OH OH - William 'Bill' Comeans, 14, Columbus, 7 Jan 1980 - #2

Would be happy to look / help!

That would be SUPER!

Bill Comeans is the case that brought me to Websleuths, and he will always have that special place. After all was said and done here, we'll have to wait for that one person to speak up and the experts to bring in their best. The case is a challenge. It is unclear what happened in the months leading up to William's death, it is unclear how it happened and why, and the crime scene was heavily contaminated. Because they tried to save his life with all their might and who could blame them?

Bill is on twitter too, @BillComeans and his little sister (at the time) is here at WS. She is a driving force for justice for Bill. And for others. Perhaps @KatCo and you could have a chat and get the ball rolling.

I will gladly chip in when funds are needed!

That would be SUPER!

Bill Comeans is the case that brought me to Websleuths, and he will always have that special place. After all was said and done here, we'll have to wait for that one person to speak up and the experts to bring in their best. The case is a challenge. It is unclear what happened in the months leading up to William's death, it is unclear how it happened and why, and the crime scene was heavily contaminated. Because they tried to save his life with all their might and who could blame them?

Bill is on twitter too, @BillComeans and his little sister (at the time) is here at WS. She is a driving force for justice for Bill. And for others. Perhaps @KatCo and you could have a chat and get the ball rolling.

I will gladly chip in when funds are needed!
Bill Comeans is the case that brought me to Websleuths as well, @ZaZara! Then I took a many years absence.

Here to bump this thread. I've been curious if @othram had been able to help with DNA. I also wonder if KatCo left this site. I can't @ her as her name doesn't come up, yet her profile is still here, but it's been since Jan since she was last seen. Perhaps she's a "Former Member" but one can tell that since her profile says "Verified insider - Bill Comeans case" where "Former Member would be? I sure hope she's OK!!! I hope for Bill's family this case can be solved!

LE never came to question his friends at school. The locker notes and the attacks were not known around the school until after his death. The reason LE did not comment on the school note that was in a locker of his friend, after Bills death, that said "you're next" is because that friend wrote it himself. It was said he didn't think LE was taking Bills death seriously enough. This was typed on a typewriter from his house. The same typewriter that he said Bill had borrowed from him a few months earlier. This friend has been deceased for many years. If my memory serves me right, we had to take Earth Science our freshman year. We did not take health until a later grade. The person Bill and his friend thought were "staring down" Bill from the entrance to the choir room were 2 senior males.
Both in Symphonic and Chorale choirs as well as musicals. One was a football player and probably who they thought was looking mean. Seniors always acted tough to the freshman choir kids. What they were doing was listening to the men's sections (tenor/basses). One or both would stand there at the start of the rehearsal. They came in the choral directors inner office talking about the strong men's section in the freshman choir. I was there in the office that period. Many days they would stand out there for 10 min or so. It was the start of the year. The freshman didn't know who was in the upper class choirs. Freshman were only there for that 1 period. They were not allowed to hang around during other study halls. I did not know until after Bills death he thought he was being stared at. Bill was staying for the fall play after school. Almost right away as in a 1 or 2 practices, his friend said we had to keep Bill between us because something bad had happened to him. We went to sit outside the back stage door on the stoop waiting for our parts. I believe I was told about the 1st attack. I asked wasn't he scared to be outside the building, shouldn't we stay inside, but he did not seem to be. Something like as long as he sat between us, he would be ok. I saw nothing unusual or anyone lurking around. We sat about 15 min outside a couple nights of practice for a couple weeks. Once it got dark I said no we were staying inside. I asked if he had any idea why someone would leave him the note at school. I think he had one there at that time. No. Once the 2nd attack happened Bill missed a few days of school. The friend was very upset by this 2nd attack.
Bill was Very likeable. Absolutely no one had a bad thing to say about him. He was kind, friendly, and helpful. I believe after the 2nd attack kids in the choral/stage part of the school started to find out, if I'm remembering correctly. Bill had to quit the play after that. He was not staying after school any more. I believe it was a parent & Bill decision to quit his paper route. Bill said he did not know who the teens in the car were. He said he did not know why they attacked him. I asked. I created scenarios asking if he had seen them do something he shouldn't have? Did he recognize ever seeing them, not just not knowing who they were? No. Could they have seen Him doing something he shouldn't have? No. This was in a one on one conversation at school. Not in a group or where we could be overheard.
My senior class had 371 people in it. I was a couple years ahead of Bill and his friend. The halls were busy and lined with lockers. Numbers on the front, as well as vents. Just to explain. It is a long 1 floor building. There are 2 major hallways going down lengthwise as well as classrooms off the one end in 4 spots with a hub in the middle of each. Plus a back hallway off one of the full length halls. The front had a hall off other long hallway too. Lockers everywhere. Newer building. Not really any windows to speak of. It has central air.
Again, LE never spoke to me. I never understood that.

Welcome! Thanks very much for this information. It’s sad hat LE didn’t ask you any questions.

If possible, could you ask the moderators here if you need to be verified as an “insider” to Bill’s case. It means you would be able to post information here without having to provide a link.

Here is a link that explains the process.

Thread 'Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters'
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

If LE had interviewed you back then, what would you have told them? Did you think it was someone from schoo?

Welcome! Thanks very much for this information. It’s sad hat LE didn’t ask you any questions.

If possible, could you ask the moderators here if you need to be verified as an “insider” to Bill’s case. It means you would be able to post information here without having to provide a link.

Here is a link that explains the process.

Thread 'Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters'
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

If LE had interviewed you back then, what would you have told them? Did you think it was someone from schoo?
Welcome to Websleuths, @GfG!!

Thank you for bringing that up, @Betty P, since Non-verified people need to provide a link to MSM (MainStream Media) or say it's all their opinion (That was for GfG, not you, as I know you know that. lol). :)

@GfG has a great post, very informative, but as I was reading it I feared it might get removed for violation of this site's TOS, which I'd hate as GfG is new, and appears to have a lot of valuable information.

GfG - Do you know Bill's sister, known as KatCo on this site? She was (is) a Verified Insider family member (Known as VI's) to this case. Unfortunately, she hasn't been back for just a tad over 2 years now. :( I'd love to see her come back. If you would like to see her posts in this thread they are all here:

Friends can also become verified. It would be great if you decided to do that as @Betty P outlined in her post. :)

Again, WELCOME!!

Last edited:

Thank you for bringing that up, @Betty P, since Non-verified people need to provide a link or say it's all their opinion (That was for GfG, not you, as I know you know that. lol). :)

@GfG has a great post, very informative, but as I was reading it I feared it might get removed for violation of this site's TOS, which I'd hate as GfG is new, and appears to have a lot of valuable information.

GtG - Do you know Bill's sister, known as KatCo on this site? She was (is) a Verified Insider family member (Known as VI's) to this case. Unfortunately, she hasn't been back for just a tad over 2 years now. :( I'd love to see her come back. If you would like to see her posts in this thread they are all here:

Friends can also become verified. It would be great if you decided to do that as @Betty P outlined in her post. :)

Again, WELCOME!!

I very much agree, Gemmie. GfG shared some very important information about Bill, it's very helpful in providing more insight. We've both been here at WS a long time and can verify that GfG's privacy will be protected.

Also, thank you for being such a good, supportive friend to Bill. He sounds like he was a very nice young man, not deserving of these attacks.

Last edited:

Thank you for bringing that up, @Betty P, since Non-verified people need to provide a link to MSM (MainStream Media) or say it's all their opinion (That was for GfG, not you, as I know you know that. lol). :)

GfG - Do you know Bill's sister, known as KatCo on this site? She was (is) a Verified Insider family member (Known as VI's) to this case. Unfortunately, she hasn't been back for just a tad over 2 years now. :( I'd love to see her come back. If you would like to see her posts in this thread they are all here:

Again, WELCOME!!
Thank you. I have spent this entire week reading every post from 50 pgs in part 1 to the 8 pgs in part 2.
I tried to make sure I did not post any identification of the friend. I didn't even post the choral directors name. I only posted facts that I knew personally directly from Bill or the friend.
Yes, I have talked and met KatCo around 2014. I saw on fb in 2014 that the case was going to get the last of the DNA tested.
Thanks for the welcome.

Again, WELCOME!!
Is there a way I can edit my post and put BBM: ??

I very much agree, Gemmie. GfG shared some very important information about Bill, it's very helpful in providing more insight. We've both been here at WS a long time and can verify that GfG's privacy will be protected.

Also, thank you for being such a good, supportive friend to Bill. He sounds like he was a very nice young man, not deserving of these attacks.
I did email asking to be verified tonight.
Thank you for your help with that. I appreciate the welcome. As I mentioned I have spent this week reading all 58 pages and every post. I miss Bill. He was a wonderful person with a kind and tender God fearing heart. The world lost what would have been a Very Good Man one day.

Is there a way I can edit my post and put BBM: ??
Welcome! If it's too late to edit, don't worry about it. I think we usually have about 30 minutes to edit a post.

This is a good group in this thread. I know some of us have followed quite a few Ohio cold cases. Nerosleuth is an expert on the Columbus, OH cases. With such advancements in DNA testing, it would be great if some of the other Ohio cases can finally be solved.

I recall Columbus PD did some DNA testing on material from Bill's scarf (?), but the results were inconclusive, right? I need to catch up, too.

Pretty sure the prosecutor in Cuy Co is sending evidence from Amy Mihaljevic for DNA testing, too.

Last edited:
Welcome! If it's too late to edit, don't worry about it. I think we usually have about 30 minutes to edit a post.

This is a good group in this thread. I know some of us have followed quite a few Ohio cold cases. Nerosleuth is an expert on the Columbus, OH cases. With such advancements in DNA testing, it would be great if some of the other Ohio cases can finally be solved.

I recall Columbus PD did some DNA testing on material from Bill's scarf (?), but the results were inconclusive, right? I need to catch up, too.

Pretty sure the prosecutor in Cuy Co is sending evidence from Amy Mihaljevic for DNA testing, too.

I saw a newscast or tv show on this where they were showing the material they believe was a homemade curtain

I sure hope they are able to get DNA from the hair found on the material since the DNA sample was to small and degraded to get anything. Hopefully, hair will not be hers and maybe get a hit on it.
So many Awful murders of children.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3