OH OH - Taylor Robinson, 19, Akron, 3 May 2013

How disabled is the woman Taylor cares for? Is she able to tell LE what took place the day Taylor went missing?

I wonder who Taylor normally came into contact with while working.

If she stepped outside for a smoke, or to make or receive a call, or just to get a breath of fresh air, maybe she was lured away from the house under some pretense. That might explain why her shoes and jacket were left in the house.

So many variables and so little info.:banghead:

I'll pray for Taylor and her family.

The ex got a lawyer right away? I am sorry, but that is ridiculous, IMO, if innocent. It is not like they have a horrible crime scene and want to talk to you about it-just ask questions about someone you presumably loved, who has vanished. Not a good sign at all.

Only 123 "likes" on this page. :( (I think of the reaction to the Micky Shunick case or the Tim Bosma case and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why Taylor's situation isn't equally upsetting to the general public.) :banghead:

Hang in there Taylor! People are looking for you. We care.

Yes it is very surprising why this page is so neglected. Maybe her family members are not very active on fb and are not promoting the page much.

I just looked at the search page of another rmissing person, there were more than 2000 likes in just 4 days!

Taylor I love your smile and hope you are ok! :)

So if the cell phone is turned off they can't ping it right?

The ex got a lawyer right away? I am sorry, but that is ridiculous, IMO, if innocent. It is not like they have a horrible crime scene and want to talk to you about it-just ask questions about someone you presumably loved, who has vanished. Not a good sign at all.

Maybe he's on probation/parole and feels he needs an attorney as a result.

I'm always a little suspicious of people who hire an attorney when LE only wants to ask questions.

But who knows, maybe I'd do the same thing under similar circumstances - I hope I never have to find out!

In one of the news links above, not sure which one, it is mentioned that they found a call from the ex b/f on that night she disappeared. The call lasted 2 minutes. Now the b/f has obtained a lawyer. Something is fishy here. Could he have lured her outside somehow with that call, and then took her somewhere?
As for no shoes, I walked around in my yard twice yesterday with only socks on. Not uncommon for someone to walk outside without shoes. I have a very painful spot on one foot that hurts to wear a shoe, so I tend to go barefoot inside all the time, and sometimes just don't bother to put on shoes if I am going outside.
She is a very pretty young lady, but this case needs a lot more attention from the media. My prayers for her mom, and hope she will be found soon.

I cant believe there isn't more attention either, TB got hundreds of people on the thread pretty quickly but this just moves to page two

http://www.wunderground.com/history...eq_city=Akron&req_state=OH&req_statename=Ohio
May 3, 2013 Akron Ohio weather
mean temp 64 F
max temp 75 F
min temp 55 F

no precipitation. She was gone during the night so I presume the temperature was close to the minimum listed temperature. It's a little low for walking around outside without shoes, IMO. I don't recall if she was wearing socks or not? That may not be known.

Maybe he's on probation/parole and feels he needs an attorney as a result.

I'm always a little suspicious of people who hire an attorney when LE only wants to ask questions.

But who knows, maybe I'd do the same thing under similar circumstances - I hope I never have to find out!

bbm - well we have no info re what kind of questions were asked. If LE questioned me and it is clear they suspect me of involvement I would hire an attorney fast, even if innocent!

What is concerning though is that he was the last person who spoke to her apart from the client.

Re the shoes, whether she had a second pair (slippers for inside) with her and wore them, or went out barefoot or in socks, it doesn't really matter I think. What is important is that she left her street shoes in the house, this indicates that she either did not plan to go outside at all or only in the yard/to check the letter box, etc.

I wonder if it is a house or an apartment she went missing from. Is it large? Has it been searched properly (attick, crawl spaces, basement etc)?

I found a small discrepancy in reporting, probably not important though.

On the FBI page it says "When the client's mother returned the morning of May 4, Taylor was not at the residence and the client had been left alone."

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/taylor-d.-robinson

While in msm reports it was said that Taylor's mother was the one who came to the house the next morning and realized her daughter is not there.

"On May 3, Taylor was dropped off by her mother at an Akron home on Kipling Street, where Taylor worked as a home health aide.

The next day, Carmilla returned, but her daughter was nowhere to be found. Her coat and shoes were left behind."

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...sing-akron-teen-taylor-robinson#ixzz2WPqhdepS

It also says in this article that neither her cell nor her bank accounts had any activity since.

A few more details from this article:

http://www.ohio.com/news/local/mother-hoping-for-akron-miracle-1.395844

"Police say Taylor’s cellphone was shut down shortly after 7:30 a.m. Saturday A text was sent to a friend about 5 a.m., but the message, which contained a vague reference to seeking a favor from a friend, was not returned.

Taylor Robinson was dating a man who has cooperated with police investigators in their search, detectives say.

Investigators and family members also say Taylor has a former boyfriend, a man she had dated until recently. He called Taylor’s cellphone late Friday night. The call lasted two minutes."

snip

"Taylor Robinson has been described as an intelligent, driven woman who worked two jobs and attended classes at Kent State University’s Stark campus. She hopes to work in neonatal nursing.

She’s a shopper and a movie-lover and the proud owner of 6-month-old Ryder, a long-haired Chihuahua, named for its affinity to travel everywhere with Taylor. She’s an older sister to her 13-year-old brother, J."

So, late Friday evening the former bf called her. At 5am she texted a friend, and at 7:30 am the phone was shut off.

The former bf is described as "uncooperative" and lawyered up. The current bf is cooperative.

Btw, her middle initial is "D" in case someone wants to use that for more sleuthing. (It's in the FBI file linked above.)

This doesn't sound good. That text could have been a call for help but she wasn't able to be direct. I don't like the sound of the former bf but also wondering if there were any relatives of the client who she would have gone with trustingly.

I wish I knew how to upload a photo, but it looks to me like Kipling Street is only about 4 city blocks long with two blocks on either side of Interstate 77 (no exit at that street). Here is a link to the map (if that works) maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

I wish I knew how to upload a photo, but it looks to me like Kipling Street is only about 4 city blocks long with two blocks on either side of Interstate 77 (no exit at that street). Here is a link to the map (if that works) maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Thanks Bayou...you inspired me to do this

http://goo.gl/maps/ys3OR

Where is Taylor??

What a shame. She seems like a nice young lady who wanted to do something with her life. Sending up prayers for Taylor!

Only 123 "likes" on this page. :( (I think of the reaction to the Micky Shunick case or the Tim Bosma case and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why Taylor's situation isn't equally upsetting to the general public.) :banghead:

Hang in there Taylor! People are looking for you. We care.

there's a post on June 6 saying they've reached 40,000

there's a post on June 6 saying they've reached 40,000

No 40,000 is probably the reach (organic and viral) via sharing and commenting. The reach is always much higher than the likes on a page because you don't have to like the page to share, like or comment on a post. I have a page myself and as the page admin I can see the number of shares, comments etc, which make up the "reach".

I was hoping we'd know something by now. I pray that her family continues to remain strong and hopeful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back