GUILTY OH - Steubenville Rape Case, 11 Aug 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The voices for this young girl need to be louder, and they need to be around the nation.

There are hashtags on twitter to show support, but I haven't seen this AT ALL in media, other than a few small outlets. I am trying to get big media, CBS, NBC to pick this up as we speak.

This story has a Friday Night Lights feel to it, and as women, and as mothers, we have to rise up and make a statement here - THIS IS NOT OKAY!

This thread has moved and I cannot find the correct forum for it, so I am subscribing with a post.
I am going to watch this one very, very, VERY carefully. I hope the MOTHERS of these "men" they have raised make the correct move here.

I really do pray for that.

Isn't the judge on this have a son playing football?

BBM

The sad thing is the mothers are married to the FATHERS of the football players.....

I mean Steubenville is nothing but football....their stadium looks like a college stadium....everybody attends every football game that is able.

No one will accept anything less than a state title.

For those of you who didn't watch the video, it consists of the boys laughing about what happened, describing it, making jokes: "She has to be dead, deader than Caylee Anthony" and on and on. You could hear some people in the background disgusted with what they were hearing, trying to get the kids to see reason, wanting to check on the girl, etc. It was hard to listen to (I didn't watch it because there were kids in the house and I didn't know what they would show), but it did my heart good to hear there were at least a couple of boys there who didn't buckle to peer pressure and tried to reason with the idiots involved.

Absolutely jaw-dropping. This case needs a special prosecutor, intervention from the AGs office, SOMETHING. ...

They have a special prosecutor and a visiting judge.
But they are charged as juveniles so they are not looking at any serious time.

Attorney representing teenage girl in rape investigation speaks out

Herbick: How do you, your client, her family feel about the attention that this case is attracting? We have these Internet hactivists, anonymous that is wanting to step in and bloggers saying they are in support of her, in support of justice.

Fitzsimmons: I have my personal opinions as I'm sure everybody else does, but really on behalf of the family who I represent, I really don't have a comment as to that. It is what it is today and today is 2012, soon to be 2013, and the world's changed a little bit as to how these things are addressed, but that's about the most I can tell you.

http://www.wtov9.com/news/news/local/attorney-representing-teenage-girl-rape-investigat/nThPZ/

For those of you who didn't watch the video, it consists of the boys laughing about what happened, describing it, making jokes: "She has to be dead, deader than Caylee Anthony" and on and on. You could hear some people in the background disgusted with what they were hearing, trying to get the kids to see reason, wanting to check on the girl, etc. It was hard to listen to (I didn't watch it because there were kids in the house and I didn't know what they would show), but it did my heart good to hear there were at least a couple of boys there who didn't buckle to peer pressure and tried to reason with the idiots involved.

BBM This makes me sick! The fact that they can make jokes about raping a classmate is disgusting, but the fact that they can make jokes about a 2-year-old baby who was brutally murdered, shows just how much they care about human life at all.

I'm going to link this case over on Caylee's forum and try to get this case more traffic here. Hopefully with more traffic in this thread will make more people raise their voices to get this the National/Worldwide attention it needs to get.

BBM-if they reached out to LE or called her family during this event, I will totally agree with you.

I sense that no one wants this to go to trial, but that is jmvho. I doubt that poor child is even slightly interested in testifying about something so horrific, whatever she can or cannot remember.

I think the drop to juvie is to prepare for a plea and a record that will be expunged in just a few years. So that their football dreams and college dreams can be preserved.

As for the adults-in the court of public opinion their days are numbered, starting with the adult whose email was hacked revealing the *advertiser censored*. I am certain it has been shipped off to the FBI to determine, if possible, the age of the women in the photos.

6 minutes of that video is all I have the stomach for. Welcome to the limelight-that teen who is doing his schtick will likely find life un pleasant at least for a while. I hope he was questioned-he seems to have quite a few details.

So I spent some time with the Ohio code and as others have mentioned, these charges should be automatic felonies. I mean there are quite a few folks out there in Steubenville who should be in line for felonies like Gross sexual imposition, transmitting/distributing/creating child *advertiser censored*....all kinds of stuff. In that 12 minute video alone, there are a few kids whose coffins should be nailed thanks to the videographer.
I look forward to the Chief, the Sheriff and the Prosecutors office rounding up a whole bunch of folks and seeing who pleads to what.

Right? I mean, even the belief of innocent until proven guilty doesnt preclude some of these kids from being charged.

Parents, step up. Please. Show your children what it is like to have a moral compass and how to exist in society. Be decent. Drag your little darling to the agency investigating this "alleged" crime and tell them to start talking. And please, take away their phones and their Ipads and their facebook/twitter accounts while this all works its way through the court system

I hope the feds will be involved here because the jockocracy seems to be in full swing. Nothing less than prison terms, sex offender registries, revocation of teaching licenses will be just in this case. The offenders are no longer human. Once you laugh at and dehumanize a person to that degree, you're a lost cause imo.

Steubenville is a very corrupt city. I think it warrants state and federal investigation. Those perverts should be executed. They are just as bad as Jerry Sandusky, Casey Anthony, Adam Lanza, Osama bin Laden, etc. :furious: :crazy:

:furious: I can't believe this! And I live in Ohio.

This may have already been posted, huffington post now has the story up:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...-rape-targeted-anonymous-video_n_2398479.html

I feel ill after watching that video. What is wrong with those kids? :banghead:

Someone commented on the HP article that there are too many similarities between this and the recent gang rape in India. I absolutely agree. Not only is it as horrible as the crime in India, but it also sounds like we've got some officials who are not competent enough to properly deal with this crime.:banghead:

I feel ill after watching that video. What is wrong with those kids? :banghead:

Someone commented on the HP article that there are too many similarities between this and the recent gang rape in India. I absolutely agree. Not only is it as horrible as the crime in India, but it also sounds like we've got some officials who are not competent enough to properly deal with this crime.:banghead:

Possibly because they are some how involved in the possible "cover-up".

It seems this type of behavior has been ongoing - probably not the first time this has happened.....

JMO

Possibly because they are some how involved in the possible "cover-up".

It seems this type of behavior has been ongoing - probably not the first time this has happened.....

JMO

I agree. I think that this community has probably been enabling this type of crime for decades.

The principal and superintendent need to step down. They failed to do their jobs. I work in education, and I can tell you wholeheartedly that when a felony occurs, you don't just turn your back and say, "The coach will handle it". At the end of the day, if you pass the buck, you are a failure and a disgrace. Their job is to act in the best interests of all their students, not just the football team.

And then there's the coach, who is just as disgusting as the players involved in this crime. He sounds like nothing more than a small-town and bully. He needs to go. He's a pathetic joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member