Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't! Though I should pick it up. WWI and the Russian Revolution have been a topic of interest recently, so thank you for the recommendation! :)

Maybe! They were found about a year apart, if I'm not mistaken. There's probably a bit of a push to have both for unidentified persons, as it's had a lot of accomplishments in recent years. Maybe I've just been reading up on the ones that have, but it seems to me there's been quite a few people who've gotten their names back from 2013 up until this year!

It is very beautifully written so far (I'm 100 something pages in, a description of Anna Anderson's early life as an impostor Anastasia Romanov). It has plenty of descriptions of the setting of the Romanovs and their daily life, a glimpse into the world.

I would think that UIDs would be more likely to have both mtDNA and nucDNA than missing people but I have no idea, just seems like less trouble to get one sample then both.

Definitely a lot of former UIDS got their names back recently...Michelle Garvey, Brenda Gerow, Tammy Jo Alexander, Barbara Precht, to name a few. I'm sure, at times, a lot of those cases seemed hopeless--WS members tried for a decade to identify Tammy Jo using NamUs and Charley Project--but they can always be solved if people work together! Sounds cheesy but it's true.

Today I learned how to do side by side pictures and I'm going on a bit of a "spree". Here's Vonnie and BG. (I used Carl's recon with the unbraided hair to frame her face like in Vonnie's picture).

I am no expert but I think they look alike, especially the freckled skin and nose. What really grabs at me is that they have the same doe eyes, big and brown. Their lips look similar, and, though this may be wishful thinking, I swear I can see the same scar under the lip, though that may be just the photograph quality.

picisto-20151103202942-460119.jpg

Also, this could be a stretch, but was DNA collected from her ponytail holders, perhaps her killer dragged her by her braids?

It really does look like Vonnie has a faint, white scar under her lip! The picture quality is very poor, so I imagine it could be a crease. I wish that there was another photo that we could compare.

The UID's hair looks a lot darker than Vonnie's in the PM pictures though.

It is very beautifully written so far (I'm 100 something pages in, a description of Anna Anderson's early life as an impostor Anastasia Romanov). It has plenty of descriptions of the setting of the Romanovs and their daily life, a glimpse into the world.

I would think that UIDs would be more likely to have both mtDNA and nucDNA than missing people but I have no idea, just seems like less trouble to get one sample then both.

Definitely a lot of former UIDS got their names back recently...Michelle Garvey, Brenda Gerow, Tammy Jo Alexander, Barbara Precht, to name a few. I'm sure, at times, a lot of those cases seemed hopeless--WS members tried for a decade to identify Tammy Jo using NamUs and Charley Project--but they can always be solved if people work together! Sounds cheesy but it's true.

Absolutely true! And despite all its shortcomings, social media I believe has definitely made a world of difference! We can get faces and names out there so much easier and to a much wider audience then we could even a decade ago! That gives me a lot of hope in regards to BG, Walker County Jane Doe, Princess Doe, and Eklutna Annie especially.

Vonnie Bales...looking at them side by side, there is a real resemblance! For a moment I thought she was a little too young until I looked at her NAMUS. Is that an older picture of her I wonder? Anyway, I think there's a possibility there!

It really does look like Vonnie has a faint, white scar under her lip! The picture quality is very poor, so I imagine it could be a crease. I wish that there was another photo that we could compare.

The UID's hair looks a lot darker than Vonnie's in the PM pictures though.

That's the main issue. I wonder if it was bleached in that picture, and she had since stopped dyeing it. I think I can see a dark patch at the top of her head.

That's the main issue. I wonder if it was bleached in that picture, and she had since stopped dyeing it. I think I can see a dark patch at the top of her head.
Stupid question: Would they have washed her hair for the photos to get blood or debris out? I know that they fixed her braids. I have a reddish hue to my hair and when its damp it almost dark brown.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Stupid question: Would they have washed her hair for the photos to get blood or debris out? I know that they fixed her braids. I have a reddish hue to my hair and when its damp it almost dark brown.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

That's a really good thought! Unfortunately I do not have the answer.

I think they generally do wash out the hair. There was a discussion in the Mount Vernon Jane Doe's thread where it was said that her morgue photo made her hair look a lot darker (after her hair was washed) than what was shown in her crime scene photos.

I think they generally do wash out the hair. There was a discussion in the Mount Vernon Jane Doe's thread where it was said that her morgue photo made her hair look a lot darker (after her hair was washed) than what was shown in her crime scene photos.

Oh yes, I remember that...Carl's newest recon has much lighter hair then his original one. I suppose BG's hair maybe have been washed too! Now to find out if Vonnie's hair was in fact dyed.

I remember reading earlier in the thread that her hair was unbraided, washed and re-braided for the photo, so her pigtails might not have been that tight when she was alive.

I remember reading earlier in the thread that her hair was unbraided, washed and re-braided for the photo, so her pigtails might not have been that tight when she was alive.

Thanks for the info, I did know about her hair being rebraided but not washed. I wish they didn't--there may have been killer's DNA evidence--but they did not know then.

I keep having dreams about Buckskin Girl. They are always terribly graphic, because they are always her being beaten to death. I've had 3 this past week. I don't spend much time on BG's case but I think I should.

I am incredibly overjoyed about how much attention 1980 Walker County Jane Doe (my #1 pet case) is getting. Even 11/12 days after the 35th anniversary of her death, tips and still flowing in, and her story is being shared. I hope BG gets similar attention for the upcoming 35th anniversary, because I sure couldn't find much current news about her at all via Google.

I've had dreams about her a time or two as well, very graphic dreams. In one she told me her name (only it's somebody who's already been ruled out). Very odd; I don't usually dream about the cases in here.

I've had dreams about her a time or two as well, very graphic dreams. In one she told me her name (only it's somebody who's already been ruled out). Very odd; I don't usually dream about the cases in here.

Me neither! It's quite frightening, isn't it?

Yeah, very scary. She seems so *insistent*.

Which ruled-out girl does she say she is in your dream? How bizarre! In my dreams, she is usually being beaten to death with an object, lying on a wood floor, and she is screaming so horribly. She's never told me her name, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.