OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been said that the friend lives only 10 minutes away from the hotel. Maybe Tyler was attempting to walk to the friend's house, to either rekindle the fight or to make amends. Has anyone searched the route between the hotel and the friend's house?

Good point. This also makes me wonder if she also called the same friend the next morning to see if he heard from Tyler or saw him.

She said she called a “really good friend” of hers who lives in Columbus to help her search for Tyler. I assume this is a different friend.

Good point. This also makes me wonder if she also called the same friend the next morning to see if he heard from Tyler or saw him.

She said she called a “really good friend” of hers who lives in Columbus to help her search for Tyler. I assume this is a different friend.
I thought it was posted it was an old roommate of hers.

The Arnold Sports Festival is the first week of March. Brian Shaffer went missing in the early morning hours of April 1 (left for a bar on the evening of March 31. Joey did die during the week of the sports festival but an autopsy showed a high level of alcohol in his system and no trauma at all to the body from foul play. Autopsy report sheds little light on death of Joey LaBute

I read that Ohio ranks fourth of all states for human trafficking. Men and boys do get trafficked also. I wonder why there is so much of this in Ohio?
I wonder if he ended up at a spot where gay men meet (by accident). Walking through 'the woods' where men are cruising? Is there such a spot there?

Yes, I agree and no, as a good friend, I would not have left! It is weird. Very weird. And there must be some reason she did not call the police right away- that is so strange in my mind. And the whole friend thing is strange. She made it a point to explain that the two of them only get to be out by themselves three times per year- her birthday, his and their anniversary and so the friend tags along on her birthday celebration? Something is odd that he was there. I feel it in my gut. Also I read that both of the men fell alseep in the uber on the way back to the hotel and she said she woke the friend up first- why explain that?
All that is exactly what bothers me too.

And the second part that's a huge red flag is 'where was Tyler when his friend saw him walking'? Wouldn't that be the most important thing you would want the public to know. So you can find people that might have seen him too, and who can help you find out where he could have gone next?
Did his friend have a conversation with Tyler? What was said? Was Tyler angry with his friend? Did Tyler say where he was going? Why didn't the friend wait for him?

If he knew where Tyler was when he last saw him, and Tyler called and said he was walking 'through the woods' , wouldn't the wife and friend have thought 'there's no woods around, something's wrong'.
And finally when Tyler makes a final strange call (4 seconds of silence) and calls go straight to voice mail, the friend decides it's time to go home. Weird, weird, weird.

Can any locals suggest where the nearest business is on the map that would have been open that time of night? If Tyler got lost and his phone died, the next logical thing to do is head for shelter somewhere there is a phone and possibly also food. Is the guard booth at the labs manned all night?

No, if you look at google maps for the Hilton in that location there is a very small stand of trees (maybe half an acre) south of there, the rest is mall and developed areas.
YCNK8Z6.jpg

I have highlighted all areas with wooded or dense tree cover in red, and ponds in blue. These are within a mile or so. Note the creek at the end of Easton Way if he headed West, and also the wooded area around the Labs where his phone pinged.

Tyler Davis - Google My Maps

ETA this screenshot is missing a highlight on the giant pond just south of the lab in the wooded square. If that hasn't been thoroughly searched, it should be.

All that is exactly what bothers me too.

And the second part that's a huge red flag is 'where was Tyler when his friend saw him walking'? Wouldn't that be the most important thing you would want the public to know. So you can find people that might have seen him too, and who can help you find out where he could have gone next?
Did his friend have a conversation with Tyler? What was said? Was Tyler angry with his friend? Did Tyler say where he was going? Why didn't the friend wait for him?

If he knew where Tyler was when he last saw him, and Tyler called and said he was walking 'through the woods' , wouldn't the wife and friend have thought 'there's no woods around, something's wrong'.
And finally when Tyler makes a final strange call (4 seconds of silence) and calls go straight to voice mail, the friend decides it's time to go home. Weird, weird, weird.

YCNK8Z6.jpg

I have highlighted all areas with wooded or dense tree cover in red, and ponds in blue. These are within a mile or so. Note the creek at the end of Easton Way if he headed West, and also the wooded area around the Labs where his phone pinged.

Tyler Davis - Google My Maps

ETA this screenshot is missing a highlight on the giant pond just south of the lab in the wooded square. If that hasn't been thoroughly searched, it should be.
Thanks! Since his wife stated in her last words with him he said he could see the hotel I didn't look that far away for trees. Great map!

I did some 'driving' around the hotel on Google maps and he could very well have been walking 'through the woods' and be able to see the hotel. If he indeed went around the block (going to the right beeing at the hotels entrance) on Chagrin Dr., going right on Gramercy St., going right again onto Easton Loop, so primarily 'round the block'. Then taking a left onto Colliery Ave.When you get to the end of Colliery Ave, the 'woods' is right in front of you. When you cross Stelzer Rd, you walk right into a small forest. Maybe he had to pee and that's why he went into the woods. When you look across towards the hotel, you can see it clearly. And you would only have to cross Stelzer Rd again to walk straight towards the hotel.

Today, I made my almost weekly excursion to Costco/Whole Foods at Easton.

I spent an extra 45 minutes or so, driving around the area.

I focused my attention on the "wooded" lots around Easton.

As we would think of "woods" the undeveloped plots around Easton might be described as sparse...

any standing water would be mostly reserved for retaining ponds, and very shallow creeks.

The level of credibility applied to the narrative provided by the wife is declining, in my opinion.

Davis calls his wife, from the "woods" stating that he can "SEE" the Hilton and will be there in minutes"

While the Hilton is certainly a tall structure - being able to see it from many of the "wooded" areas shaded on the map would be a challenge. - and if this part of the story is true, Davis was very near the Hilton - much closer than the Ross Labs property ....

So if we are to believe the story of the call received by the wife... Davis was abducted near the area of Stelzer Rd. and Easton Way -

I say abducted, because his body is NOT there. (is there a chance that the extensive search of the area "missed" locating a dead body? sure - but I'm speculating he his NOT there)

I will also suggest that "abduction" is a remote possibility. 4:00 AM at Easton Town Center, and a 29 year-old white guy is snatched off the street? Unlikely.

Today, I made my almost weekly excursion to Costco/Whole Foods at Easton.

I spent an extra 45 minutes or so, driving around the area.

I focused my attention on the "wooded" lots around Easton.

As we would think of "woods" the undeveloped plots around Easton might be described as sparse...

any standing water would be mostly reserved for retaining ponds, and very shallow creeks.

The level of credibility applied to the narrative provided by the wife is declining, in my opinion.

Davis calls his wife, from the "woods" stating that he can "SEE" the Hilton and will be there in minutes"

While the Hilton is certainly a tall structure - being able to see it from many of the "wooded" areas shaded on the map would be a challenge. - and if this part of the story is true, Davis was very near the Hilton - much closer than the Ross Labs property ....

So if we are to believe the story of the call received by the wife... Davis was abducted near the area of Stelzer Rd. and Easton Way -

I say abducted, because his body is NOT there. (is there a chance that the extensive search of the area "missed" locating a dead body? sure - but I'm speculating he his NOT there)

I will also suggest that "abduction" is a remote possibility. 4:00 AM at Easton Town Center, and a 29 year-old white guy is snatched off the street? Unlikely.
Great post. Is there any way you could find out what kind of 'activity' could be going on in the 'woods' on Stelzer Rd.?
Drugs, sex, homeless people, youth hanging around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52