OK - Athena Brownfield, 4, found deceased, Cyril, 10 Jan 2023 *Arrest*

Alysia was set to appear before a judge Thursday, but that appearance was canceled.

There was a gag order issued for the case, as Alysia's attorney said she cannot have a fair trial with social media attention. This means any new information will only come from future court appearances.

Ivon is expected to appear in court in late April. Alysia is next expected to appear in court in May.

Thursday, April 27th:
*Preliminary Conference Hearing (@ 9am CT) - OK – Athena Alexandria Brownfield (4) - Athena & her sister (5) were left alone on Friday, Jan. 6, 2023 but Athena was first reported missing on Jan. 10, 2023 after her sister was found walking alone near the town of Cyril by a postal worker & he contacted LE. (Athena was found on Jan. 17, 2023 in Rush Springs, Grady County; found out that she had been beaten & died on Dec. 25, 2022 from Alysia’s interrogation; ID’d on Jan. 26, 2023) - *Ivon Neil Adams III (36/now 37) arrested (1/12/23 in Phoenix, AZ) & held on a fugitive from justice charge. Felony warrant from OK. for 1st degree murder & child neglect. Held without bond pending extradition to OK. Booked (1/19/23) in Caddo County Jail. Held on $1M bond. *Charged (1/20/23) with 1st degree murder/child abuse & child neglect. Held without bond. Bond denied (1/20/23).
Case & court info from 1/10/23 thru 1/17/23 reference post #419 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...klahoma-10-january-2023-arrest.657156/page-21

1/19/23: Ivon Adams was booked into Caddo county Jail at 8:57pm on Thursday evening, 1/19/23. Being held on $1M bond. 1/20/23: Ivon: Pauper's affidavit application for court appointed Counsel. Order appointing OK. indigent defense system. Initial hearing on 1/20/23.
1/20/23 Update: Ivon Adams appeared in front of Judge David Stephens in the Caddo County Courthouse Friday where Adams was informed of his charges. He will face one count of first degree murder/child abuse & one count of child neglect. The state & defense attorney both signed off on a gag order regarding this case. There was no set time for when the gag order would be lifted, but it could be months before anyone could hear Adams’ account of what happened to little Athena. The court denied a bond for Adams. The state requested there not be a bond due to Adams being extradited from Arizona. His defense attorney, Mitchell Solomon, said he was not going to argue the request at this time. Adam’s next court appearance will be at 9am on 4/27/23 as a preliminary conference hearing & pretrial conference hearing on 5/25/23 @ 1:30pm.
*Alysia Adams (31) – Pretrial conference hearing on 5/25/23.

April 27, 2023
CADDO COUNTY, Okla. (KSWO) - The man accused of killing 4 year old Athena Brownfield in Cyril was set to appear in court on Thursday, until it was rescheduled.
[.....]
He was set to appear before a Caddo County judge this morning, however, court clerks tell us the initial appearance was rescheduled due to his attorney having a “conflict”

His new hearing is set for May 25th at1:30 p.m.

He’s currently held in the Caddo County Jail with no bond.

May 5, 2023

TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) — Athena Brownfield's mother has been arrested for two counts of child neglect months after her 4-year-old daughter was murdered in Caddo County.

Jasmin Brownfield was the girl's biological mother, but Athena had been living with caretakers, Ivon and Alysia Adams, who were arrested in connection with her death earlier this year.
[.....]
Jasmin was arrested in Payne County on Thursday, and extradited to Caddo County on Friday morning.

@MsMarple - any court dates yet for Brownfield? TIA! :)

and if there is a birth date for her?

May 5, 2023

TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) — Athena Brownfield's mother has been arrested for two counts of child neglect months after her 4-year-old daughter was murdered in Caddo County.

Jasmin Brownfield was the girl's biological mother, but Athena had been living with caretakers, Ivon and Alysia Adams, who were arrested in connection with her death earlier this year.
[.....]
Jasmin was arrested in Payne County on Thursday, and extradited to Caddo County on Friday morning.

@MsMarple - any court dates yet for Brownfield? TIA! :)

and if there is a birth date for her?

No court date yet, warrant was just issued. No dob that I could find.
STATE OF OKLAHOMA V. JASMIN BROWNFIELDNo. CF-2023-00083
(Criminal Felony)

Filed: 05/04/2023

Judge: STEPHENS, DAVID A
EventPartyDocketReporter
Thursday, May 4, 2023
ISSUE WARRANT

COUNTS​

1. CHILD NEGLECT

2. CHILD NEGLECT

5-04-2023 AFFIDAVIT
Pursuant to 12 O.S. § 39, Document Available at Court Clerk's Office
05-04-2023 ISSUE WARRANT --CRIMINAL CASE
Pursuant to 12 O.S. § 39, Document Available at Court Clerk's Office

Thanks! I saw in another article that she is 27, so I have her age. And now I have the case #.
I would say she probably has a hearing on Monday - first appearance hearing.

I will check with you early Monday morning! :) Again thanks for looking up her case.
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

THis is all I can read on this article.

ANADARKO — The couple accused of killing and hiding the body of 4-year-old Athena Brownfield is scheduled for an October preliminary hearing together.

On Wednesday, following preliminary hearing conferences, Alysia, 31, and Ivon Neil Adams III, 37, both of Cyril, were scheduled to return to the Caddo County District Court

link: Preliminary hearing set for Cyril couple accused of killing 4-year-old in their care

@MsMarple - I have them on 5/25 for pretrial conference hearing - is that still good?

THis is all I can read on this article.

ANADARKO — The couple accused of killing and hiding the body of 4-year-old Athena Brownfield is scheduled for an October preliminary hearing together.

On Wednesday, following preliminary hearing conferences, Alysia, 31, and Ivon Neil Adams III, 37, both of Cyril, were scheduled to return to the Caddo County District Court

link: Preliminary hearing set for Cyril couple accused of killing 4-year-old in their care

@MsMarple - I have them on 5/25 for pretrial conference hearing - is that still good?
Looks like yes for both but Alysia also has a pre- hearing conference today.

Alysia:
Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 9:00AM
PHC- STEPHENS
Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 1:30PM
PHC- STEPHENS
Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 9:00AM
PRELIMINARY HEARING

Ivon:

Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 1:30PM
PHC- STEPHENS
Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 9:00AM
PRELIMINARY HEARING

Thanks @MsMarple - just to keep my notes straight - I will go ahead & post this even if it is one day late.... :)

Thursday, May 18th:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ 9am CT) - OK – Athena Alexandria Brownfield (4) - Athena & her sister (5) were left alone on Friday, Jan. 6, 2023 but Athena was first reported missing on Jan. 10, 2023 after her sister was found walking alone near the town of Cyril by a postal worker & he contacted LE. (Athena was found on Jan. 17, 2023 in Rush Springs, Grady County; found out that she had been beaten & died on Dec. 25, 2022 from Alysia’s interrogation; Id’d on Jan. 26, 2023) - *Alysia Adams (31) arrested (1/12/23) & charged (1/17/23) with 2 counts of child neglect – one for failing to supervise Athena's sister & another for failing to protect Athena from her husband’s physical abuse. Plead not guilty. Bond @ $500K with restrictions if bonded out.
Case & court info from 1/10/23 thru 1/17/23 reference post #419 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...klahoma-10-january-2023-arrest.657156/page-21

1/19/23: Alysia: Application for Order to stop prejudicial pretrial publicity. Motions hearing on 1/26/23 @ 1:30pm & initial appearance on 3/23/23 @ 9am. Order prohibiting extrajudicial statements. Next preliminary conference hearing on 3/23/23.
3/23/23 Update: Hearing was cancelled. There was a gag order issued for the case, as Alysia's attorney said she cannot have a fair trial with social media attention. Next pretrial conference hearing on 5/25/23. Alysia had a pretrial hearing on 5/18/23. Preliminary hearing scheduled on 10/4/23 @ 9am.
*Ivon Neil Adams III (36/now 37) – Pretrial conference hearing on 5/25/23 & preliminary hearing on 10/4/23.
*Jasmin Brownfield (27) "bio mom" - arrested & charged (5/4/23). Attorney announcement hearing on 7/17/23 & preliminary hearing on 7/27/23.

*This is only about 50 miles from me. It’s so embarrassing when creeps from my state hurt children. Thanks, I‘m really happy to return. I‘ve had three heart attacks and three surgeries in 10 days. I just got home a few days ago. I‘m trying to get strong enough for open heart bypass in two months…

The search continues for Athena Brownfield, Cyril girl who has been missing since Tuesday. Oklahoma Highway Patrol Water Search and Rescue Team were searching a Grady County creek reservoir east of U.S. 81 between Agawam and Rush Springs.
www.swoknews.com

Guardians jailed, one for murder; search continues for Cyril girl

CYRIL, OK — With her guardians in custody, at least one accused of first-degree murder, the search for a 4-year-old Cyril girl continued Saturday.
www.swoknews.com
www.swoknews.com

CYRIL, Okla. -
Hugs, prayers, and hope: Saturday night, community members gathered in Cyril to hold a candlelight vigil for AthenaBrownfield.
The vigil took place downtown near Cyril City Hall. Speakers thanked the community for their efforts in trying to find her. They then prayed for the girl, who was reported missing on Tuesday.
"I loaded all four of my children up and I started going on the street with my vehicle and I said, 'Start saying Athena,'" recalled community member Brooke Kelley.
www.newson6.com

'We're Not Giving Up Hope': Candlelight Vigil Held For Missing 4-Year-Old Athena Brownfield

Dozens of community members gathered in Cyril to hold a candlelight vigil for Athena Brownfield on Saturday.
www.newson6.com
www.newson6.com
So sorry to hear of your recent health problems.
Best wishes for coming surgery. :)

These cases are so upsetting: cruelty +++
Creeps found everywhere.
Justice often follows, but so many innocent lives are lost.

:)

Last edited:
Thursday, May 25th:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ 9am CT) - OK – Athena Alexandria Brownfield (4) - Athena & her sister (5) were left alone on Friday, Jan. 6, 2023 but Athena was first reported missing on Jan. 10, 2023 after her sister was found walking alone near the town of Cyril by a postal worker & he contacted LE. (Athena was found on Jan. 17, 2023 in Rush Springs, Grady County; found out that she had been beaten & died on Dec. 25, 2022 from Alysia’s interrogation; Id’d on Jan. 26, 2023) - *Alysia Adams (31) arrested (1/12/23) & charged (1/17/23) with 2 counts of child neglect – one for failing to supervise Athena's sister & another for failing to protect Athena from her husband’s physical abuse. Plead not guilty. Bond @ $500K with restrictions if bonded out.
Case & court info from 1/10/23 thru 1/19/23 reference post #453 here:

3/23/23 Update: Hearing was cancelled. There was a gag order issued for the case, as Alysia's attorney said she cannot have a fair trial with social media attention. Next pretrial conference hearing on 5/18/23. 5/18/23 Update: Alysia next a pretrial hearing on 5/25/23. Preliminary hearing scheduled on 10/4/23 @ 9am.

ALSO:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ 1:30pm CT) - OK – Athena Alexandria Brownfield (4) - Athena & her sister (5) were left alone on Friday, Jan. 6, 2023 but Athena was first reported missing on Jan. 10, 2023 after her sister was found walking alone near the town of Cyril by a postal worker & he contacted LE. (Athena was found on Jan. 17, 2023 in Rush Springs, Grady County; found out that she had been beaten & died on Dec. 25, 2022 from Alysia’s interrogation; ID’d on Jan. 26, 2023) - *Ivon Neil Adams III (36/now 37) arrested (1/12/23 in Phoenix, AZ) & held on a fugitive from justice charge. Felony warrant from OK. charged with 1st degree murder & child neglect. Held without bond pending extradition to OK. Booked (1/19/23) in Caddo County Jail. Held on $1M bond. *Charged (1/20/23) with 1st degree murder/child abuse & child neglect. Held without bond. Bond denied (1/20/23).
Case & court info from 1/10/23 thru 1/20/23 reference post #443 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...klahoma-10-january-2023-arrest.657156/page-23

1/20/23 Update: Ivon Adams appeared in front of Judge David Stephens in the Caddo County Courthouse Friday where Adams was informed of his charges. He will face one count of first degree murder/child abuse & one count of child neglect. The state & defense attorney both signed off on a gag order regarding this case. There was no set time for when the gag order would be lifted, but it could be months before anyone could hear Adams’ account of what happened to little Athena. The court denied a bond for Adams. The state requested there not be a bond due to Adams being extradited from Arizona. His defense attorney, Mitchell Solomon, said he was not going to argue the request at this time. Adam’s next court appearance will be at 9am on 4/27/23 as a preliminary conference hearing & pretrial conference hearing on 5/25/23 @ 1:30pm.
4/27/23 Update: Adams was set to appear in court on Thursday, until it was rescheduled. He was set to appear before a Caddo County judge this morning, however, court clerks tell us the initial appearance was rescheduled due to his attorney having a “conflict” His pretrial hearing is set for 5/25/23 at 1:30pm & preliminary hearing on 10/4/23 @ 9am.
*Jasmin Brownfield (27) "bio mom" - arrested & charged (5/4/23). Attorney announcement hearing on 7/17/23 & preliminary hearing on 7/27/23.

I too can not find anything on what happened yesterday - maybe @MsMarple can post what the court site says?
TIA! :)
No change for Ivon and Alysia and nothing found in msm.

Jasmin Brownfield:
EventPartyDocketReporter
Thursday, May 4, 2023
ISSUE WARRANT
Monday, July 17, 2023 at 10:00AM
ATTORNEY ANNOUNCEMENT
Thursday, July 27, 2023 at 9:00AM
PHC- STEPHENS
Friday, August 4, 2023 at 1:30PM
PHC- STEPHENS

COUNTS​

1. CHILD NEGLECT

2. CHILD NEGLECT

No change for Ivon and Alysia and nothing found in msm.

Jasmin Brownfield:
EventPartyDocketReporter
Thursday, May 4, 2023
ISSUE WARRANT
Monday, July 17, 2023 at 10:00AM
ATTORNEY ANNOUNCEMENT
Thursday, July 27, 2023 at 9:00AM
PHC- STEPHENS
Friday, August 4, 2023 at 1:30PM
PHC- STEPHENS

COUNTS​

1. CHILD NEGLECT

2. CHILD NEGLECT

On the PHC - would that mean Pretrial hearing conference or Preliminary hearing conference in the above - does the court site give definitions for their abbreviations? TIA! :) Just want to make sure I have the correct name of hearing.

On the PHC - would that mean Pretrial hearing conference or Preliminary hearing conference in the above - does the court site give definitions for their abbreviations? TIA! :) Just want to make sure I have the correct name of hearing.

PHC = Preliminary Hearing Conference. In a nutshell it’s a meeting between the prosecutor and defense counsel to see if a plea deal is possible.

More info from:
https://www./media/understanding-your-court-dates-what-is-a-preliminary-hearing

If you plead not guilty to the charges, the next step is the preliminary hearing conference (PHC), where the defense attorney and prosecuting attorney meet to discuss the case.

At the PHC, the State's attorney can make a "recommendation" or offer a plea agreement. If the conditions of the plea bargain are favorable to the defense, then you may plead guilty to the charges. However, if you and your attorney do not like the prosecutor's offer, you may continue to maintain your "not guilty" plea and your case will proceed to the preliminary hearing.

The preliminary hearing can seem like a trial of sorts. This is an official court proceeding in which the prosecution must demonstrate to the judge that the State has probable cause to prosecute you as a defendant. In other words, the district attorney must show that there is sufficient reason to believe that the defendant committed the crime. The prosecution does not have to present its full case, but it will likely involve witness testimony and other pieces of evidence that may be used against you at trial.

After the judge considers the case, he or she will determine whether the State has sufficient probable cause. If so, the court will order trial; if not, the court will dismiss the charges. The burden of proof in a preliminary hearing is very low--the prosecution must show that there is evidence to believe you committed the crime, not prove that you actually committed a crime. Because of this, the judge typically rules in favor of trial at this point

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back