Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King #2

Rest in eternal peace, Marcia. She was so beautiful, and very distinctive with her bright red hair. Someone out there knows what happened to her and God willing, will get what's coming to him, if he's still alive.

I always like looking at success stories in identification. Rest in peace Marcia, I hope we can solve your murder soon as well.
When researching this case a bit I noticed that her post mortem photos are still floating around. Is anyone making an effort to get those taken down? They were absolutely necessary for identification, but now that she's identified I find it a bit rude that they come up when you search her name. We should be sharing the photos of her life not of her death now. She was clearly a beautiful girl. Rest easy

And, one shouldnt forget, they are still part of her story. Personally I would also have them removed out of piety and dignity for the deceased, but yes, they are part of her. Death is not pretty and she had to die prematurely at the hands of a killer, but it is still her.

Marcia was found 40 years ago, on April 1981, here is a retouched version of her photograph.

Hopefully her killer is identified and brought to justice, so her family can have closure on her case.

I have followed this for so long, I also hope for a resolution and solving who is responsible for her death. I'm from the area so have known about it since she was found. It was so brutal. If the person responsible was an acquaintance close in age, they very likely could still be alive somewhere between age 60 to 70. Marcia would be 62 in a few weeks.

I have followed this for so long, I also hope for a resolution and solving who is responsible for her death. I'm from the area so have known about it since she was found. It was so brutal. If the person responsible was an acquaintance close in age, they very likely could still be alive somewhere between age 60 to 70. Marcia would be 62 in a few weeks.
Hopefully the person responsible is eventually identified, and if possible, held accountable for their actions.

I wonder if LE has tried using this device (I don’t remember it’s name but it was like a vacuum) to extract possible DNA from Marcia’s clothing.

A John Doe from 1961 was recently identified. If a Doe from 60 years ago can be identified, hopefully a killer from 40 years ago can also be identified. Marcia still needs her justice.

I was searching on line to see if any updates have appeared anywhere else. Ran across this video from June 2021 with Miami County Detective and 2 others discussing Marcia's case. Nothing much new but they received a ton of tips since identifying her and the publicity her case got. It's nice to actually see the detective investigating her murder actually speaking at length about it. I did not know this was out there and was happy to see it.

The video I posted above is from a Little Rock TV station. Hopefully some locals see it that may have known her or seen her the last time she was home just before her murder. I think I will send it to our local news to see if they can find out anything else from Miami County since this video aired. I'm just down I 75 south from Troy OH, outside of Dayton. We have a local news reporter on WHIO ch7 who does a segment a couple times a year on Miami Valley Murder Mysteries. Maybe she will dig into it again with detectives. She just did one on a woman, Brenda Gaddis, found dead just outside Dayton short time after Thanksgiving 1980 where a new tip had just came in on Brenda's case. Odd she was beaten and strangled also. Dayton retired detective Doyle Burke said there was a string of very similar unsolved murders in Dayton around that time. I'm now wondering if there is any possible connection. But Brenda was considered living high risk lifestyle involved in drugs and prostitution after some unfortunate life changing events in her world. Doyle Burke hasalso written a book on cases he's worked on as a Dayton Police detective called Death as a Living.
I so hope this is solved. I can't think of a case I want more to be resolved. It struck me hard from the day it was first reported locally.

Last edited:
Brenda Black was actually submitted by her brother in 2015 as a candidate for Buckskin Girl (before she was identified as Marcia).

Yes, I was going to say I remember her being suggested years back for BG. There was some resemblance IMO although as we know, BG turned out to be Marcia. I'm glad she went home too.

Where did the "King" part of her name come from? Anyone know? Stepdad or something?

I just got curious; couldn't find anything on it. It's not her Dad's or Mom's last name.

Hey everyone, I came across this thread today whilst doing some digging into Marcia's case. I note a few previous posters state that they belive this is almost certainly a case of domestic violence, and I'm just wondering why?

My understanding is that she suffered blunt force trauma to the head and neck area, before being strangled (further evidenced by the presence of petechial haemorraging), and she also had a lacerated liver. She was then placed on her right hand side in a foetal position but with her head facing into the ground. The reason I say 'placed' is that I don't think one would just happen to end up in a foetal position if they were thrown from a vehicle, for example. She was discovered fully clothed, minus shoes and socks.

From reading the reports, I tend to err towards a stranger murder. Yes, blunt force trauma and strangulation can be signs of an up close and personal crime, but we know that some serial killers use that method also. The lack of a sexual assault doesn't necessarily mean the murder wasn't sexually motivated - some killers get their sexual kicks out of strangulation, for example. The missing shoes and socks? Maybe they were a trophy, a killers hallmark, or maybe the killer had a fetish for feet.

There are so many unknowns in this case and I'm not trying to debunk anybody's theory, I'm just genuinely curious why there seems to be a feeling that this was domestic related?

Hey everyone, I came across this thread today whilst doing some digging into Marcia's case. I note a few previous posters state that they belive this is almost certainly a case of domestic violence, and I'm just wondering why?

My understanding is that she suffered blunt force trauma to the head and neck area, before being strangled (further evidenced by the presence of petechial haemorraging), and she also had a lacerated liver. She was then placed on her right hand side in a foetal position but with her head facing into the ground. The reason I say 'placed' is that I don't think one would just happen to end up in a foetal position if they were thrown from a vehicle, for example. She was discovered fully clothed, minus shoes and socks.

From reading the reports, I tend to err towards a stranger murder. Yes, blunt force trauma and strangulation can be signs of an up close and personal crime, but we know that some serial killers use that method also. The lack of a sexual assault doesn't necessarily mean the murder wasn't sexually motivated - some killers get their sexual kicks out of strangulation, for example. The missing shoes and socks? Maybe they were a trophy, a killers hallmark, or maybe the killer had a fetish for feet.

There are so many unknowns in this case and I'm not trying to debunk anybody's theory, I'm just genuinely curious why there seems to be a feeling that this was domestic related?

I'm local, 20 miles or so south of Troy, and would sure like to hear something on the investigation. I tend to think someone she had only recently met or was in the wrong place at wrong time. Like accepting a ride from the wrong guy. Others that are local think someone who knew the area because of where she was found. She was pretty badly beaten up and shoved around it sounds like. Hearing she was curled up on her side in fetal position, I thought maybe she wasn't dead when dumped along the roadside. But fatally injured. I also thought maybe retribution, from the cult she was in, for some reason or another. I can't imagine her family's feelings of loss as this is heavy on the mind of many of us that are local and have followed since she was found.

I'm local, 20 miles or so south of Troy, and would sure like to hear something on the investigation. I tend to think someone she had only recently met or was in the wrong place at wrong time. Like accepting a ride from the wrong guy. Others that are local think someone who knew the area because of where she was found. She was pretty badly beaten up and shoved around it sounds like. Hearing she was curled up on her side in fetal position, I thought maybe she wasn't dead when dumped along the roadside. But fatally injured. I also thought maybe retribution, from the cult she was in, for some reason or another. I can't imagine her family's feelings of loss as this is heavy on the mind of many of us that are local and have followed since she was found.
Yeah, based on what I know I tend to go more towards it being someone she got a ride from or who she'd recently met. It's certainly a sad case and one day I hope LE manage to identify a suspect.

Seeing as you're from the area, just a couple of questions if you don't mind?

1. She was found not far from two highways (75 and 70 - highway 75 would make sense if she was getting a ride from New Knoxville where The Way were based). Back in 1981, how busy would those highways have been?

2. You said that other locals think it must be someone from the area because of where she was found - what makes them think this?

Thank you :)

Yeah, based on what I know I tend to go more towards it being someone she got a ride from or who she'd recently met. It's certainly a sad case and one day I hope LE manage to identify a suspect.

Seeing as you're from the area, just a couple of questions if you don't mind?

1. She was found not far from two highways (75 and 70 - highway 75 would make sense if she was getting a ride from New Knoxville where The Way were based). Back in 1981, how busy would those highways have been?

2. You said that other locals think it must be someone from the area because of where she was found - what makes them think this?

Thank you :)
I70 and I75 has always been a major crossroads. It is within about 500 miles of half or more of the US population. Of course not quite like today with all the distribution centers in the area and population increase.
I have never been to the location where she was found but there has been discussion on here about it not being easy access from freeways. And the spot where she was is not easily navigated, especially a semi.
She was found on Greenlee Rd. near Horseshoe Bend I think, if you want to search the thread or maybe look at Google Earth or Google maps. Here's an old post describing the location.

Post in thread 'OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King' Identified! - OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

You will need to scroll down a few posts at the above link to read the post with description of the area

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back