Found Deceased OK - Caitlyn Rose Case, 33, Traveling from Louisiana to Colorado, vehicle abandoned in Fort Towson, 5 Aug 2022

I haven't seen anyone mention the wifi ping. Does that mean she connected to wifi, attempted too? If she connected was it password protected? Who's wifi was it?

When they found the phones were they in good condition? Broken? Reset? What kind of phones? Sim cards in it?

I question this because if she had hotspot for wifi, she never wouldn't have connection issues and they'd mention more wifi pings, in my opinion. Why'd she have that random wifi ping? If she didn't know any locals it's safe to assume she found a public wifi, met someone and was given their password or someone else had her phone and it was entered by them. I find it odd it happened to be during the time there was nothing.

Makes me wonder if it was reset (Someone thinking they could reset it and take out the sim and it would factory reset/erase). Which is why I question the make and model, because the next step would be entering wifi or having cell service. They enter their wifi to make sure the phone doesnt have her info, given the have no cell service now, and either get hit with an frp lock or into the phone.

It doesn't make sense that they'd throw both phones in there though unless they were dead set on it being disposed of.

How big of a property was this? If her Dad found the car, was it in plain sight? Why didn't Home owners raise concern? What did the woman who lives there do that night she saw the cars? Why didn't she follow up? What's with the 911 calls after 10 that night? Where was the car at during the 911 calls? Why didn't the home owner think it was shady 2 cars came in and 1 left?

At first I voted towards home owners but I imagine they'd have gotten it in if they lived there and not leave it chilling or at least dispose of the phones or something? Unless they were unable to and assumed they were safe to figure it out.

Also if car was pushed in, where's the prints?

I think something happened in that time frame with the wifi ping..Maybe dude who spoke to her got scared and wanted a reason for his prints to be on the car.. Just a thought.

*Been here awhile, but never posted I don't think. So if I screwed up, don't come for me* Lol

I haven't seen anyone mention the wifi ping. Does that mean she connected to wifi, attempted too? If she connected was it password protected? Who's wifi was it?

When they found the phones were they in good condition? Broken? Reset? What kind of phones? Sim cards in it?

I question this because if she had hotspot for wifi, she never wouldn't have connection issues and they'd mention more wifi pings, in my opinion. Why'd she have that random wifi ping? If she didn't know any locals it's safe to assume she found a public wifi, met someone and was given their password or someone else had her phone and it was entered by them. I find it odd it happened to be during the time there was nothing.

Makes me wonder if it was reset (Someone thinking they could reset it and take out the sim and it would factory reset/erase). Which is why I question the make and model, because the next step would be entering wifi or having cell service. They enter their wifi to make sure the phone doesnt have her info, given the have no cell service now, and either get hit with an frp lock or into the phone.

It doesn't make sense that they'd throw both phones in there though unless they were dead set on it being disposed of.

How big of a property was this? If her Dad found the car, was it in plain sight? Why didn't Home owners raise concern? What did the woman who lives there do that night she saw the cars? Why didn't she follow up? What's with the 911 calls after 10 that night? Where was the car at during the 911 calls? Why didn't the home owner think it was shady 2 cars came in and 1 left?

At first I voted towards home owners but I imagine they'd have gotten it in if they lived there and not leave it chilling or at least dispose of the phones or something? Unless they were unable to and assumed they were safe to figure it out.

Also if car was pushed in, where's the prints?

I think something happened in that time frame with the wifi ping..Maybe dude who spoke to her got scared and wanted a reason for his prints to be on the car.. Just a thought.

*Been here awhile, but never posted I don't think. So if I screwed up, don't come for me* Lol
All very good questions, and I wish we knew the answers.

The car came to a rest on the Kiamichi River on private property that was gated. IMO there are two options:

1672273369848.png
The arrows point to two gates on each side.

First, the one on the East on E 2100 Rd:

1672273415772.png

This whole lot is under development and is being parsed out to 5-acre lots with custom-built homes.

This listing has a property map: Hollow Point Ranch Development Lots - Century 21 Harvey Properties

Since the owner of the property saw taillights, I think its safe to rule out this entrance point since its under development and no one lives here yet.

The second gated property is on the west:

1672273787791.png

1672273849293.png

Italisized part by me: How high was the river? Even if the currrent wasn't strong enough perhaps the perp/s thought that it will drift into the river if its left at the location it was? IDK just a thought of a possibility. So was her vehicle overtaken or hijacked by someone after 6:10PM?

Unfortunately, without more detailed info about where the car was dumped in relation to the river and in relation to the road, IMO it's not possible to accurately speculate anything.

@ralyla the website mentions "the vehicle became cradled in-between two small trees overhanging a 75-foot cliff" does this description match or correspond to either of the two locations that you posted?

Also I just realized that on their timeline it was a full week from when Caitlyn was last seen when they found the car. I wonder if they found it intact or perhaps other attempts to disturb it?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, without more detailed info about where the car was dumped in relation to the river and in relation to the road, IMO it's not possible to accurately speculate anything.

@ralyla the website mentions "the vehicle became cradled in-between two small trees overhanging a 75-foot cliff" does this description match or correspond to either of the two locations that you posted?

Also I just realized that on their timeline it was a full week from when Caitlyn was last seen when they found the car. I wonder if they found it intact or perhaps other attempts to disturb it?
Yes the south side of the river is smooth, the craggy rocks are on the north side. Of course I cannot be 100% certain its either of those. Just hoping we get more information soon.

OSBI said it in their latest statement:
BBM
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION RELEASED IN SEARCH FOR MISSING LOUISIANA WOMAN

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma (August 19, 2022) – The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) is releasing additional information in the Caitlyn Case investigation in hopes of narrowing the search area.

During the course of the investigation, Special Agents have determined that 33-year-old Case’s last known location was in the Bogata, Texas area on August 5, 2022 at approximately 5:00 p.m. She was traveling northbound along Highway 271 towards Paris, Texas. Shortly after 7:00 p.m. on August 5, Case’s cellphones registered on cell towers at Pattonville, Texas and a tower located south of Paris.

At approximately 9:00 p.m. on August 5, 2022, Case’s vehicle traveled around the south loop of Highway 286 in Paris to FM 79 where it proceeded in a northwesterly direction from Paris. Shortly afterwards, the vehicle is believed to have traveled north in an unknown path headed to Oklahoma. After entering Oklahoma on Highway 271, the vehicle then turned east on Highway 109 south of Grant, Oklahoma.

At this point in the investigation there is concern that someone other than Case was in control of the vehicle. It is believed that an attempt was made to deposit the vehicle in the Kiamichi River to hide its location during the late-night hours of August 5, 2022. It is not believed at this time that Case physically entered Oklahoma.
Case left Houma, Louisiana en route to Colorado on August 4, 2022. Her last contact with family members was on August 5. Her vehicle was located on the banks of the Kiamichi River south of Fort Towson the night of August 12.

Case was driving a black 2006 GMC Envoy with Louisiana plates 957FDO. Case is described as being 5’5”, 140 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a black spaghetti strap style top, light blue jeans and red tennis shoes (see attached image from surveillance video on August 5, 2022).

Agents request that anyone living or working along the previously listed routes with access to recorded video footage on August 5, 2022 between 5:00 p.m. and 10 p.m. contact the OSBI tipline at (800) 522-8017 or tips@osbi.ok.gov.

The OSBI has been assisted by numerous law enforcement agencies including the Oklahoma Highway Patrol (OHP), Choctaw County Sheriff’s Office, Hugo Police Department, Paris Police Department, Lamar County Sheriff’s Office, Lamar County District Attorney’s Office, Houma, Louisiana Police Department, Grayson County Sheriff’s Office, Gainesville Police Department, Lewisville Police Department, Longview Police Department, Gladewater Police Department, Mt. Pleasant Police Department.

The OSBI is currently the lead investigative agency and all tips should be forwarded threw the OSBI tip line.

###
IF SHE WAS IN BOGATA WHY DID IT TAKE 2 MORE HOURS FOR HER CELL TO HIT IN PATTONVILLE WHICH IS ONLY 15 MINUTES AWAY? ALSO SOMEONE NEED TO INTERVIEW THE PEOPLE SHE TALKED TO IN CUNNINGHAM TX

I made a Google My Map to help me visualize the data points provided by the family page. The Kiamichi river runs north of Hugo, OK, and feeds into Hugo Lake. I'm not sure exactly where Caitlyn's car was found in proximity to Kiamichi.

From what I've gathered from the family page, her last known location before the car was located is the ping to her phone which last pinged at the Kamaichi River location on August 5th at 11:56 pm.

There is a time gap from her last pinged location in Cunningham, TX, departing at 6:59 pm on August 5th. Her car came to its final resting place on the same day at 11:56 pm. Even without knowing her exact location in Hugo, getting to the city of Hugo from her last known place in Cunningham is just a 56-minute drive. So she theoretically would have arrived in Hugo by 8ish. Her car was found at 11:56. Whatever happened in that nearly four-hour timespan in Hugo is critical.

View attachment 388827

I don't know if the family can provide details on those four hours in Hugo and where the car was found. CCTV may be of assistance here if we can determine where her car was found.
car was found a week later

I hate that there hasn't been more news.
Her mother has posted an update at findcaitlyn.com:

"....the following agencies have joined in to provide investigators and support.

These agencies are:

Louisiana Attorney General’s office of Criminal Investigation

Texas Attorney General’s office of Criminal Investigation, Special Crimes Unit

Both Louisiana and Texas Attorney General’s offices feel it would be extremely helpful to put up one or two Bulletin Boards in the Paris, TX region.

HOW YOU CAN HELP: If anyone of you knows of a vendor that provides that service for a reasonable price in that area please let us know by calling/text to 985.236.2558

We are so grateful for all of you sharing, posting, consoling, and contributing. You are OUR VILLAGE and we will never forget you."

Excellent work by the family to expand the investigation. I feel more hopeful that all the facts known will be revisited & missing pieces to the puzzle will solve this case.

JMO

Her family provided an update on Caitlyns birthday, January 25th, 2023

We have been working diligently to find additional law enforcement to join in the search and recovery of our daughter and are finally able to officially announce that the following agencies have joined in to provide investigators and support.

These agencies are:

• Louisiana Attorney General’s office of Criminal Investigation
  • Texas Attorney General’s office of Criminal Investigation, Special Crimes Unit
We have been able to distribute approximately 3000+ flyers throughout the Paris, TX region with the help of local volunteers.

THANK YOU: We especially want to thank Cameron Smith for his dedication to that task.

Both Louisiana and Texas Attorney General’s offices feel it would be extremely helpful to put up one or two Bulletin Boards in the Paris, TX region.

HOW YOU CAN HELP: If anyone of you knows of a vendor that provides that service for a reasonable price in that area please let us know by calling/text to 985.236.2558

We are so grateful for all of you sharing, posting, consoling, and contributing. You are OUR VILLAGE and we will never forget you.

First time poster here, so be gentle...
I was recently going back over some similar cases and am in complete shock that some property owners have refused law enforcement to search their property and the police go, (And I'm being sarcastic here but you get my point) 'oh, uh, ok, sorry for bothering you, can we work out a day next year to search that might be good for you? ' Then in this case....ONCE AGAIN, a property owner refuses searches of their property WHEN THE CAR WAS FOUND ON THE GATED PROPERTY AFTER PEOPLE FAILED THROWING IT INTO THE RIVER and this isn't SUSPICIOUS?! This doesn't raise REASONABLE CONCERN?! ENOUGH FOR A WARRENT?! What is happening? The owner saw 2 cars drive onto their GATED property and one drove off... WHAT?! The SON was the one who called of the search?!
I must be missing something. Perhaps others that know more could help me understand?
Thanks.

Last edited:
New thread discussing remains & woman's ring found north of where CC's vehicle was found.
POTTAWATOMIE COUNTY, Okla. —
New details have been released about mysterious human remains found in Pottawatomie County.

The bones were found on a property on State Highway 59 between St. Louis Road and Cherry Hill Road. While there are many unanswered questions, the sheriff’s office said it’s the beginning of an investigation into what happened and who the person is.

For the second time this month, the medical examiner’s office is looking into human remains found in rural Pottawatomie County. They will determine how long those remains have been on the property.

Human bones were found on a property in St. Louis Oklahoma in early March. The sheriff’s office said ranchers called them when they made the shocking discovery.

"They’ve had some cattle getting out and so they were checking their fence lines, and down in creeks and areas where cattle could get out and they just happened to stumble across it," said Travis Dinwiddie, undersheriff.

Once deputies arrived, the ME’s office came to verify the remains were human, when multiple other agencies were called in to search the property.

"We did a search and they started digging. We did have a big group that came out and helped us do the search. We had Oklahoma Search and Rescue, we had our emergency management, we had Chickasaw Nation Emergency Management, we had OHP, we had deputies from our office," Dinwiddie said.

Less than two weeks later, deputies found more remains. They said in the skeletal pile was a human skull but they said there was only one potential victim.

"Just one at this point, no duplicates found," Dinwiddie said.

Now, they’re waiting on results to continue the investigation into what could have happened. The sheriff’s office said they can’t determine the gender and age, which will be up to the medical examiner.

Officials say skeletal remains have been found near the town of St. Louis, Oklahoma.

Authorities with the Pottawatomie County Sheriff’s Office tell KFOR that partial human remains were discovered on March 7 at a property near Hwy 177 and Hwy 59.

Investigators say the landowner was out checking cattle when they discovered the bones.

According to a social media post, the remains were found on March 7 on a property on SH 59 between St. Louis Road and Cherry Hill Road.

Officials said rings were found with the remains. They hope someone will recognize the set and the person to whom they belonged.

The three rings found are size 9 and believed to be costume jewelry, according to the post.
Officials in Oklahoma need help identifying these rings found with human remains found earlier...

*Repeat of basic and specified info from Caitlin’s family. I am not only surprised but a little shocked we haven‘t received more press or searching help considering the current situation with Madeline Kingsbury from Minnesota. The amount of support and help from volunteers has been overwhelming. I’ve been here awhile and it has touched me in some sort of way. Why have my fellow Oklahoman’s not stepped up? I’m so disappointed in us!
1681250370896.jpeg
On August 13, 2022, a non-profit search and rescue group provided a team of dogs and their handlers to search the private property. This service was coordinated by Caitlyn’s mother. The search team did not discover Caitlyn or any of her belongings on the property. However, it is to be noted that the search was not completed due to the owner’s son requesting to abort the search.
1681250393071.jpeg
Our daughter’s case was turned over to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) on August 13, 2022, after her vehicle was recovered in the state of Oklahoma. However, while OSBI is the lead on this case, it is complicated by the fact that Caitlyn’s case actually spans across three states (Oklahoma, Texas, and Louisiana). And anyone across those states, or beyond could have information that could help us solve her case.

Someone knows what happened to our daughter on August 5, 2022.

Since the OSBI publication on August 19th we have received the travel log through GPS/Gmail, Wifi, License plate readers, and a few 911 calls. One of the 911 calls received at 10:53 pm on August 5th was not dispatched by the 911 center and would have been crucial in finding out who was in control of the vehicle and possibly life-saving.

In studying the information we were provided by OSBI there are several gaps regarding our daughter’s last known location where Caitlyn was speaking to her father and all communication had stopped.

This is in the Solar Plant area south of Cunningham, TX. FM17360/17300. There is no GPS/Gmail data from 5:16pm to 6:59pm with the exception of a WiFI hit at 6:10pm on CR17300 Road Southeast of Cunningham, TX. where supposedly an eye witness spoke to Caitlyn in his driveway and she stated she had made a wrong turn. OSBI Mapping has her vehicle leaving Cunningham, TX at 6:59pm. We have asked for assistance and still have not been able to get sufficient answers.

At this point, she’s been missing for nearly 9 months. In my opinion, two things need to happen: the land where the car was found needs to be properly searched, and the 1 1/2 hours before the vehicle made it to Oklahoma needs to be investigated. During that time, there’s no WiFi/Gmail hit data. Only an indication that her vehicle was west of Paris, where there was a cell tower ping in the town of Hopewell at 9:22 PM. There wasn’t another WiFi/Gmail hit until 10:53 PM when the vehicle made it to Frogville Oklahoma. This needs to be explained.

At this point, she’s been missing for nearly 9 months. In my opinion, two things need to happen: the land where the car was found needs to be properly searched, and the 1 1/2 hours before the vehicle made it to Oklahoma needs to be investigated. During that time, there’s no WiFi/Gmail hit data. Only an indication that her vehicle was west of Paris, where there was a cell tower ping in the town of Hopewell at 9:22 PM. There wasn’t another WiFi/Gmail hit until 10:53 PM when the vehicle made it to Frogville Oklahoma. This needs to be explained.

I hope this case ends up getting solved bc clearly something happened to her.

Interesting note on

Texas Attorney General’s office of Criminal Investigation, Special Crimes Unit

“The CID Special Investigations Section (SIS) is responsible for the overall direction of the state's investigative efforts targeting the disruption and dismantling of criminal organizations involved in violent crime, property crime, fraud, and illicit gaming.”

(Emphasis mine.)

Caitlyn’s still not listed in the TX Missing Persons Clearinghouse, but it also looks like they haven’t updated it since March 2022.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back