Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how LE determined that the Wranglers she was wearing were 30L? Was it by measurement or tag? 30L is the type of sizing I'd usually associate with men's clothing. Women's pant sizes are usually 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, etc... Is it possible she was wearing men's pants? I found an image of the tag on a pair of old women's Wranglers and they, at least at one point, used traditional female sizing.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 323
Regarding her missing shoes: I've always felt like she took them off in the car/truck she was traveling in to get comfortable. I tend to do that on long trips. I've also thought, if this was a domestic situation, that she came home, kicked her shoes and socks off and then an argument ensued.

The absence of underwear is puzzling to me too. Did she get dressed in a hurry? Ran out of clean ones on the road? Some people just don't like wearing them (I'm not one!) so I guess too much analyzing isn't really needed.

I too have wondered about the absence of underwear.
That's why I'm not entirely convinced that she dressed herself.
They may have just failed to mention it though.

Sounds like European sizing to me...a European size 30 is a size 10 American, which sounds plausible with her weight/height.

ETA I weight on the Wrangler Europe website and they sell sizes up to 33.

Cannot recall anything about Buckskin missing her undergarments, thought she was just missing her shoes. imo

In the late seventies and early eighties, many women wore men's jeans. Many of us felt we could get a better fit that way.

Does anyone know how LE determined that the Wranglers she was wearing were 30L? Was it by measurement or tag? 30L is the type of sizing I'd usually associate with men's clothing. Women's pant sizes are usually 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, etc... Is it possible she was wearing men's pants? I found an image of the tag on a pair of old women's Wranglers and they, at least at one point, used traditional female sizing.
attachment.php

Possible they were mens Wrangler jeans, or they measured the waist. A lot of people wore mens jeans. I used to wear Lee

Regarding her missing shoes: I've always felt like she took them off in the car/truck she was traveling in to get comfortable. I tend to do that on long trips. I've also thought, if this was a domestic situation, that she came home, kicked her shoes and socks off and then an argument ensued.

The absence of underwear is puzzling to me too. Did she get dressed in a hurry? Ran out of clean ones on the road? Some people just don't like wearing them (I'm not one!) so I guess too much analyzing isn't really needed.

She was wearing a bra. Some people do not like wearing underwear. She could have been one of them.

A 30 is not really a size 10...A 30 is a really small size- small waist at least that is what is like over here in Norway..I always thought she was stockier, 'well nourished'. From the pictures I've seen there would be no way she would fit in size 30. A 40 is closer to a true 10.

I stumbled across a really old thread from another site that I think has a picture of the back of the buckskin jacket... The fringe is splayed differently than the only picture I've seen of the jacket, I think there are blood stains, and the lining can be seen exposed along the side splits. Unfortunately the image is really small and blurry. Does anyone know where we might find a high-res copy of this photo?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 133UFOHJacket.jpg
    133UFOHJacket.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 401
I stumbled across a really old thread from another site that I think has a picture of the back of the buckskin jacket... The fringe is splayed differently than the only picture I've seen of the jacket, I think there are blood stains, and the lining can be seen exposed along the side splits. Unfortunately the image is really small and blurry. Does anyone know where we might find a high-res copy of this photo?

attachment.php

That's interesting!
I've never seen that particular photo of the jacket.
I did notice something on the backside but it's hard to make out if it's blood stains or maybe just some wear and tear.

I have some questions. I don't think anyone here will be able to answer them, but I'll just leave them here in case somebody knows the answers. I also think that if the answers to some of these are known, they may not be released to the public. It's just a list of questions in my head.

1. Was a toxicology report ever completed? If so, were the results made public, and what were they?
2. Was it determined if she had been a smoker?
3. Were there any markings on her finger to indicate the presence of a wedding and/or engagement ring?
4. Will isotope analysis be completed?
5. What condition were her feet in (i.e. calloused and dirty, smooth, etc.)?
6. Were her legs and underarms shaven?
7. Had she ever carried a child?
8. Had she ever given birth?
9. Was her blood type determined?
10. Were traces of animal and/or human hair found on her clothing?
11. Was DNA, possibly of the perpetrator, found on her remains or her clothing?
12. Were her hands calloused or smooth?
13. What were her stomach contents?
14. Had she been beaten with an object? If so, was the shape of the object determined?
15. Was she manually strangled, or strangled with an object?
16. What was the condition of her fingernails? Were they manicured, unpolished, dirty?

I remember with Tammy Jo Alexander, they did testing to determine that she had a lot of corn in her diet. What is that testing called? That would be #17, to ask if they did that.

I'm interested in knowing this as well.
I hope you get some answers!

I know that back in the thread there was a jacket which looked very similar to Buckskin girls jacket - but the fringing was cut a little thicker, but...
There is a jacket on Etsy which is identical (to me anyway) -
Looking at the bottom of the jacket I think I can also see a small piece of dark blue - which would/could be the lining.
The jacket is a vintage 1960's jacket - so it fits the time frame - there is more information about the jacket at the weblink such as size and description.

I have messaged the seller to see if they would kindly look to see if there are any tags or markings inside the shirt at all.
I am waiting for a reply.

Link - Fringe Jacket

attachment.php

Pic of the jacket on Etsy in comparison the Buckskin Girls Jacket.

This jacket is also a Mens jacket.
There is no brand or label on the inside of the collar on the back of the shirt.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Buckskin Jacket comparison.jpg
    Buckskin Jacket comparison.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 267
  • Etsy jacket Capture.jpg
    Etsy jacket Capture.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 263
I know that back in the thread there was a jacket which looked very similar to Buckskin girls jacket - but the fringing was cut a little thicker, but...
There is a jacket on Etsy which is identical (to me anyway) -
Looking at the bottom of the jacket I think I can also see a small piece of dark blue - which would/could be the lining.
The jacket is a vintage 1960's jacket - so it fits the time frame - there is more information about the jacket at the weblink such as size and description.

I have messaged the seller to see if they would kindly look to see if there are any tags or markings inside the shirt at all.
I am waiting for a reply.

Link - Fringe Jacket

attachment.php

Pic of the jacket on Etsy in comparison the Buckskin Girls Jacket.

This jacket is also a Mens jacket.
There is no brand or label on the inside of the collar on the back of the shirt.

attachment.php

Wow! This looks identical to me as well. Hopefully the seller can provide some information about the item. Great find, FigTree.

No word yet - I keep checking back in - its only been hours though.
Hoping they reply, I let the person know why I wanted the information.

Wow! This looks identical to me as well. Hopefully the seller can provide some information about the item. Great find, FigTree.

I already had posted that one earlier but good sleuthing anyway. It's good to know others are out here working on it too.

I already had posted that one earlier but good sleuthing anyway. It's good to know others are out here working on it too.
Oops sorry about that - that's what happens when I stay away too long.
Did the seller get back to you?
I will scroll back through the posts later tonight I'm on my silly phone.
Cheers

Oops sorry about that - that's what happens when I stay away too long.
Did the seller get back to you?
I will scroll back through the posts later tonight I'm on my silly phone.
Cheers

Yes, if I recall, the only info I got from her was that the jacket was bout by a realtive while on a trip to the SouthWest. Arizon/ New Mexico area, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni