Found Deceased OK - Caitlyn Rose Case, 33, Traveling from Louisiana to Colorado, vehicle abandoned in Fort Towson, 5 Aug 2022

HUMAN TRAFFICKING SUSPECTED
Case’s uncle, Randy Case, said she was heading to Colorado and giving her father frequent updates. When her dad stopped hearing from her, he flew to Oklahoma to search the woods with law enforcement.

Randy Case said, nothing else in the car was touched, leading him to believe this was a human trafficking case.
To be clear....Randy Case is the ONLY one who has said HE suspected human trafficking. And apologies to him but I don't believe he is qualified to determine if this is a trafficking case. I would say to the family, keep your mind open, and do not hold anything back from law enforcement. Share the good, the bad, and the ugly. It will help find answers faster.

I don't suspect human trafficking at all. Most of the time, human trafficking doesn't mean abducted for human trafficking. But, maybe he knows more than he has shared. The undisturbed car says to me that this was not a robbery and/or carjacking and was more personal or sexual in nature and I have to wonder if that is info the OSBI wanted to be released.

Has anyone searched for Caitlyn on any more obscure social media platforms?

I appreciate the specificity. I think it is important to explore the potential meaning(s) of each statement.

Sure hope they find her soon.

All this wondering and parsing over the bits of info released by OSBI may help but on-the-ground searches are needed now IMO.

As the days beyond Aug. 5th accumulate, concern escalates.

MOO
Totally agree. But you have to know where to search. That is not known right now. The priority now is awareness and video. The OSBI wants video of that time frame. Priority No. 1. This is what should be shared to every community page, and business in the areas on this path. Family should look for tagged photos from the area on Instagram and other places.

OSBI request:
Agents request that anyone living or working along the previously listed routes with access to recorded video footage on August 5, 2022 between 5:00 p.m. and 10 p.m. contact the OSBI tipline at (800) 522-8017 or tips@osbi.ok.gov.

Totally agree. But you have to know where to search. That is not known right now. The priority now is awareness and video. The OSBI wants video of that time frame. Priority No. 1. This is what should be shared to every community page, and business in the areas on this path. Family should look for tagged photos from the area on Instagram and other places.

OSBI request:
Agents request that anyone living or working along the previously listed routes with access to recorded video footage on August 5, 2022 between 5:00 p.m. and 10 p.m. contact the OSBI tipline at (800) 522-8017 or tips@osbi.ok.gov.
Respectfully, what you are suggesting is a widespread fishing expedition that could have helped most closer to Aug. 5.

OSBI has now stated her last known location was near Bogata. Why do they think someone else was in command of her vehicle after that? We don't know. But I interpret their statement to mean she was no longer in the vehicle before it reached Paris. Possibly near the ping in Pattonville?

At this point additional details only OSBI knows could lead to finding her IMO. It's a very rural area but there are multiple ways of searching: dogs, drones, airplanes, ground searches.

Searching the rural areas where the phone(s) last pinged seems like a more helpful strategy to me.

JMO

Respectfully, what you are suggesting is a widespread fishing expedition that could have helped most closer to Aug. 5.

OSBI has now stated her last known location was near Bogata. Why do they think someone else was in command of her vehicle after that? We don't know. But I interpret their statement to mean she was no longer in the vehicle before it reached Paris. Possibly near the ping in Pattonville?

At this point additional details only OSBI knows could lead to finding her IMO. It's a very rural area but there are multiple ways of searching: dogs, drones, airplanes, ground searches.

Searching the rural areas where the phone(s) last pinged seems like a more helpful strategy to me.

JMO
I disagree with the widespread fishing expedition comment. I didn't suggest it. The OSBI did.
I will give you a few reasons why I think the video might be important.

1. They do not know where to search.

Let's presume something bad happened en route from Bogata to Pattonville.
  • a. Something happened to her and she was moved to another vehicle YET her vehicle AND her phone continued on.
  • b. Something happened to her and she remained in her vehicle unable to control her phone. Yet, we don't know where she went after that. Technically it could be anywhere within the radius of time until the OSBI presumes her vehicle was dumped "late night august 5th". That radius of time allows for an extra hour traveling to Paris, TX for one thing. That radius could be 30 miles and that is if she was removed from the vehicle at that point in time.
2. Let's assume the video could show a suspect vehicle or suspect.
  • a. Is it possible she crossed paths with an unknown person(s) in a diff vehicle? If so, two vehicles and possibly two addl' people come into play. They can spot these types of things with video. I say two because one would be needed to drive her car and one the car originally in.
  • b. Did someone approach her at a stop?
  • c. Was there a road rage incident?
  • d. Was someone already in her vehicle or following her?
3. Evidence
  • a. It is a given that it would aid in any possible prosecution down the road.
And sure it could've possibly helped to have been notified of her missing long before the first report by ANYONE online was by the OSBI on August 13, 2022. By that point, she had been missing for 8 days. However, it is also possible that no one could have helped what happened and now the pieces and evidence must be put together and the video recovered at this moment will be just as helpful.

Personally, I am praying the local communities and residents become aware of the case. Hoping they think back to any odd behavior they noticed, stories they heard, sounds, smells, birds circling, etc. All of it is important.

Regarding the CCTV image, thoughts:

- The image is distorted. Not sure if that's from the original camera or the way it's projected.
- The image that they are circulating looks like someone took a photo of a screen. Near the top, you can see some reflection (marked it in red). IMO it looks like florescent lighting, probably from where the photo was taken.
- At first I thought the lack of a front plate was odd, but according to Autolist, it's not mandatory to have a front plate for LA. (source)

Attachments

• 300070111_449549270529796_639710681004828672_n.jpg
    300070111_449549270529796_639710681004828672_n.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 68
Regarding the CCTV image, thoughts:

- The image is distorted. Not sure if that's from the original camera or the way it's projected.
- The image that they are circulating looks like someone took a photo of a screen. Near the top, you can see some reflection (marked it in red). IMO it looks like florescent lighting, probably from where the photo was taken.
- At first I thought the lack of a front plate was odd, but according to Autolist, it's not mandatory to have a front plate for LA. (source)
Does anyone have any ideas on where this image was taken? I’ve looked at all the gas stations between Paris & Mt Pleasant, and cannot find one that has brick columns.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any ideas on where this image was taken? I’ve looked at all the gas stations between Paris & Mt Pleasant, and cannot find one that has brick columns.
Maybe a Circle K? I know there are some around Shreveport. Is there a reason you are looking for it between Paris & Mt Pleasant? I didn't think OSBI gave any location clues for it.

In my brief web search attempt I saw some Circle Ks have brick columns. I thought the orange/red might be a Circle K clue, too.

JMO & uneducated guess :)

I think the picture is distorted because they don't have a good aspect ratio set on whatever monitor or display they were using. The camera angle isn't great either.

If it was around here, I'd say Speedway maybe? Don't know if they're a thing in Texas/OK

Guesses/things to narrow it down:
- OSBI said she stopped at convenience stores at six locations. The stops are: Mt. Pleasant, Gladewater, Lewisville, Gainesville, and Paris.
- The image was said to be taken at night on 8/5, so the prevailing assumption is from midnight to 6 a.m.
- Last known location is in Bogata, TX on 8/5 at around 5 p.m.

Speculation
- Near/close by a freeway?
- Since they say 8/5, the assumption is midnight to 6 a.m. Is there any reason to NOT believe this assumption? Could OSBI have misreported or misread the date?
- If she was still with her car, there is a gap from 6 to 9 p.m. on 8/5 that she could have been seen. This is assuming that she ran into trouble/foul play at around 5-6 p.m on 8/5.

This is how I see her route:

Aug 4 - on the way to Colorado
Houma
Shreveport
Gladewater
Lewisville
Gainesville - rests/stays overnight

Aug 5 - Backtracks for some reason
Gainesville to Paris
Paris to Bogata
Someone else takes control of car near Bogata & drives north thru Paris to where her car was left south of Fort Towson

Plausible/implausible?

So, Caitlyn’s path was very strange. Yet family spoke with her while she was in Paris/Hugo which she shouldn’t have been either if she was headed straight to Colorado.

5 convenience store stops was mentioned. should we read that as literally going into the convenience store rather than just getting gas at a “gas station”? Seems quite a few stops as well. (Possibly) I understand many travel differently.

I think she had an odd route for a reason and that reason is behind her missing.

link for google map screenshot. Houma to Fort Towson

Link for reference to OSBI story.
I agree this route is very strange once she reaches North TX. Did someone join her? Seems like she was on a straight path to Co, then suddenly she starts doing strange things. Was she sightseeing, were there places or things she wanted to see that caused her to suddenly change her direction? Did someone take over the car?

Last edited:
I agree this route is very strange once she reaches North TX. Did someone join he? Seems like she was on a straight path to Co, then suddenly she starts doing strange things. Was she sightseeing, were there places or things she wanted to see that caused her to suddenly change her direction?
It really makes you wonder! Does she have any contacts in Paris? Did she even go as far as Mt Pleasant before returning through Bogata?

I agree this route is very strange once she reaches North TX. Did someone join he? Seems like she was on a straight path to Co, then suddenly she starts doing strange things. Was she sightseeing, were there places or things she wanted to see that caused her to suddenly change her direction?
I think someone got in the backseat at this stop in Gainesville & something happened near Bogata that caused them to go from forcing her to drive back east to tossing her out & heading north.
JMO

I should clarify, one thing I do not know is her actual routes between those cities. All we know for sure is those cities and that she was on 271 while talking to family between Paris and Hugo. I do wonder if family knew where she was when speaking to her or if LE determined that with phone pings.
Are we absolutely certain she was talking to her family while driving between Paris and Hugo? Because this is the first time I have heard that. And I'm still trying to discover where that last picture of her by her car was taken, because it wasn't in Bogata.

Are we absolutely certain she was talking to her family while driving between Paris and Hugo? Because this is the first time I have heard that. And I'm still trying to discover where that last picture of her by her car was taken, because it wasn't in Bogata.

A user above said the picture was possibly taken at a Mobil station in Gainesville.

From NAMUS:
Date of Last Contact
August 5, 2022

Circumstances of Disappearance
CASE was traveling from HOUMA LA to Colorado. During CASES's last call with her father she was traveling northbound on Hwy 271 in the Bogata TX area.
Where did you read that her last call with her father was near Bogata? Haven't seen that anywhere. Thanks.

Where did you read that her last call with her father was near Bogata? Haven't seen that anywhere. Thanks.
It is listed on her NAMUS profile here:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back