Found Deceased OK - Caitlyn Rose Case, 33, Traveling from Louisiana to Colorado, vehicle abandoned in Fort Towson, 5 Aug 2022

I was just referring to the two-hour gap from Bogata at 5p to Pattonville at 7p, which several people have pointed out is a very short drive. A couple of hours is about right to stop for a meal and a break. Pure speculation on my part, as I should have made clearer.

I was just referring to the two-hour gap from Bogata at 5p to Pattonville at 7p, which several people have pointed out is a very short drive. A couple of hours is about right to stop for a meal and a break. Pure speculation on my part, as I should have made clearer.
This is when she disappeared. Do you think she left Gainesville on the 5th & made a decision to go east to the Paris area on her own for unknown reasons (she was headed to CO on the 4th)? Then she stops around 5 pm on the 5th near the area OSBI says she got separated from her car?

I don't see it. But if she was fine in her last conversation with her father & he knew she had turned East for some logical reason, I might buy in.

MOO

Last edited:
Wait, now I'm confused. Don't we have her on that video after dark, probably in Gainesville? 7p in Pattonville should still be full daylight, shouldn't it?
Sorry, you responded while I was editing my post.

OSBI says:
During the course of the investigation, Special Agents have determined that 33-year-old Case’s last known location was in the Bogata, Texas area on August 5, 2022 at approximately 5:00 p.m. She was traveling northbound along Highway 271 towards Paris, Texas. Shortly after 7:00 p.m. on August 5, Case’s cellphones registered on cell towers at Pattonville, Texas and a tower located south of Paris.

At approximately 9:00 p.m. on August 5, 2022, Case’s vehicle traveled around the south loop of Highway 286 in Paris to FM 79 where it proceeded in a northwesterly direction from Paris. Shortly afterwards, the vehicle is believed to have traveled north in an unknown path headed to Oklahoma. After entering Oklahoma on Highway 271, the vehicle then turned east on Highway 109 south of Grant, Oklahoma.

At this point in the investigation there is concern that someone other than Case was in control of the vehicle. It is believed that an attempt was made to deposit the vehicle in the Kiamichi River to hide its location during the late-night hours of August 5, 2022. It is not believed at this time that Case physically entered Oklahoma.

It's not the clearest explanation, as you can see. I want to know WHY she headed East away from a path to CO on the 5th.

ETA: Many of us think the video still is at a gas station in Gainesville sometime after midnight & before dawn on the 5th because OSBI says it's from the 5th. But we have no proof just an educated guess from sleuthing & assumptions about her path on the 4th.

Last edited:
But for a rest break where would she stop would she stop in a populated area with CCTV or somewhere where its not populated? That can be a concern.
By the time 5 pm rolled around on Aug. 5, she was endangered in some way IMO. If not, why was she heading away from her intended destination of CO?

CRC wasn't on vacation, exploring Texas. She had a specific destination & veered way off from it early in the day sometime on the 5th. Why?

Bogata is what we Texans call "the middle of nowhere." She was carjacked, abducted, left injured in a remote area or ???

Stopping for rest & dinner is so benign compared to the likely reality of her situation at that time on that day. OSBI says so.

MOO

Regarding the CCTV image, thoughts:

- The image is distorted. Not sure if that's from the original camera or the way it's projected.
- The image that they are circulating looks like someone took a photo of a screen. Near the top, you can see some reflection (marked it in red). IMO it looks like florescent lighting, probably from where the photo was taken.
- At first I thought the lack of a front plate was odd, but according to Autolist, it's not mandatory to have a front plate for LA. (source)

Is that a dog in the rear of the car? Or a teddy? Kinda looks like a bulldog but picture when zoomed in isn't great on my tablet
Or I'm imagining things o_O

I've been following this and what many forget or maybe don't know is that the OSBI has Caitlyn traveling through Lewisville Texas up to Gainesville Texas and then from Gainesville for some reason turned back east toward Paris. So, from my research here is what OSBI knows: she left Houma, La, into Texas, pinged in Bagota,Tx around 5 pm and spoke with her family at that time, there is no gas station that looks like the pic in this town so doubtful she got gas there because its nighttime in the pic and it doesnt get dark in Tx until almost 9pm. She pinged again around Pattonville at 7pmish. I'm wondering about this ping... 2 hours later for about a 15 minute drive. They have her going through Lewisville and then to Gainesville, which makes sense going to Colorado. I would turn west on 82 and head toward Amarillo...but she didn't she headed back east toward Paris probably using 82, straight shot there. I think she got gas in Gainesville. Another person in the OSBI fb thread found an ExxonMobil Mobile gas station on interstate 35 in Gainesville with those brick columns and BLUE trash cans at the pump. Of all gas stations checked so far, this one matches on her route. And she would have arrived in Gainesville around dark thirty, 8:30 -9pmish and time frame would be consistent with a drive from the Paris and surrounding area. I will attach a pic of the gas station. I've stopped there before so am familiar with it.
Why she turned right?? Heading east?? Dis something happen in Gainsville? It looks to me like there is someone or more in her car crouching down. I notice her drivers window down so it's doubtful she had her doors locked? I think someone got in her car when she went to pay. Notice she is not looking at the car, her mind is probably on pumping the gas. Possibly a surprise when she got in her car. This may be the point of her not being in control of her car. It takes about an hour and a half to get to Paris from Gainesville give or take a few. Anyway, those are my thoughts. I hope they find her.
Quote BBM Great observation about the window rolled down, hence the car being unlocked and her focus/attention. My concern is that its dark and away from CCTV or video footage something may have happened. I'm just saying this because you are correct in the observations you have made here. So if that was her in the footage as she is turned away from the camera then did something happen after this location? There isn't reason to think she would roll up her window and lock her doors as she is pretty relaxed and secure it appears. The only way someone could get into her car at this gas station was if the person was disguised and so CCTV wouldn't be able to catch a face. But wouldn't LE show that a person entered her car to the public so maybe height or other characteristics can be identified so I don't think it was here it was afterwards.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I was just curious if I missed whether we knew from LE if the trip in question was a return trip from Houma back to Colorado or the other way around. I have seen some confusing information on CRC's FB profile about info

Thanks so much for clearing that up!

JMO and all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:

Websleuths welcomes all who are here to discuss the concerning case of missing person Caitlyn Rose Case. Members with inside information must apply for and be approved as a Verified Insider to post that info on WS. Otherwise that info is subject to removal. The process to become a Verified insider is linked in my signature below, and HERE:
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

To all members - UNLESS/UNTIL a member has been designated by Websleuths as a VI, PLEASE DO NOT respond to those posts that contain unverified info. Those posts may be removed, and yours will be too if you quoted and responded to them. That makes it more difficult to keep this thread in line with the Websleuths’ TOS if there are more posts to remove.

THANK YOU for your efforts to follow the TOS we ALL agreed to when we joined Websleuths. May Caitlyn be found soon and SAFE.

This is terrible- both the lack of updates and that there’s so little coverage.

Reasons I don’t think there’s someone else in the car in the gas station pic:

- I don’t see it :)
- surely there would also be video of them getting in
- LE hasn’t mentioned it

When and where was she reported missing? She’s only in Namus (so, OSBI?)

But there must have been an initial report somewhere, and if I were the reporting friend/ family, who would I have contacted? Not OSBI (I suspect) but some Texas jurisdiction. Still, she’s not in the Texas Missing Person Clearinghouse and we’re coming up on 5 weeks missing tomorrow.

This is terrible- both the lack of updates and that there’s so little coverage.

Reasons I don’t think there’s someone else in the car in the gas station pic:

- I don’t see it :)
- surely there would also be video of them getting in
- LE hasn’t mentioned it

When and where was she reported missing? She’s only in Namus (so, OSBI?)

But there must have been an initial report somewhere, and if I were the reporting friend/ family, who would I have contacted? Not OSBI (I suspect) but some Texas jurisdiction. Still, she’s not in the Texas Missing Person Clearinghouse and we’re coming up on 5 weeks missing tomorrow.
No fresh appeals from LE means they are likely building a case against one or more persons, I think.

<modsnip: Sleuthing family social media is not allowed>

So many cases followed here end up in silence like this! It is frustrating. Here's hoping we hear about an arrest soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back