Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the process of typing up an email asking multiple newspaper publications and news stations in and around Troy, OH to feature a story about Buckskin Girl for the 35th anniversary. Her case hits me very hard and even if these stories don't give her a name back (which, of course, hopefully they do!) at the very least her memory will be kept alive.

I am disappointed at the lack of media attention on her, but of course, I imagine a case this old might not be a popular topic with most people. But I want to bring it to their attention. Buckskin Girl needs justice. :rose:

If I had to make a guess, I would say this woman came from the western states, by the way she was dressed. I would be surprised if she was from Ohio, because people in the midwest typically don't dress like that; also, if she was far away from home, that could explained why no one claimed her at the time. I do wonder why she was never ID'd, considering the face and body looked the same as she did in life, unlike some JDs. I hope someday there is an answer to this case.

No replies yet--only 3 automated responses.

If I had to make a guess, I would say this woman came from the western states, by the way she was dressed. I would be surprised if she was from Ohio, because people in the midwest typically don't dress like that; also, if she was far away from home, that could explained why no one claimed her at the time. I do wonder why she was never ID'd, considering the face and body looked the same as she did in life, unlike some JDs. I hope someday there is an answer to this case.

She may be from the West but a lot of young people dressed the same way around here at the time. My hubby and I still have our knee high moccasins ;)

Big edit- wiped most of the post, so Ill just say...
Maybe a clue regarding this case is to also look for a man (slight build) who owned or wore a shirt like the one BSG was found in.

I am in the process of typing up an email asking multiple newspaper publications and news stations in and around Troy, OH to feature a story about Buckskin Girl for the 35th anniversary. Her case hits me very hard and even if these stories don't give her a name back (which, of course, hopefully they do!) at the very least her memory will be kept alive.

I am disappointed at the lack of media attention on her, but of course, I imagine a case this old might not be a popular topic with most people. But I want to bring it to their attention. Buckskin Girl needs justice. :rose:

35 years :notgood: so sad.

The right person hasn't seen her, think about Grateful Dead Fan

Exactly!
By chip, chipping away with posts, somebody, somewhere - might notice and make an important connection, if not today or tomorrow, but perhaps many years down the line.
Not unlike carving a path in a forest. imo.

And Tammy Alexander, and so many others.

We've seen cases where the missing person was from the next county but never checked due to jurisdictional blindness, or mistakenly ruled out due to small mistakes or inconsistency, or where missing persons reports were purged, or never taken. Hundreds of siblings, children, aunts and uncles, nieces and nephews, old friends are looking everywhere for their missing people. Anything we can do to bring attention to each unidentified person makes it more likely that the people who care will find them.

View attachment 88973View attachment 88974

They also stated she had a crown on one of her teeth, contrary to what other sources say.

The crown on her #8 tooth (i.e., Upper Right Central Incisor) is not new information. That had been disclosed before NamUs stopped showing dental charts. In addition to a crown, the #8 tooth has a root canal. She had no other dental work other than that.

I shared those new NCMEC recons on the Facebook page. If you haven't already, I would appreciate it if you would like the page and share its posts. Here's the link to the page:

https://www.facebook.com/WhoWasBuckskinGirl/?ref=hl

I am hopeful that news stations will be more eager to pick up the story of Buckskin Girl since now a national center has distributed recons.

Also agree she looks too young, and for some reason to me personally her chin and eyes look wrong (not an expert, just MOO). I am just happy that more attention is being placed on her, so she can hopefully go home.

The turtleneck sweater may have been purchased in Dayton, OH, according to a woman who commented on Facebook recalling a similar sweater.

She got it as a gift and said it had no tags, that it wasn't very expensive nor very cheap.

She looks so familiar in those reconstructions. I could swear I have seen a missing person who is the absolute spit of her. Typically, I can't remember the name!

Will do a bit of rooting around and see if I can find her again.

There used to be a lot of concerts at the amphitheatre there but at that time of year I don't know if there would be any. People from near and far attended them.

There used to be a lot of concerts at the amphitheatre there but at that time of year I don't know if there would be any. People from near and far attended them.

I had a thought about that too; could be a folk band that lots of people wore buckskin to see.

I checked Willie Nelson's tour for 1981, seeing as he released Over The Rainbow with buckskin and braids in 1981. The only shows even relatively close to Ohio were in the latter half of 1981. But that absolutely does not mean she wasn't seeing another folk band.

Perhaps she went to see the show against the wishes of her abusive partner and was killed after a fight. I could also imagine her threatening to tell someone of the abuse, him killing her and claiming she ran off. So many possible scenarios.

I really wonder if she had markings indicating a wedding ring, possibly removed by her killer.

There is an air force base in Dayton, which is only like half an hour away from Troy. I wonder if she could have been visiting someone on base.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members