OK - Five Bever family members slain in their Broken Arrow home, 22 July 2015 *Guilty*

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/cour...cle_f09bbd60-2530-5736-aac2-f02e62a212c1.html

A Tulsa County judge postponed a preliminary hearing Friday for two brothers charged in the murders of five family members and will rule Monday on a challenge to the younger brother's adult charges.

The preliminary hearing for 16-year-old Michael Bever and 18-year-old Robert Bever, who are facing five counts of first-degree murder and one count of assault and battery with intent to kill, is now slated for Jan. 22. The brothers are being tried as adults and have pleaded not guilty.

---
David Bever, 52, received at least 28 "sharp force" wounds. Of those, 17 were in the torso, two were in the face and neck and nine were in his left arm and hand, according to the report. The document also indicates he suffered multiple blunt force injuries all over his body.

April Bever, 44, was stabbed 48 times, 18 of which were in the head and neck, according to her autopsy report. She also was stabbed 13 times in the torso and 17 times in her arms and hands, and suffered from blunt force trauma, primarily to her head and torso.
---
not to mention the children....

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loca...cle_0c5ae34d-95e2-55f6-8f9c-c7218f614bf9.html

WTF? So much anger. Why?

If I had to wager a guess I would say there was a lot of abuse going in that house.Maybe the Dad was the abuser and the mom was scared and covered it up.It would make sense since the kids were homeschooled and not really allowed to play with other children.No one would know.

If I had to wager a guess I would say there was a lot of abuse going in that house.Maybe the Dad was the abuser and the mom was scared and covered it up.It would make sense since the kids were homeschooled and not really allowed to play with other children.No one would know.

RSBM

If they were abused... why not asked to be placed in foster care ? Or run away and then asked to be made wards of the state ?
If they were "competent" enough to put this crime into action , then they could have slipped out when not being watched (at night ? ), and gone for help.

I think the district attorneys' decision to have the younger one tried as an adult is the right choice. Imo, at 16 years old he knew darn well right from wrong. I'm guessing he will say his brother forced him to commit these unspeakable crimes ; so it's a good thing ( mean that respectfully ) they filmed it -- as the footage will show just how much the younger brother was "coerced".
My sympathies again to the surviving siblings and extended family.
I feel badly for the jury who will have to sit through the testimony and see and hear things that will haunt them ---- wishing there was a way to spare them this !!!
:moo:

I think it would be unusual for abused kids to kill their younger siblings. Most spend every day trying to protect them and take the abuse so they don't get as much. These two boys are pure evil!!

MOO!!

That makes sense. The level of violence is so far beyond angry young man blames parents.
Otherwise, mental illness and or drugs might also be a factor.

Or d) all of the above.

??

I think it would be unusual for abused kids to kill their younger siblings. Most spend every day trying to protect them and take the abuse so they don't get as much. These two boys are pure evil!!

MOO!!

Unless in these boys heads that ultimately seemed to be the best way to protect them?

Just throwing that out there. Hard to say without knowing more about this family and their dynamics. Ugh.

I respectively disagree.

Everything I have read so far seems to indicate that the 2 boys were trying to become famous and outdo the Columbine murders. They had visions of grandeur.
Some mental illness for the older one played a part.

They had planned to kill more people when the ammo delivery came. I think they were just simply bored and mad at how their lives had turned out with growing up the way they had to grow up which was a little abnormal. And the older one seemed like he had some mental issues as well which was the icing on the cake.

When you live your life the way they had to with being isolated then they had no checks and balances on their crazy thinking. The motive was simple and stupid. Just wanting to be famous and resentment for how their lives were turning out and combined with mental illness for the older one. The younger one was talked into it and shared in the resentment part so he was coerced into it without much objection.

I cant link the article for some reason but here is summary of what it said that back up the potential motives.

The brothers hoped their bloody rampage would make them famous more than Columbine.
They had planned on going after more targets but were stopped when police showed up.

That makes sense. The level of violence is so far beyond angry young man blames parents.Otherwise, mental illness and or drugs might also be a factor.

Or d) all of the above.

??

I just posted a post before this one that I think helps explain it.
The reason for the multiple stabbings and horrible killings was to be over the top so they could become famous. They had planned to kill more outside the home and were stopped.

But yea some mental illness in the older one played a role. I think the younger one was coerced because he was so close to his older brother.

There is no doubt the parents were strict although I don't think it was physical abuse of the children. I do think their strict rules though kept the children too isolated and it didn't help the mental illness the older one had.

All JMO

Glad LE stopped them from killing more people. If they had managed to leave the home without LE on their tails then there is no telling how many more people would have gotten killed.

LE had a police dog go into the woods behind the house and that helped LE know where they were hiding. The sibling that called LE while injured saved some lives IMO. She is the true hero in this.

Its a sad story all the way around. I do hope the older one is never released because he will be dangerous his whole life IMO. I think he may have irrepairable mental issues and after doing what he already did then I think he will be a constant danger to society.

I think there is some hope for the younger one some years down the line.

I respectively disagree.

Everything I have read so far seems to indicate that the 2 boys were trying to become famous and outdo the Columbine murders. They had visions of grandeur.
Some mental illness for the older one played a part.

They had planned to kill more people when the ammo delivery came. I think they were just simply bored and mad at how their lives had turned out with growing up the way they had to grow up which was a little abnormal. And the older one seemed like he had some mental issues as well which was the icing on the cake.

When you live your life the way they had to with being isolated then they had no checks and balances on their crazy thinking. The motive was simple and stupid. Just wanting to be famous and resentment for how their lives were turning out and combined with mental illness for the older one. The younger one was talked into it and shared in the resentment part so he was coerced into it without much objection.

I cant link the article for some reason but here is summary of what it said that back up the potential motives.

The brothers hoped their bloody rampage would make them famous more than Columbine.
They had planned on going after more targets but were stopped when police showed up.

Thank you for explaining this so well. No checks and balances indeed. The endgame here is so twisted I can't even wrap my head around it. I wonder if the older brother ever had a psych evaluation before this all went down, or if the parents were in denial, or even had a clue. Surely, they had a clue.

The world has changed much since I was their age.

To raise your kids like that indicates to me that the parents had issues.

Did they feel that they were better and they did not want their kids tainted ?

Ed Gein's mother told him how they were superior to others.

Something Oedipal was going on, something dark, sanguinary, primal.

I wonder if they killed their pets or neighborhood pets first.

Affidavit: Packages of ammunition scheduled to be delivered to older Bever brother day after July killings

Investigators discovered on July 23 that packages addressed to Robert Bever were scheduled to be delivered by FedEx that day
In a search warrant returned on Dec. 11, Broken Arrow Detective Gayla Adcock confirmed that the boxes contained ammunition. The documents do not elaborate on what type of ammunition or what caliber.
Since charges were filed, search warrant affidavits have revealed one of the brothers “spontaneously uttered” that plans for a “mass homicide” could be found on a thumb drive inside one of the bedrooms.
Court records related to the affidavits state police have recovered surveillance cameras, multiple computers, a computer thumb drive, a hatchet and protective gear, such as a balaclava hood and Kevlar knit sleeves, from the house.

Broken Arrow killings: Preliminary hearing rescheduled for Bever brothers

Robert Bever, 18, and his brother Michael Bever, 16, will appear in court at 1 p.m. Feb. 23, according to a brief statement issued by the Tulsa County District Attorney’s Office. Proceedings had been set to begin Jan. 22.

Court OKs adult status for teen in Broken Arrow family slayings

Michael Bever, who was 16 at the time of the deaths, challenged the ruling that rejected defense attorneys' request that he be certified as a youthful offender.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back