OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

koco's report:

http://www.koco.com/news/oklahomane...osed/-/11777584/20478776/-/pc4fu/-/index.html

Police: Body found near dumpster badly decomposed
Published 8:56 PM CDT Jun 07, 2013

A body found in a sleeping bag next to a dumpster at the Meadow Park Apartments had decomposed so much that the medical examiner has not yet determine a gender, according to Oklahoma City police.

(Address at link)

Oy. Yet another **##!! sleeping bag.

FYI- it takes 28 hours to get from Oklahoma to Mt. Hood! That is with a few toll roads as the "quickest way".
That is a heck of a long drive.

IF the cat was in the car with him---- there will be fur everywhere. We drove across the country with our cat. Our cat was in a standard carrier but it shed like crazy (cuz cats don't like driving) and fur was all over the interior- much more than could be transferred via owner's clothes.
(no order)
1. met someone over internet- drove to meet them
2. Drove by himself, no duress vacation?
3. drove for an interview
4. Drove to buy/sell something
5. Any of the above 1-5 but was carjacked there near Mt. Hood
6. Was carjacked and kidnapped in OKC, driven to OR
7. Was carjacked in OKC, carjacker went to the house let the cat out?
8. someone came to his house, carjacked him, took him somewhere
9. ???

Deca...upthread you mentioned that maybe he had lost his job and hadn't told his family; that possibly he had an interview out in OR. I can see that happening...and then something went terribly wrong.

I don't know that area at all, but I do know these "hill" roads in NWA. Is it possible he ran out of gas, tried to walk to get gas, got hit by a car and wound up in a ravine? The information relayed was that Daryn's vehicle was located, "...on a roadside near a trail in Hood River County, Oregon which is near Mt. Hood." Are there lots of drop-offs along those roads...ones without barriers?

ETA: Also excellent point about the fur in the car. Nervous cats do shed an awful lot.

Of course. That's probably it.

But still, I would expect that person to have made contact by now - it's been 2 weeks almost.

Or he boarded her for longer, knowing that he would go on another trip after returning from NY.

Excellent point!

Thanks to all of ya'll for the input. You are certainly bringing up some good thoughts.

I don't think I've ever seen a case here where we rely on information based soley on Facebook posts. I don't mean any disrespect, but we don't even know this man's true age?

Deca...upthread you mentioned that maybe he had lost his job and hadn't told his family; that possibly he had an interview out in OR. I can see that happening...and then something went terribly wrong.

I don't know that area at all, but I do know these "hill" roads in NWA. Is it possible he ran out of gas, tried to walk to get gas, got hit by a car and wound up in a ravine? The information relayed was that Daryn's vehicle was located, "...on a roadside near a trail in Hood River County, Oregon which is near Mt. Hood." Are there lots of drop-offs along those roads...ones without barriers?

ETA: Also excellent point about the fur in the car. Nervous cats do shed an awful lot.

How is it that the local paper in OR didn't do a story about a car from Oklahoma belonging to a missing person being found at a trailhead?

I don't think I've ever seen a case here where we rely on information based soley on Facebook posts. I don't mean any disrespect, but we don't even know this man's true age?

Oh trust me....I am so very frustrated.........

koco's report:

http://www.koco.com/news/oklahomane...osed/-/11777584/20478776/-/pc4fu/-/index.html

Police: Body found near dumpster badly decomposed
Published 8:56 PM CDT Jun 07, 2013

A body found in a sleeping bag next to a dumpster at the Meadow Park Apartments had decomposed so much that the medical examiner has not yet determine a gender, according to Oklahoma City police.

(Address at link)

Oy. Yet another **##!! sleeping bag.

Well his sleeping bag was in his car, so this body is probably not him. Could be a homeless person?

The Namus entry on page 1 says 32.

How is it that the local paper in OR didn't do a story about a car from Oklahoma belonging to a missing person being found at a trailhead?

Again...I don't know! But I sure haven't been able to find a bloomin' thing either.

We are dealing with a dad, step-mom, and mom, all of whom seem to be contacting certain groups and bringing the info back. At the risk of sounding rude to family members, let's just say that 1/3 of that group may not be completely reliable or diligent in the reporting; that could have an impact on the skewed aspects of the story. And there are simply additional details of that night being added to the original story...either by the brother, or the family is just now adding them. But the NaMus indicates to me that the family didn't have the whole story the first go-round themselves.

I take it this is the same Daryn Collie.....
From 2007
http://www.outriangle.org/minutes.php?id=251

Meeting Minutes for 4-22-07 (Meeting #12)
Last modified: 2007-04-25
"Daryn Ray Collie: Yes, so, I lost my post at Crimson Park through no

fault of my own, so now I'm working at Leadership Square in OKC. It's

fewer hours and further way, and less entertaining."

Do you know if the Triangle Fraternity of the Oklahoma Chapter was notified of Daryn's disappearance?
From Wikipedia it states about Triangle Fraternities

"Triangle's beginnings came from the desire of some congenial college friends to extend their friendship, not only through college, but also for life."

Triangle Fraternity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe some of Daryn's college buddies would know more about Daryn's plans, or could help locate Daryn?

I take it this is the same Daryn Collie.....
From 2007
http://www.outriangle.org/minutes.php?id=251

Meeting Minutes for 4-22-07 (Meeting #12)
Last modified: 2007-04-25
"Daryn Ray Collie: Yes, so, I lost my post at Crimson Park through no

fault of my own, so now I'm working at Leadership Square in OKC. It's

fewer hours and further way, and less entertaining."

Do you know if the Triangle Fraternity of the Oklahoma Chapter was notified of Daryn's disappearance?
From Wikipedia it states about Triangle Fraternities

"Triangle's beginnings came from the desire of some congenial college friends to extend their friendship, not only through college, but also for life."

Triangle Fraternity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe some of Daryn's college buddies would know more about Daryn's plans, or could help locate Daryn?

I have attempted to contact Triangle with no success so far. That may be due to the time of year...regular school year over.

Some of Daryn's friends and associates have been spreading the word through their own pages, etc. So far I've not seen anything from anyone claiming to have seen him or had contact with him.

Just googling a bit about furries and they seem to be happy to meet up and hang out for an evening, even with people they don't know. For example here: https://www.facebook.com/okfurries

Maybe that's what he did and it went wrong? (I'm not saying he met somebody via this fb page, it's just an example.)

When they talk on the FindDarynRayCollie facebook page about the suit in the car, do they mean his fursuit?

ETA: gotta go now, keep digging y'all! We may be onto sth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa