GUILTY OH - Summer Inman, 25, abducted & murdered, Logan, 22 March 2011

Personally... I think Summer could have joined a convent and these people would still want her dead. In my opinion it doesn't matter if she had a boyfriend or not to these people, she left them and they wanted her dead because of it.

I don't think any women can truly be safe from someone like this.

Ima

Personally... I think Summer could have joined a convent and these people would still want her dead. In my opinion it doesn't matter if she had a boyfriend or not to these people, she left them and they wanted her dead because of it.

I don't think any women can truly be safe from someone like this.

Ima
I think they wanted the children and Summer was in the way of that. They made her 'disappear' and didn't plan on her body being found. They would have got the children.

"They" were blatantly, ignorantly foolish and continually provoked 3 people with violent tempers, one of which said outright he was going to kill her - and sadly, it cost Summer her life."

It wasn't Summer's behaviour that cost her her life, it was the murderers and nobody else.

I don't think that can be said enough.

I think they wanted the children and Summer was in the way of that. They made her 'disappear' and didn't plan on her body being found. They would have got the children.

I agree that they wanted the children all along.

Oh, it was poor planning on their part indeed when they hatched their plan of Summer's disappearance.

They didn't plan on witnesses being at the scene of the crime when they abducted Summer.

They didn't plan on the fact that the FBI would quickly become involved investigating her disappearance if any kind of a felony is committed on a bank property.

They didn't plan on the fact that today's modern technology such as Cell Phones, GPS, and Security Cameras at businesses would be used against them.

They didn't plan that the mainstream news media would quickly cover her disappearance in the newspapers, radio, television, and internet.

They were so sure that once she disappeared, all their problems would be over. But they didn't plan on the fact that her disappearance and death would cause them even more problems than they ever imagined.

You know what....I must be a really lousy writer if I appear to be blaming the victim.

All I can say is I know the fanatics the Inmans were - and how and why Summer's actions were against their religion and their beliefs...how she was considered a sinner and adulteress in the "churches" and the "Inman's" eyes.

You can pretend that I am blaming the victim if you wish, but I assure you it isn't the case. I also think if this was your own daughter going through this same scenario, and having her life threatened - you would see and read things differently. If not....so be it.

After reading through many of your posts I think you mean well but from the perspective of being a survivor of domestic abuse myself I feel the need to make a few statements based on what you've written...

- You don't 'taunt' as a survivor. You attempt to pick up the pieces of your life. After years of being controlled, repressed, humiliated, embarrassed, being made to feel useless, total control, constant criticism, and crippling fear you TRY to pave a 'normal' life for yourself and your children.

For some survivors this includes a new relationship, a move, a job (or several) to support your children as your spouse uses money to control and refuses to give you any to benefit your children...

- Statistically the most dangerous time for abuse survivors is when their abuser feels a loss of control (usually when the survivor is attempting to leave). It has nothing to do with religion, fanaticism, or morality for abuse stems down to one very primal condition called CONTROL.

- Summer sadly did everything right. She wanted better for herself and her children. She sought to protect herself as best she could. She had immense strength and an unadulterated love for her children. Unfortunately she did not have precognition and could not foresee three people she trusted, she loved, betraying her and her children in the worst way imagineable.

- The true 'price' of entering into a marriage/relationship with an abuser is a piece of your soul. You do not think 'Gee here's a guy that will threaten to kill me in a year'. Abusers lure you in with making you feel there is nothing on this earth as lovely as you...and then they study you and twist all that they learn into ammunition. It is only later that you see all the warning signs since hindsight is 20/20. You spend the rest of your life paying for the abuser's mistakes. The damage done to your spirit - and that of your children - is unquantifiable.

- Your advice about DV shelters is good but even that is not infallible. Some states lack appropriate resources for dealing with DV. Sometimes survivors are still not believed...in my case I had a difficult time proving abuse to the court's satisfaction because I had hidden so much of it for so long due to sheer embarassment. Restraining orders are often useless because of the superiority many abusers feel they have and/or the unique psychology of hope survivors often experience.

- IMO, this is not a case of coulda, woulda, shoulda. We have a young woman who found the strength so many cannot...she left an abuser for the benefit of her children. She did everything she could to highlight her abuse for the criminal justice system. She attempted to stabilise her children's lives, provide for them, and three people who felt they were entitled to play God are at fault. Nothing more and nothing less.

What you are not seeing, is that under SOME circumstances, you need to be extremely careful....you protect yourself and your children first, take your time, step back, keep quiet, lay low and do what is necessary to STAY SAFE.

And what I am not certain you are seeing is the complexity of psychology in abuse. As a survivor it is no longer about the abuser but about yourself, and your children, instead. You do not spend every waking moment obsessing over what they may or may not do - you get on with life - because you have to. You do NOT assume you will be killed. You do NOT purposely provoke but rather attempt to rebuild.

You can pick apart her every action and state what her and her boyfriend should have done given the circumstances but ultimately it is the killer's actions that deserve that type of scrutiny.

Case in point...after a decade of my ex husband threatening to kill me and having guns pulled on me a handful of times I finally screamed at him to just do it already. I was so sick of having that fear held over my head. Did I handle it badly? You betcha! It was pure provocation due to my anger and in hindsight incredibly stupid. My ex is in prison for unrelated crimes...I am remarried and moved to a country 4000 miles away from him. My wedding pic is on my Myspace and Facebook...my husband and I even have family pics posted there too. We met before I was legally divorced (he was there for me during the cyberstalking, death threats, stalking, and my ex showing up uninvited). My ex can only communicate with our kids through letters - he is suspended from any visitation.

So...if my ex comes to follow through on his threat it's me at fault? Because in my quest to rebuild my life, or protect my children, and move on I might have upset him? :waitasec:

NO ONE deserves to be murdered for making a mistake and loving the wrong person.

I can't speak for Gummieshoe but I didn't take it that she was blaming Summer for what happened to her.

She has in fact said over and over it is not Summer's fault. Now if you all want to argue what she has posted that is fine. Do it in a respectful way.

Thanks

Ima

My interpretation of some of the recent posts regarding Summer and her supposedly misguided actions that ended in her own death, is not the same as the moderators or the posters interpretation of their own posts.

I respectfully disagree.

Rest in Peace Summer, you and your beautiful family did not deserve such atrocities.

I can't speak for Gummieshoe but I didn't take it that she was blaming Summer for what happened to her.

She has in fact said over and over it is not Summer's fault. Now if you all want to argue what she has posted that is fine. Do it in a respectful way.

Thanks

Ima

Accusing someone of blaming the victim is what I'm talking about here. Like I said you can argue about what she posted and disagree with it. No accusations.

Wondergirl please self edit the part that does that. Thanks.

Ima

I didn't see that gummie was blaming the victim.. I think she was just writing out what was in her head.. hypotheticals.. I do that here all the time.. The what if's, if you will......
We do it in an attempt to understand how these things happen.. how they got to the point of a person being murdered or a child being abused...
MOO :)

When someone flat out tells you they are going to kill you - you best believe them and err on the side of caution. Protect yourself and your children at all costs and lose the "I'll show you", "I'm moving on with my life" attitude. It isn't safe under those circumstances.

ETA - You do know Summer had a restraining order on him for threatening to kill her - right?

BBM: The 2 sentences from the quote above seem completely contradictory to me.

(Snipped) Last, you can't compare the "nice" Inmans who worked for people and paid them, or the Inmans that went to church services and social church functions....with the "Inmans" that were religiously fanatic, mind controlling and abusive to their wives in their home.

Gummie, when you first started posting, you said yourself that you cannot fathom the Inmans you know with the Inmans you are seeing now in court. Summer may not have actually fathomed that they would actually kill her.

I have followed your posts and find it interesting that your posts sound a bit familiar like the "Summer Inman The True Story" website. Someone on that site claims to have the inside scoop from day one. That site actually stuck up for the Inmans right until they found her body. They claimed that it couldn't be the Inmans, the police arrested the wrong people, and Summer was likely still alive. Once the body was found, this site still maligned Summer's character while stating how much they would miss her.

Interesting....

I will still say along with many others here that Summer did not have to go in to hiding. Many abused women once they leave the relationship are able to go on with their life. There are many, many women that have RO and do not go to a shelter. There are horrible stories out there abounding too. Unfortunately we see that too often around here.

(Snipped) They claimed that it couldn't be the Inmans, the police arrested the wrong people, and Summer was likely still alive. Once the body was found, this site still maligned Summer's character while stating how much they would miss her.

This site even had the audacity to claim that Summer may have staged her own kidnapping.

So here is the thing. I hope I don't come across rude. The following is all MOO, MHO, ya know, my thoughts....

I only know the Inman's as one thing: Pure evil and a bunch of other things I cannot state because I will get a TO.

I didn't "know" them before. I don't know the "nice" side. Frankly I don't care about their maybe previous "nice" side. (seriously I am not trying to be rude and others can freely express their opinions and what they know of the Inman's- I just simply don't care because I know what they did to Summer which to me, trumps anything else they have done in their lives).

What I care about is Summer. I care that she was brutally murdered and then dumped in a sewer drain. I care that she tried to get out of her horrid situation. I care that she is a mama and left behind 3 young children. I care that Summer left behind the love of her life and family that will never ever be the same. I care that justice will be served for Summer.

I am pretty sure everyone here can agree to the above paragraph. As a domestic abuse survivor, I could have been Summer. I was just lucky. Anyone that has survived a situation such as this are kind of like mama bears protecting their cubs. We know the fear.

Again, hope my post isn't taken wrong... Just another perspective.

Justice for Summer.

Wow, you are really close to blaming the victim here...rather than the freaks who apparently murdered her in cold blood. I don't think Summer was ever going to safe from these people; they may have had to try a different plan, but they were obviously determined to kill her.

Thats not true! I dont think anyone is blameing Summer but Summer knew she was in danger...

The writing was on the wall...

When women leave a spouse that really wont let her go and is controlling she is in danger and so are the children. We see it every dAY. We see it every day wives missing, wives dead, families dead,,, its very scarey!

Thats not true! I dont think anyone is blameing Summer but Summer knew she was in danger...

The writing was on the wall...

When women leave a spouse that really wont let her go and is controlling she is in danger and so are the children. We see it every dAY. We see it every day wives missing, wives dead, families dead,,, its very scarey!

Very sad. May God bless Summer and her children and family and sweetheart. Heartbreaking :(

I am not the owner of that site, nor do I know who is - I found that site only in the last week or so, and have posted on there 3, maybe 4 times.

I am not surprised that my posts might sound familiar to theirs, as most people that knew the Inman's could not believe the Inman's were capable of such a horrible crime. When my husband and I first heard about this, we too thought Summer was either in hiding, or being held a hostage while Will pleaded with her to come back - we were aware of the problems...but never dreamed they would murder her.

I don't think that site is necessarily maligning SI's character - but exposing a lot more of the story than what the press was telling - and there is far more to be told than what that site is saying.

While several of you don't think Summer needed to go to a DV shelter to protect herself and her children - well...you see how that decision worked out for her. Maybe when the trial comes up, and you hear the details, you will see things differently.... then again, maybe not.

Once again...no one deserves to lose their life like SI has, and I am heartsick for her, her children and loved ones. May she rest in peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back