Recovered/Located OK - Emily Reid, 24, vehicle found, phone turned off, Lawton, 10 August 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Possible vehicle of missing woman, Emily Reid.

LAWTON, Okla. (KSWO) - A vehicle was found at NE Lake and NE Trail Road that has tags which are linked to missing woman Emily Reid.

24-year-old Emily Reid was last reportedly seen yesterday off SE 75th St. and Woodlawn Road. She is 5 foot 9 inches tall with brown hair and brown eyes.

According to the post, her phone is currently off and was last pinged at NE Lake and NE Trail Road. If you see Reid you’re encouraged to call 911 or the Comanche County Sheriff’s Department at 580-353-4280.

Last edited:
View attachment 440476
*ugh, I’m disappointed in these little write-ups by my state.

To be completely fair - this isn't an article, they're just republishing the original press release. Most of the time the "by staff" byline is a press release. on the one hand, a reporter on it would mean she's been missing for a while, so I hope she's found soon.

AUG 12, 2023
[...]

The search for Reed began Thursday and included upwards of 60 people, according to Comanche County Sheriff Kenny Stradling.

He told News 9 a helicopter and two drones were also utilized during the search. Authorities also recovered clothing items near her abandoned vehicle.

[...]

On Saturday at 4 p.m., the search was suspended at 4 p.m. due to the severe weather.

AUG 12, 2023
[...]

The search for Reed began Thursday and included upwards of 60 people, according to Comanche County Sheriff Kenny Stradling.

He told News 9 a helicopter and two drones were also utilized during the search. Authorities also recovered clothing items near her abandoned vehicle.

[...]

On Saturday at 4 p.m., the search was suspended at 4 p.m. due to the severe weather.

Disturbing.

AUG 12, 2023
[...]

[...]

Oh wow, I watched the video at your link. "According to family & friends the 24 year-old possibly poses a danger to herself and others".

It's not good news. :(

AUG 13, 2023
Authorities believe they may have found missing 24-year-old Emily Reid.

Comanche County Sheriff, Kenny Stradley told 7News a body was found around 6 p.m. approximately one mile east of where a truck connected to Reidwas located on August 11th.

The local news releases report from oHP that she has been found but they have not released anything else.
Social media indicates the outcome is not good :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back