Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: August 31, 1986
Location Last Seen: Middletown, Butler County, Ohio

Description:
  • Date of Birth: October 11, 1966
  • Race: White/Caucasian
  • Height: 6'0" (72 inches)
  • Weight: 140 lbs
  • Hair Color: Blonde/Hair is feathered longer in back.
  • Eye Color: Blue
  • Nickname/Alias: Ted, Teddy
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Mole by his eye. Tattoo of a heart on the web of his left hand between his thumb and first finger. Tattoo of a dot on right wrist.
  • Clothing & Personal Items: Jeans, shirt, & shoes.
  • Identifiers: DNA available
Circumstances of Disappearance:
Franks went missing Labor Day weekend on August 31, 1986. He had gotten into a fight with his then wife that day and was acting strangely. He showed up at his sister's apartment and asked for a ride to the gas station in the vicinity of Jackson and the the 3500 block of Roosevelt Boulevard so he could get some cigarettes. When they arrived at the gas station, his sister reported that Franks jumped out of the car before she could even put the car in park and ran off, which she thought was suspicious.

According to his family, Franks was last seen being chased down the road by two individuals. He left his wallet, vehicle, and all his personal belongings behind and has never been heard from again. His whereabouts remain unknown.

Investigators:
  • Middletown Police Department: (513) 425-7766
    Reference Case#: Not available
  • Butler County Sheriff's Office: (513) 785-1300
    Reference Case#: 2017-05-0608
  • Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation: (419) 551-2611
    Reference Case#: 2017-2779
NamUs Case Number: MP22477
NCIC Case Number: Not available

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
4790DMOH - Theodore Malcom Franks
Theodore Malcum Franks – The Charley Project

Last edited:
Mysterious photo sent to family of Middletown man missing for 35 years
Sep. 23, 2021 at 4:52 AM

“[In the photo] I see a person who is tied up... They’re laying face down in some water. I another man with his hands behind his back tied up, and his feet are tied, and it looks like he is screaming, and then there is a shadow of what I’m guessing is another man, and it looks like he is holding some kind of gun,”

Last edited:
Mysterious photo sent to family of Middletown man missing for 35 years
Sep. 23, 2021 at 4:52 AM

“[In the photo] I see a person who is tied up... They’re laying face down in some water. I another man with his hands behind his back tied up, and his feet are tied, and it looks like he is screaming, and then there is a shadow of what I’m guessing is another man, and it looks like he is holding some kind of gun,”
I have this picture if any of you would like to see it. If it is not my brother then it could help someone else in finding their missing loved one. It is quiet disturbing

I have this picture if any of you would like to see it. If it is not my brother then it could help someone else in finding their missing loved one. It is quiet disturbing
I’m am the one who received this picture. It was sent to me through Facebook messenger

@Pnutty68 welcome to Websleuths! I’m glad you’ve joined your brother’s thread here. Please consider becoming a Verified Insider on his case. It’s a confidential process, and would allow for you to discuss more on his thread without having to provide links to verify information you give.

Let me know if you have questions.

- Mad

@Pnutty68 welcome to Websleuths! I’m glad you’ve joined your brother’s thread here. Please consider becoming a Verified Insider on his case. It’s a confidential process, and would allow for you to discuss more on his thread without having to provide links to verify information you give.

Let me know if you have questions.

- Mad
Thank you. I will do that

Theodore Malcolm Franks

View attachment 372673View attachment 372674

Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: August 31, 1986
Location Last Seen: Middletown, Butler County, Ohio

Description:
  • Date of Birth: October 11, 1966
  • Race: White/Caucasian
  • Height: 6'0" (72 inches)
  • Weight: 140 lbs
  • Hair Color: Blonde/Hair is feathered longer in back.
  • Eye Color: Blue
  • Nickname/Alias: Ted, Teddy
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Mole by his eye. Tattoo of a heart on the web of his left hand between his thumb and first finger. Tattoo of a dot on right wrist.
  • Clothing & Personal Items: Jeans, shirt, & shoes.
  • Identifiers: DNA available
Circumstances of Disappearance:
Franks went missing Labor Day weekend on August 31, 1986. He had gotten into a fight with his then wife that day and was acting strangely. He showed up at his sister's apartment and asked for a ride to the gas station in the vicinity of Jackson and the the 3500 block of Roosevelt Boulevard so he could get some cigarettes. When they arrived at the gas station, his sister reported that Franks jumped out of the car before she could even put the car in park and ran off, which she thought was suspicious.

According to his family, Franks was last seen being chased down the road by two individuals. He left his wallet, vehicle, and all his personal belongings behind and has never been heard from again. His whereabouts remain unknown.

Investigators:
  • Middletown Police Department: (513) 425-7766
    Reference Case#: Not available
  • Butler County Sheriff's Office: (513) 785-1300
    Reference Case#: 2017-05-0608
  • Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation: (419) 551-2611
    Reference Case#: 2017-2779
NamUs Case Number: MP22477
NCIC Case Number: Not available

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
4790DMOH - Theodore Malcom Franks
Theodore Malcum Franks – The Charley Project
He left behind 1 young daughter and 1 that was not born yet that we don’t even know for sure if she is his. Penny was after all having an affair with Teds best friend at the time named Doug, so Dough very well could be the father to the baby penny was pregnant with when Ted disappeared.

I don’t know if this worked but if it did this is a picture of Teddy graduating in 1986 a couple months before he went missing

I think he knew and he was going to meet those guys at the gas station. He tried to escape from them, maybe quickly so they wouldn't hurt his sister... maybe there was something with drugs or sentimental problems... It strikes me that being 19 she had 2 children she was very precocious for her age apparently...
rest in peace

• theodore_malcum_franks_1.jpg
  • theodore_malcum_franks_2.jpg
  • franks_theodore3.jpg
Franks, circa 1986

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads