OK OK - Big Cedar, BlkFem25-35, 394UFOK, htchkr from Cleveland, OH, 'Beth or Baby', scars, ring, Jan'90

I think he definitely picked her up in Cleveland.

It mentions 55th and Euclid in the first post. That's a busy intersection east of downtown Cleveland. Both 55th and Euclid connect to major highways and it would make sense for a truck to travel either road.

I don't live in Cleveland, but I do know that the intersection of 55th & Euclid isn't far from the Cleveland Clinic Hospital.

I recall reading a newspaper article that before serial killer Anthony Sowell was arrested, there was a controversy regarding that the police in Cleveland had refused to take reports of missing adults.

So it could be possible that the accident victim was from the Cleveland and there could be adults from Cleveland that are still missing and there isn't any police reports of them being missing.

Soooo he left her there?

Oh wait. Nevermind. I confused her with someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, I had a hernia as an infant and it was corrected through a "bikini cut". Meaning a cut that goes from one side to the other and is hidden in the hairline. The scar is nearly invisible and is about 5 inches long. HTH (Sure never thought I would put that online!, LOL!)

Also, FWIW, all of the c-section scars I have seen from back then are right down the middle, top to bottom. Not saying it could not be done a different way, just that I have never seen it done any other way.

I know this is an old comment, but I wanted to add for anyone now looking at this case that I had a c-section in 1990 and it was transverse (aka bikini cut), not up and down the middle. So, some were definitely done that way in 1990, not sure about prior years though, although my OB-GYN called that the standard incision during that time, so I can assume that it was done prior to 1990 too.

OHP trying to identify victim from 1990 cold case
"The driver of the semi-truck, James Taylor, said the woman was a hitchhiker that he had just picked up before the crash. However, Taylor’s sister told investigators that he had picked the hitchhiker up in Cleveland, Ohio.

She also said the woman went by “Beth” or “Baby."

1990 cold case sketch

The woman was 5’1″ tall and weighed 87 pounds. She was believed to be between 25 and 35-years-old, had short black hair, brown eyes and scars on her forehead and upper left arm.

She also had a scar on her abdomen that appeared to be from a C-section.

She was wearing a shirt, sweater, pantyhose, pants and belt at the time of the crash. She was also wearing a gold-colored ring with a pink stone."

Ring found on Jane Doe’s body

FYI: I created a Facebook page for her a while back. It's Facebook.com/bethfromcleveland

I reached out to LE in Le Flore County, OK and Cuyahoga County, OH to see if they'd be willing to contact the DNA Doe Project. No word yet.

The closest resemblance I could find is Sherell S. Horton who went missing from Warrenton, Georgia on July 28th 1987. (NamUs)

Original

Things that match:
- Widow’s peak
- height within range (5’4” vs 5’2”)
- age within range (would have turned 21 in 1990)
- would have been missing for 3 years (more like 2.5) before ending up deceased

Things that don’t match or seem a stretch:
- location: she went missing from Georgia while our UID ended up in Oklahoma. A lot could happen in 3 years but it seems to be a stretch
- circumstances: she went missing without wearing shoes, which makes me think she wouldn’t have been able to travel very far from where she went missing (just my opinion)
- she seems to have perfect teeth
- no mention of scars
- rather young to have had a cesarean, though not impossible

A thought in a different direction is Vicki Sue Hodges, aka Tamara Sanders, missing from Fort Worth at age 33. She disappeared in July of 1989 from Fort Worth, and there is next to no information, including photos, in her case. She's listed as 5'5" and 98 lbs, so very slim, like this UID, with an abdominal scar.

I realize that Taylor's sister has said this UID is Beth or Baby from Ohio, but apparently Taylor himself said that he picked her up 15 minutes before the crash, presumably in OK. He was from Atlanta, TX. All of these are about 3-4 hours from each other.

Missing Person Case

OHP officials need your help identifying homicide victim in 1990 cold case
Updated: 6:37 PM CDT Jul 25, 2018

“Officials with the Oklahoma Highway Patrol are seeking the public’s help in identifying a homicide victim from a 28-year-old cold case.

On January 18, 1990, officials said a semi-truck and trailer driven by James Edward Taylor of Atlanta, Texas crashed on US 259, near Big Cedar, in southern Leflore County, Oklahoma. A black female passenger in the truck was killed during the collision. Troopers were unable to identify the female passenger (Jane Doe).

James Taylor said Jane Doe was a hitchhiker he had picked up 15 minutes before the collision, according to the OHP. Taylor’s sister told investigators Taylor had picked Jane Doe up near 55th and Euclid in Cleveland, Ohio, and she believed Jane Doe went by “Beth” or “Baby.” Taylor was subsequently charged with Jane Doe’s death, but charges were eventually dismissed. Taylor died in 2008.

Jane Doe was 5 feet 1 inch tall and weighed 87 pounds. She was believed to be between 25 to 35 years old, had short black hair, brown eyes, and scars on her forehead and upper left arm. Jane Doe had a scar on her abdomen, believed to be from a C-section. She was wearing a shirt, sweater, pantyhose, pants and belt; the only personal item found with Jane Doe was a gold-colored ring with a pink stone. It was discovered by OHP Traffic Homicide Investigator/Trooper Tim Baker at Evans and Miller Funeral Home in Poteau who maintained custody of the ring for the past 28 years and provided the ring to Trooper Baker.”

Anyone who has information is asked to call 1-866-OHPTIPS.

———————————————

Am I reading this correctly? - The truck driver claimed to have picked her up just 15 minutes prior to the accident, inferring she was picked up in Oklahoma? But the truck driver’s sister reported that he had actually picked her up long before the accident and from Ohio???

Why on earth would he lie to police and/or his sister? You’d think if something nefarious were going on, he would lie to police but he probably wouldn’t have also called his sister up and told her, “hey, I picked up this girl in Ohio...”. Seems a little odd IMO.

That is a ring I’ve not seen before... anyone know what that stone might be? It doesn’t appear to be costume jewelry...

*Additional photos

*New recons added September 2019
F46EF1AF-189C-4861-A6E4-7C16C1005A30.jpeg 7D50CEEB-809C-427A-BBEA-A5939D1F054E.jpeg 77B2EAC3-9B29-42DA-9CEB-F35628269186.jpeg

Missing Person exclusions:
MP20365 Elaine Ford 05/08/1990 Cuyahoga OH (X2)
MP7773 Mary Cox 05/29/1989 Cuyahoga OH
-- Nancy Cobbs -- -- OH
MP9889 Tasha Wright 10/14/1989 Dallas TX

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member