Oh - Violet Rhoden Taylor, 35, found shot, Pike County, 11 June 2018

None of it makes sense to me, honestly. I can’t figure out why a young woman would kill herself in a holler that’s about 10 miles from her listed place of residence (according to obituary), in front of a random guy that has yet to be identified. With a shotgun (I believe). And from what I understand the area she was in, is a heavily wooded area. It’s all just strange IMO. Hopefully, we will all have more info in the weeks to come.

Other facts that point away from suicide include that women who commit suicide tend to use methods other than a gunshot, especially a gunshot with a shotgun...in a heavily wooded area...

Other facts that point away from suicide include that women who commit suicide tend to use methods other than a gunshot, especially a gunshot with a shotgun...in a heavily wooded area...
Just adding to this...it’s not very common for any person to commit suicide in the presence of others. I mean, it happens sure, but at 10 am-ish in the morning on property the person doesn’t even live on, with a shotgun to the chest? Nah. I don’t buy it.

I am curious why the Rhodens are not listed on the Attorney General website. Also, why is it so difficult to put in a records request on here? There should be additional records by now....

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Law-Enforcement/Local-Law-Enforcement/Cold-Case/All-Cold-Cases

Those are two very good questions, thank you for asking.

JMO, they won't list them on the Cold Case site because they don't want the bad publicity from having to admit they haven't solved the murders. Our current AG has been running for governor since around the time of the Rhoden Murders.

Second question - Ohio government has always been very bad in the area of transparency. The government leaders don't like to open records to the public. DeWine's office has been particularly bad in this respect. They just spent millions fighting a case to the Ohio Supreme Court that keeps autopsy reports secret from everyone except family members of the deceased.

I live here. Ohio government is very bad, very secretive and, JMO, very corrupt. The Ohio Speaker of the House (and state rep. for Pike County) recently resigned because he is under FBI investigation for corruption & bribery.

Clearance rates for violent crime, murder, etc. in Pike County, OH (per FBI)

How Many Crimes Do Your Police 'Clear'? Now You Can Find Out

Murder Accountability Project: Clearance Rates

Pike County clearance rates from 2001 to 2016

Ohio is not good, either

The numbers are bad! Wow. Pike cleared just under half of their homicides>Maybe there's a lot of deal making, Three and you're free?

They definitely need to be more transparent and bring in the big dogs (Websleuthers)...if we could map out all the unsolved homicides (23) in recent years we could possibly draw inferences that they missed or have been hiding. There aren’t very many people in that area there so with the majority on Facebook being visible gangsters and tweakers it’s kind of easy to figure out who is with you and what is motivating the area

They definitely need to be more transparent and bring in the big dogs (Websleuthers)...if we could map out all the unsolved homicides (23) in recent years we could possibly draw inferences that they missed or have been hiding. There aren’t very many people in that area there so with the majority on Facebook being visible gangsters and tweakers it’s kind of easy to figure out who is with you and what is motivating the area
23? Wow. I suppose I need to dig deeper because I’m only counting 13 and a possible 14th.

The numbers are bad! Wow. Pike cleared just under half of their homicides>Maybe there's a lot of deal making, Three and you're free?
If I read the stats right, Pike County had only 22 murders between 1965 and 2016. That would mean that the Rhoden murders make up so much of the unsolveds in that county. That adds another layer of tragedy to the whole situation.

I think that’s possible. From the sounds of the article, the MSM has the incident report which probably lists all the names. I’m more concerned with there being a suspect in a death that is still undetermined as suicide or homicide. That’s strange. How can LE suspect someone of wrong doing if the death was self inflicted?

I agree, MittenS. And then there is the additional physics problem...unless it was a highly unusual shotgun, it's nearly impossible for someone to shoot herself in the chest with a shotgun. At that angle, the trigger is unreachable. This definitely doesn't add up to suicide.

Doesn't the grand jury first have to indict the suspect for charges to be brought? And at that point, the clock starts on the speedy trial?
Probably. I honestly don’t understand how and why things are done the way they are in Pike Co.

I know Sowards was sent to a GJ months ago and nothing has happened yet. I was under the impression the GJ has 30 days to decide whether to indict or not indict. I’m gonna have to research the legalities some more.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back