22, 2013. When her husband left at 10:00 a.m., she was asleep in bed. She has never been heard from again. Her eyeglasses were later found on the bank the Ohio River.

There is concern for Yoczik's safety, as she has no history of walking away and because of her state of health. An extensive search turned up no sign of her and her case remains unsolved.

Perhaps the glasses near the river was a red herring? If the canine trailed the scent from the mailbox to the river bank, why would she go so far knowing her health issues?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back