OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super exhausted ? He's 29. I'd say very stressed and most likely depressed. Heath isn't great, babies are expensive, etc. I'm not seeing a good ending
You cannot tell from the outside how healthy someone is on the inside. From what his coworker said it sounded like he might have had a heart condition. Even 20 year old guys can drop dead while playing sports.

If Tyler sold drugs at any kind of volume, he wouldn’t work the night shift at Wendy’s, IMO.

One thing I find very strange which no one has mentioned to my knowledge is that reference has been made to Tyler being in poor health, having chest pains when lifting heavy objects, etc. This is extremely abnormal for a 29 year old. Could he have had an undiagnosed health condition? Could his ill health have been the result of a substance abuse problem? I think it’s possible that Tyler succumbed to a health problem while extremely under the influence and just hasn’t been found yet.

I also think that the wife’s story is believable if Tyler was extremely belligerent when he got out of the Uber, and was combative towards his friend to the point where his friend left him alone. I can see a friend, also very drunk (etc?), saying “go take a walk and pull yourself together”, if Tyler was yelling at or shoving him. After that, Tyler starts to wander in confusion and some sort of misadventure happens and he dies?

You'd be surprised. I know pot dealers who work shifts at fast food. They must have some legal way to explain for some of their income. It seems so many people deal pot now, from kids, teens, to grandmas. You'd be shocked. I know I was shocked.

So what is everyone thinking happened?

Drunken misadventure. Walked away, fell, hit his head landed in a body of water. Many drunken people make horrible decisions especially if he was already exhausted and didn't eat a big dinner before getting drunk.
It could be that simple. His friend couldn't get him to return become kinda belligerent or stubborn and still stomped off into the dark or "woods" even if the woods are only a few trees.
Without any more info my guess is drunken misadventure and a series of horrible decisions that lead to his demise. The body could very well still be there just overlooked. Drain pipes, retention ponds, sewer/storm drains. Construction sites, holes, ditches.
For his families safe he is safe at a hospital with no ID, but the longer this goes, well, doesn't look hopeful.

You'd be surprised. I know pot dealers who work shifts at fast food. They must have some legal way to explain for some of their income. It seems so many people deal pot now, from kids, teens, to grandmas. You'd be shocked. I know I was shocked.

Because pot isn't considered a serious drug, and it's also a drug that is pretty hard to make significant money from unless you are selling some serious weight. About 95% of people I have ever known that sold weed were doing so just to basically be able to smoke themselves for free. They aren't expecting to make lots of money. Those people wouldn't quit their day or night jobs, no matter how menial, just to rely on sales from marijuana.

From my perspective, the majority of the "activity" in the area is construction. I have been in the area at all hours of the day and evening ( I have NOT been cruising around Easton after 11:00PM) this area does not appear to have much, if any, illicit activities taking place.
Is the construction close to the hotel? I wonder if he could have fallen into something, got trapped inside something. Or something like climbing onto a pile of sand and got covered with sand when it started to move.

If he had fallen, that could have been what the mysterious four second call was about, after he had just talked to his wife. The phone could’ve died right after he called for her to help. She said he fell getting out of the car, maybe he fell again. I’m thinking if he was so unstable as to fall trying to get out of the car than he must’ve been really unstable on his feet walking. ?

Is the construction close to the hotel? I wonder if he could have fallen into something, got trapped inside something. Or something like climbing onto a pile of sand and got covered with sand when it started to move.

The construction is very near the hotel and is taking place on a grand scale. There are also a number of unimproved lots that are being used for parking, material & equipment storage, etc. including a lot adjacent to the Hilton.

I think that he was inebriated and that he lost control and expired. I still think that the situation with the friend makes it shady and it’s very possible that the friend moved his body if he thought he might get in trouble. In that case, it would be likely the friend too was on drugs and also had some on him, both making him more paranoid and less willing to report the tragedy. This would answer way he is not stepping forward at all, and also why wife is tormented and genuine. Either way I don’t believe there was foul play intent with his death..
:(

( I have NOT been cruising around Easton after 11:00PM) this area does not appear to have much, if any, illicit activities taking place.

Just don't do that either. Especially not after visiting The Dollhouse. I can't help it but 'The Dollhouse' sounds like the title of a Stephen King novel. Young men getting confused and disorientated after visiting The Dollhouse. Taking off into the freezing night, making strange calls out of non existing woods and vanishing into thin air.
I'm not trying to be funny but that's the feeling I get from this case. So much weirdness.

Last edited:
Because pot isn't considered a serious drug, and it's also a drug that is pretty hard to make significant money from unless you are selling some serious weight. About 95% of people I have ever known that sold weed were doing so just to basically be able to smoke themselves for free. They aren't expecting to make lots of money. Those people wouldn't quit their day or night jobs, no matter how menial, just to rely on sales from marijuana.

Exactly, and most aren't shady or creepy people either most are college students etc...

If he had fallen, that could have been what the mysterious four second call was about, after he had just talked to his wife. The phone could’ve died right after he called for her to help. She said he fell getting out of the car, maybe he fell again. I’m thinking if he was so unstable as to fall trying to get out of the car than he must’ve been really unstable on his feet walking. ?

I followed a case where a man fell and drown and his cell made one last call. I'll try to find the info. It's possible if he fell his cell dialed the last call.

That's a good post. Fell or slid, butt dialed and then the phone died.

Just don't do that either. Especially not after visiting The Dollhouse. I can't help it but 'The Dollhouse' sounds like the title of a Stephen King novel. Young men getting confused and disorientated after visiting The Dollhouse. Taking off into the freezing night, making strange calls out of non existing woods and vanishing into thin air.
I'm not trying to be funny but that's feeling I get from this case. So much weirdness.

Or there's a possibility someone dosed him at the strip club. Maybe a stripper who viewed him as an easy mark to mug?
or some creep dosed him to access his wife? or just to be sadistic?
Or he took drugs with his friend willingly for recreational fun? But clouded his judgments even further?

Anyone ever accidently found out how many seconds it would take for your phone to die after falling in the water/toilet? Could it be about 4 seconds?

Perhaps looking down at his phone, instead of watching where he was walking caused the "fall" - who hasn't been distracted with their phone while walking?

I followed a case where a man fell and drown and his cell made one last call. I'll try to find the info. It's possible if he fell his cell dialed the last call.

What was the snow cover that night and is it gone now?

The construction sites are a possibility especially if they had deep pits or foundations dug in with poor fencing.

He could have walked west to the park area.

He could be in a culvert or manhole.

Be out in a landfill after being carried away.

The construction is very near the hotel and is taking place on a grand scale. There are also a number of unimproved lots that are being used for parking, material & equipment storage, etc. including a lot adjacent to the Hilton.
The material and equipment storage is what I had in mind. Could he have crawled into one of those and died.

In thinking about this, I think that last call he made where there was Four seconds on the line May be instrumental to what the problem was at the moment. After all, he had just spoken to his wife and said he could see the hotel and the lights so why would he call right back unless he needed help of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz