OK - Boy, 9, Stabbed to Death by Girl, 12, in Custody, Tulsa, Jan 2023

Wow then from what it sounds like might not have been the fault of parent neglect necessarily…yikes was the boy asleep when this happened to him?
It doesn't say, but it does say that the 911 call was made by mom shortly before midnight. Seems like everyone would have been in bed and/or asleep, but who knows. One of the articles says the parents (plural) were asleep upstairs. So maybe kids were out of bed or still up? It's just tragic.
MOO

So devastating, family violence like this is just horrific.
upstairs asleep evidently. i think it was late at night
sometimes there’s just nothing a parent could have done, there just weren’t the warning signs that something like this would have occur it’s not always the parents fault, just usually. For instance my grandparents left their 3 young kids at home alone (ages 3-11) and their 7 year old ended up in a burn unit for a year. In my grandparents case, 100% negligence on their part so I always wonder about family dynamics first

It's interesting that the 12 y/o just went in and woke her mom up to tell her.
I wonder if the daughter has ever harmed animals or seriously harmed her brother before?

It just seems to get worse, doesn't it, folks? :-(

It's interesting that the 12 y/o just went in and woke her mom up to tell her.
I wonder if the daughter has ever harmed animals or seriously harmed her brother before?

It just seems to get worse, doesn't it, folks? :-(

It really seems that way. 35 years ago, I did a thesis on "Crimes by Children", and there was no internet back then, but there wasn't the amount of violence and volume that there is now.

From one of the articles I read, it seems like 12-year-olds can't be charged as an adult, which I suppose means she will be released when she's somewhere in the 18-25 range?

I really hope she gets the help she obviously needs, or it's just going to be releasing an institutionalized time bomb.

Those poor parents!

That was a hard watch. It was odd to hear her so distressed she couldn't breathe and then just so normal, saying she is a good kid, asking if she can have the cuffs off in a completely normal, chatty tone, and then back again. I'm not sure what to make of it yet.

What a horrific situation :(.

This is so distressing…….I’m surprised it’s been released

That was a hard watch. It was odd to hear her so distressed she couldn't breathe and then just so normal, saying she is a good kid, asking if she can have the cuffs off in a completely normal, chatty tone, and then back again. I'm not sure what to make of it yet.

What a horrific situation :(.

Extremely disturbing.

I see that she is 12, although her manner strikes me as closer to a fourteen-year old.
Just in using the F word so easily even as police are arresting her.

I just don’t know if she’s acting or not. I get that she’s only 12 but she is really focused on herself here. The repetitive “I’m so sorry,” and “am I going to jail?” and I think only once asking if her brother would be ok.

I’m devastated that he died. While watching the video I was hoping that he’d recover after hospitalization.

She is so concentrated on herself, but shows no compassion for her brother.

She has "older cuts" on her arm. Does she self mutilate? There is obviously something horrible going on in this child's head. She seems to cry and stop and talk normal very easily. Questioning why she keeps saying, "I don't know what happened"

She does at least have remorse. Such a young child to do something like this. Some of the younger ones I have seen during their arrest do not show any remorse.

Last edited:
Extremely disturbing.

I see that she is 12, although her manner strikes me as closer to a fourteen-year old.
Just in using the F word so easily even as police are arresting her.

I just don’t know if she’s acting or not. I get that she’s only 12 but she is really focused on herself here. The repetitive “I’m so sorry,” and “am I going to jail?” and I think only once asking if her brother would be ok.

I’m devastated that he died. While watching the video I was hoping that he’d recover after hospitalization.
So sad. I agree her mannerisms and speech make her seem slightly older. She seems comfortable cursing in front of the cops and mom. This could be simply because she is so upset.
Her intense emotions in the beginning, calming down, and being able to hold a regular conversation is like a flow of the older child she seems in the beginning, to how a 12 year old might act.
At this point I believe her reactions were authentic. When I first read about the story it was when mom was saying something along the lines that she believed the medicine was to blame. IMO, It appears she may have tried to self harm before and that she was totally unaware of what she was doing at the time. I also feel she shows some remorse.
It was heartbreaking to see mom's relief when she thought her boy would be okay. I pray this family gain some understanding and heal from this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back