Ohio prosecutors 'indict' Punxsutawney Phil over early spring forecast, seek death pe

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Softail, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Softail

Softail New Member

Ohio prosecutors 'indict' Punxsutawney Phil over early spring forecast, seek death penalty

CINCINNATI – Famed groundhog Punxsutawney Phil might want to go back into hibernation.

Authorities in still-frigid Ohio have issued an "indictment" of the furry rodent, who predicted an early spring when he didn't see his shadow after emerging from his western Pennsylvania lair on Feb. 2.

"Punxsutawney Phil did purposely, and with prior calculation and design, cause the people to believe that spring would come early," Mike Gmoser, the prosecutor in southwestern Ohio's Butler County, wrote in an official-looking indictment.

Gmoser wrote that Punxsutawney Phil is charged with misrepresentation of spring, which constitutes a felony "against the peace and dignity of the state of Ohio."

The penalty Phil faces? Gmoser says — tongue firmly in cheek — is death.

Punxsutawney Phil does not have a listed phone number

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/2...rly-spring-forecast-seek-death/#ixzz2OMbi5Hgo

2. Loading...

3. Reader

Reader New Member

LOL.....they are not going to get rid of one of their main tourists attractions...

4. Mira

Mira Country Girl

poor guy...he predicted for Punxatawny, not the whole area. how is the weather in Pa? lol

5. montana_16

montana_16 Active Member

What makes matters worse, I heard he's already on probation for a previous bogus prediction. Poor guy.

6. chissus

chissus Member

IDK. I don't think the death penalty is a funny concept. Sorry :(

7. Show Me

Show Me New Member

So anyone who predicts the wrong weather can face the death penalty? Look out weather forecasters!

8. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

I don't think it's funny either. Are there no crimes in OH that they have to go after a groundhog? Leave Phil alone!

9. Jersey*Girl

Jersey*Girl New Member

I took this as a joke and thought it was hysterical. :D We're going to have 4-6 inches of snow over the next day or so & I sarcastically said to my husband "That damn groundhog oughta be shot"...BUT I swear I didn't mean it, was only joking around...yada yada. It's just that I love the sun, the beach, the flowers, laying outside relaxing & reading, having barbecues, bonfires, etc. Can't do a darn thing in the rain or snow in my area. Now if we lived in the Poconos I'd be in my glory with this weather!