Deceased/Not Found OK - Faith Lindsey, 17, Seminole Co, 29 Oct 2019 *Arrest*

Full-blown search underway for missing Oklahoma teen | KFOR.com Oklahoma City

A search is underway for missing Oklahoma teen, Faith Lindsey, per Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women USA director, Deborah Shipman.

[...]

A vigil will be held in Lindsey’s honor on Saturday, November 14 from 12-2 p.m. in Ada, her hometown. It will mark one year since she disappeared.

View attachment 271342
Hmmm seems weird wording. A full blown search. I wonder what that means exactly.

https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetDoc...&bc=CC20100700000291&cn=CF-2019-00544&fmt=pdf

Preliminary hearing now set for 12/10. Other documents in link below. Defense filed a motion stating county did not have jurisdiction due to TW being a member of the Chickasaw nation. Motion denied.

OSCN Case Details

Then, there is this. It has been ruled about half of Oklahoma is actually Native American lands. I do not know if it will have a bearing n this case.

Supreme Court Rules That About Half Of Oklahoma Is Native American Land
Thank you so much for posting this link. I do believe this to be true. We’ve traveled most of Oklahoma at some time or other. So many believe Oklahoma to be so flat but it is some beautiful country with hills, mountains, plains, lakes and rivers. We always stop to read the signs and monuments relating to which of our five civilized tribes the land belongs to.

Hmmm seems weird wording. A full blown search. I wonder what that means exactly.
Not only a full-blown search, but in an (apparently) undisclosed location.
s1001.gif

Is it too much to hope that Tanner has started talking? A girl can dream, right? MOO

Not only a full-blown search, but in an (apparently) undisclosed location.
s1001.gif

Is it too much to hope that Tanner has started talking? A girl can dream, right? MOO
I am trying to find a story I saw about a landfill or dump being searched for a missing Norman endangered runaway. I didn’t think it would be Faith, but now I can’t find that story!

Attachments

• CC20080300000126.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Tanner Washington and his attorney filed a motion for the case to be dismissed since the alleged crime took place on Native American land and Tanner Washington is of Native American descent. The case now will be either handled in tribal court or federal court, I presume.

Half of Oklahoma Is Now Indian Country. What Does That Mean for Criminal Justice There?

Scrapper's post below indicates that the defence motion regarding Native land was dismissed.

https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetDoc...&bc=CC20100700000291&cn=CF-2019-00544&fmt=pdf

Preliminary hearing now set for 12/10. Other documents in link below. Defense filed a motion stating county did not have jurisdiction due to TW being a member of the Chickasaw nation. Motion denied.
<rsbm>

Went to look for an update. Looks like the matter on jurisdiction IS back on the table. The court records I’m accessing seem to not be full/complete. The handwriting is terrible, but I think this says the matter on jurisdiction will be heard in April.
https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetDoc...&bc=CC21020100000006&cn=CF-2019-00544&fmt=pdf

Anyone can access Oklahoma court records free. The website is OSCN.net then go to “case search”.

Faith Lindsey hasn’t been seen since October 28, 2019, at her Pauls Valley, Oklahoma home where the 17-year-old lived with her boyfriend, Tanner Washington. Her sister, Justice Lindsey, told Dateline she received texts from Faith’s boyfriend stating that he couldn’t find her. A short time later, she received text messages from Faith’s phone she said were misspelled and did not make any sense. Faith was reported missing by family members on November 4, 2019. In December 2019, the Del City Police arrested 24-year-old Tanner Washington on a first-degree murder charge in connection with her murder. The investigation is still open and ongoing as the OSBI works to locate Faith’s body. The OSBI is offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to the location of her body. She was described as 5’2”, 120 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. She had a tattoo on her abdomen of a key with the initials JL and SM, and a cross tattoo on her thumb. If you know something about Faith’s disappearance, or if you saw something unusual or suspicious around the time she vanished, please contact the OSBI at (800) 522-8017 or tips@osbi.ok.gov.
upload_2021-2-11_4-10-12.png
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

Tanner Washington and his attorney filed a motion for the case to be dismissed since the alleged crime took place on Native American land and Tanner Washington is of Native American descent. The case now will be either handled in tribal court or federal court, I presume.

Half of Oklahoma Is Now Indian Country. What Does That Mean for Criminal Justice There?

TW remains incarcerated in Pontotoc County. However, there are still no charges filed in OK Eastern District Court.

Pontotoc County Daily Inmate List

Oklahoma Counties by District - Where do I file? | Northern District of Oklahoma | United States Bankruptcy Court

Here is the link showing first degree murder charges have been filed in Pontotoc County against TW.

OSCN Case Details
Thanks, @Scrapper18. My understanding is the Defense filed a motion Feb 1, 2021 for dismissal (District Court of Pontotoc County) based on the subject of jurisdiction, pending court ruling by April 5, 2021.

IMO, the case will end up in U.S. Court - Eastern District by April -- if not before.

Very similar jurisdiction argument for defendant Amy Hall.

OK - Mom shoots her 3 children, killing 1, critically injuring 1 & grazing 3rd, Beggs, 01 Nov 2018

Oklahoma Eastern Live Database

Last edited:
Thanks, @Scrapper18. My understanding is the Defense filed a motion Feb 1, 2021 for dismissal (District Court of Pontotoc County) based on the subject of jurisdiction, pending court ruling by April 5, 2021.

IMO, the case will end up in U.S. Court - Eastern District by April -- if not before.

Very similar jurisdiction argument for defendant Amy Hall.

OK - Mom shoots her 3 children, killing 1, critically injuring 1 & grazing 3rd, Beggs, 01 Nov 2018

Oklahoma Eastern Live Database

Yes, saw that. It has the potential to be a huge ruling in Oklahoma as most land can be considered tribal lands. I’m really watching it to see what happens.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back