GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the topic posts from this guy also. I won't quote what he said, but this is basically it. The poster said that if the perp was smart he would have climbed to the top of a tree and hollowed out the top. Then to use a pulley system to hoist the bodies up and drop them into the tree so nobody would find them. That is possibly the most demented thing I have ever heard. Who sits around and thinks of something like this. :crazy:

If you watch the video on the ONNTV.com news website with the title "bodies found", they explicity state in the report that investigators think (or know, I can't remember) that pulleys were in fact used by the perp. Knowing that fact, it is incredibly disturbing to me to hear that someone somewhere was posting that very same thing in public forum. I don't know how someone would have been able to say that much without somehow knowing, and I hope that someone who saved the posts would help the investigation by putting them together cohesively and submitting to the Sheriff's office. They may wish to review the IP addresses to see what exactly such a poster really knew.

So chilling...I hope and pray that every question will be answered.

From the video here:

-You will see the reporter go down the path, from the road, where he says that MH drove in to the general location of the tree.

-You will see the reporter go through the woods, on another path, to the extremely tall tree, that is non-descript, and would not get your attention.

-You will see that from at least one angle, you can't even notice that the tree is hollowed out at all.

-You will see that investigators cut a square piece out of the tree, to respectfully remove the deceased.

-They indicate that MH will be in court on Tuesday

-More charges in 4-6 weeks

A must watch video. :(

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...n-knox-county-missing-found-tree.html?sid=102

I had read on topix that Sara heard the tub running and a saw.There also was a poster who said to look in trees, that he hiked up a tree and put the bodies there.This was all before they were found.

Yep I saw that the night before they were found. I'm now wondering if was in fact someone close to the defense attorney on the case. It was the next day that they were tipped off to the location. If it is true that the bathroom rumor is also true, this person was very close to the case that posted that info.

I screen capped the tree (top) and "looking up" at the height of the tree - but now I don't know how to put it on here without blowing margins!

Sorry to quote my own post, but just wanted to add that I saw this discussed on the FB discussions page and it was not Catfish Billy who said it--at least that wasn't his log in name on that page. But I can't remember what it was (something ordinary, I think). I do think that someone who knows the woods, etc. could come up with this idea if they were just brainstorming about how to hide a body (especially if the perp had tree-climbing equipment).

I remember that post, too.

The tree. :(

image_tree280.jpg

The bodies of Tina Herrmann, 32; her son, Kody Maynard, 11; and family friend Stephanie Sprang, 41, were found Thursday afternoon in a wooded area of the Kokosing Wildlife Preserve

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...n-knox-county-missing-found-tree.html?sid=102

copying Wondergirl's pic of the tree.

I do tend to agree, however strange and bizarre it sounds, with what someone had posted either here or FB as to the reasoning behind the bags of leaves, the hollow tree, etc. I think he kept having the power cut off because he couldn't pay the bills and being very knowledgable in nature & squirrels, etc, he thought the bags of leaves would make good insulation, much as squirrels and other wildlife do. After he killed Tina, Kody & Stephanie, he chose to hid their bodies in a hollowed out tree that he previously had discovered, while camping in the woods, just as squirrels hide their nuts for the winter, because he thought that they would likely never be discovered and he had developed somewhat of a "think like a squirrel" mentality and where do squirrels hide things? In trees.

I would not be surprised to hear that these are not his first victims nor would I be surprised to hear that he has some mental health issues.

All of this is MOO.

(RSBM)

Actually, squirrels live in trees, but they don't hide their food there. They bury the nuts and seeds they find in the ground, under logs, and under leaves and then try to find them when they're hungry. Scattering them in different places prevents a whole supply from accidentally getting destroyed. Seeds and nuts that they don't find eventually grow into more trees. It's nature's way.

http://www.backyardnature.com/cgi-bin/gt/tpl.h,content=501

I think MH just wanted to find a better hiding place than leaving the remains out in the open. Or it could have been related to his short-lived job as a tree cutter. Even in the short time he worked at that trade, he must have seen quite a few hollowed out trees.

I wonder if we'll ever see a picture of the tree that held those poor people. Probably too morbid for MSM. I don't believe that he had to climb up to find the hole, but that it was probably at a lower level than his own height. (I think Sheriff Barber may have said this at the presser yesterday.) Strangely, in the aerial footage of the recovery, none of the trees in the area appeared to have a wide enough circumference to hold three bodies. But maybe that was an illusion.

JMO

R.I.P
Kody, Tina & Stephanie

I'm still confused about why ex-bf Borders was not jumping off the walls when he returned to find blood splattered all over the house.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...imeline-missing19-art-gqfaklru-1.html?sid=101

Borders didn't go home after work on Wed - he spent the nite elsewhere (w/ a friend is what I heard him say in a news video)...he was playing golf Thurs. afternoon when his mom called him re: Tina's missing.

He went back to the house, met w/ LE & LE went into the house, & then came right back outside & said they needed to get a search warrant.

From reports, it sounds as tho he didn't go in the house to see the blood.

In this video the reporter stands in front of the tree and points up, looks to be 15-20 feet to the top/hollowed out part to me

Also, in this video he says the dog was found in the tree

Thanks for the video as I was wondering how big this tree was to fit 3 bodies inside. That is a large tree and the hollow part is much higher than I thought. That is just insane how somebody could get three bodies that high. They cut a hole in the bottom and took the bodies out. You can see the place they cut in the video and patched it back up. It was a large tree if they could cut the base and take bodies out and still have the tree standing.

Since he liked fires, is it possible he drilled into the tree and used something to burn out the inside?

Yes!
I remember watching an interview with Jeffery Dahmer. I really felt, with just the few minutes I watched that he was being as honest as he knew how to be. I felt we could have learned more if he hadn't been beaten to death. I think the more we know about these very disturbed individuals, the more we know in perhaps stopping things before they get to the tragic point they seem to.

I think, too, that once recognized, lets say we see these traints of psychopathic behavior in a child, what do we do? What if this fellow had been recognized earlier as this disturbed, would there be able to have been some action taken.

I have a friend right now who is 'working with' a child who is violent, has hurt animals, and is in my opinion, is at the age of 8, a scary person who needs to have something done. He see's a therapist, a psychiatrist, and is being 'monitored'. But what do we really know about this sort of thing? If there is any way of gaining more knowledge to change this course, it would only be for the better, I think.

I agree. It also sounds like MH has more going on than straight sociopathic tendencies as well, given his behaviors with leaves, trees, other animals, and the outdoors. I do think we benefit more as a society by learning how these people think and react, how spot these traits early, and in the future, how to treat people to prevent situations like this.

It reminds me of the poster from an earlier thread who was having issues with her son. If we can learn from people like MH now, it makes it easier to help people like her and her son cope with mental illness so that tragedies like this do not occur.

I also think a person who commits crimes under severe psychosis is more likely to be adequately punished by being restored to sanity and given the ability to feel remorse for the gravity of their offenses. While I realize this isn't the case for some offenders (sociopaths), there are others who commit crimes under severe mental disturbance who can be treated. I'd rather learn and benefit from it as a society by treating the offender, while the offender also has to live with what they've done, which can be much harder when "normal" emotions are restored. Guilt can be a heavy, terrible thing.

(RSBM)

Actually, squirrels live in trees, but they don't hide their food there. They bury the nuts and seeds they find in the ground, under logs, and under leaves and then try to find them when they're hungry. Scattering them in different places prevents a whole supply from accidentally getting destroyed. Seeds and nuts that they don't find eventually grow into more trees. It's nature's way.

http://www.backyardnature.com/cgi-bin/gt/tpl.h,content=501

I think MH just wanted to find a better hiding place than leaving the remains out in the open. Or it could have been related to his short-lived job as a tree cutter. Even in the short time he worked at that trade, he must have seen quite a few hollowed out trees.

I wonder if we'll ever see a picture of the tree that held those poor people. Probably too morbid for MSM. I don't believe that he had to climb up to find the hole, but that it was probably at a lower level than his own height. (I think Sheriff Barber may have said this at the presser yesterday.) Strangely, in the aerial footage of the recovery, none of the trees in the area appeared to have a wide enough circumference to hold three bodies. But maybe that was an illusion.

JMO

R.I.P
Kody, Tina & Stephanie

There are 3 pictures and video (right side of page)of the actual tree here

I also remember someone mentioning they were a retired police officer, so they do think out of the box. Some people can! There is nothing nefarious about it. It is a matter of hide and seek thinking. You don't think of the human aspect, but rather, think like if you lost your keys where would you put them.

This is what I did with the ZB...where would I hide something where people wouldn't expect to look. It doesn't take a sick mind and I'm offended that someone suggested so.

Thanks for the video as I was wondering how big this tree was to fit 3 bodies inside. That is a large tree and the hollow part is much higher than I thought. That is just insane how somebody could get three bodies that high. They cut a hole in the bottom and took the bodies out. You can see the place they cut in the video and patched it back up. It was a large tree if they could cut the base and take bodies out and still have the tree standing.

They have since cut the tree down...

This is what I know about trees: when there is a crook or saddle at the top of the trunk, water can collect, then leaves, then bugs, then over time, rot. It can rot all the way down through the middle of the tree because the nutrients come up from the roots through the bark of the tree to reach the top of the tree and ultimately the leaves. An inside rotten core won't kill a tree but it will make it weaker over time. Now if you took something as teensy as a car key and made a circle all the way around the tree - then the tree would die. Also, different species of trees all have different lifespans. does anyone know what kind of a tree that was??? Maybe we can figure out how tall it was and how old it was.

just me being me......

ETA - my point being it could very well be a naturally hollowed out tree - but who would climb up that high to make that discovery???

I also remember someone mentioning they were a retired police officer, so they do think out of the box. Some people can! There is nothing nefarious about it. It is a matter of hide and seek thinking. You don't think of the human aspect, but rather, think like if you lost your keys where would you put them.

This is what I did with the ZB...where would I hide something where people wouldn't expect to look. It doesn't take a sick mind and I'm offended that someone suggested so.

Having watched almost every episode of "Criminal Minds" and also having read about serial killers, etc for many years, I've unfortunately thought of all sorts of sick scenarios regarding murder cases in the news, some of which I might be hesitant to post here at WS.

Good detectives/profilers try to get inside these killers' minds, to figure out what makes them tick.

In this video the reporter stands in front of the tree and points up, looks to be 15-20 feet to the top/hollowed out part to me

Also, in this video he says the dog was found in the tree

Thanks!
Excellent video, almost 8 mins, reporters walks the path to that tree. In it it shows the tree upclose along with the hole cut in the tree by LE. I am rather surpised that LE had allowed anyone into that area though.

(video in upper right corner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members