Found Deceased OK - Jarral Osburn, 36, Sand Springs, 28 Aug 2012

Pardon me if I've missed this but was OSBI ever involved in the case?

not sure if OSBI has gotten involved in this case or not? i assume its just local sand springs pd/sheriff but im not sure?

not sure if OSBI has gotten involved in this case or not? i assume its just local sand springs pd/sheriff but im not sure?
May not be in their remit to work missing persons cases. High profile ones? They'd be involved I bet.

The car was parked and locked in the road, not on the side of the road-correct? I suppose that folks might have assumed it had run out of gas or something, but I wonder when it was called in to be towed and who called?

We need to be a little bit careful about discussing JC unless there is a specific reason to believe that he didnt cooperate fully with the investigation. I have no doubt whatsoever that PD was all over him. Drugs, last seen, abandoned vehicle, missing man....they would have made sure they could rule any aspect of his story in or out.

The car was parked and locked in the road, not on the side of the road-correct? I suppose that folks might have assumed it had run out of gas or something, but I wonder when it was called in to be towed and who called?

We need to be a little bit careful about discussing JC unless there is a specific reason to believe that he didnt cooperate fully with the investigation. I have no doubt whatsoever that PD was all over him. Drugs, last seen, abandoned vehicle, missing man....they would have made sure they could rule any aspect of his story in or out.

i had to go back and re-read that "circumstance" and it reads indeed it was locked and abandoned in the roadway...
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/18249
the other news sites i googled dont confrim in the middle of the roadway or on the side of the road...just tells us the car was abandoned...

fwiw, yes you are right. im sure jc has been ?'ed and ?'ed and ?'ed some more esp given what was involved...we will have to tread lightly on that...:worms: and :deadhorse:

I think the vehicle being in the roadway and locked is significant, fwiw. I mean, it was a quick getaway that precluded parking the vehicle or ditching it in anyone of a number of good spots that would have been off the road....or, perhaps something someone would do if they werent in complete control of themselves. I mean a vehicle in the roadway is going to be found, noticed, processed more quickly than a car that was off the road or stashed. JMO.

I think the vehicle being in the roadway and locked is significant, fwiw. I mean, it was a quick getaway that precluded parking the vehicle or ditching it in anyone of a number of good spots that would have been off the road....or, perhaps something someone would do if they werent in complete control of themselves. I mean a vehicle in the roadway is going to be found, noticed, processed more quickly than a car that was off the road or stashed. JMO.

very interesting point tells me one of a few things....#1)wonder if jarral was having mechanical problems w/ the car( eg transmission, engine, alternator,ect) and couldnt at least push it off the road? especially if his ankle had surgery and from what i understood couldnt walk very far because of the ankle surgery?? and if he was not sober, car acts up, cant very well push it, just left it and locked it up? again i dont know what kind of traffic is on that road..(ie not much traffic, less likely to flag someone down for help or a jump start or what have you. and then of course the SUPPOSED rough area, where you may NOT want to have someone flagged down??) i know that is wishful thinking vs something more sinsiter, possiblity #2) is he was abducted/taken against his will...you figure it had to be a lone person because if there was more people involved in this "abduction", surely someone else would have at least parked the car on side of the road or hid it even/less likely to find or at least buy them more time until his car was found? but even if it was a lone kidnapper if you will, in a rush to leave the car there, in the middle of the road no less, but had enough time to lock the doors?:waitasec:

ps- the area again in one of the websites the comments indicated it was a rough area. now what is "rough"? crime/gang activity? run down-dilapadated houses?? both?? ( from what google maps shows there are a few houses but nothing that to me screams urban decay??) i dont know

I've just remembered something.
Maybe he has taken the meth and he was having some kind of psychotic episode or hallucinations from it?

I once had a friend who began to take meth. In the begin stages he was just very funny and entertaining and we all thought he was frequently drunk, drinking vodka or something that doesn't smell. Later it became obvious it was something else and he had episodes of hallucinations and paranoia and whatnot. One of his obsessions was already in the early stages -already when we still had no idea-, that his car was acting weird, and can't drive it further because the engine would fail and that would cost a lot of money. He always left his car then locked up where he was at that time. As far as I know he never left it on the road, though. Although, that could just be because he was living and driving around in a big city with big traffic day and night, so that wasn't a possibility.
Maybe something like this happened to Jarral and coupled with some paranoia that someone is after him he just left it there and run to hide somewhere and something happened to him thereafter.

I also can see like something happened at the dealer's/his friend's house and the car and call was staged, but why would then they leave the car on the road? Or was it just parked somewhere next to the road?

It's also a possibility he went to sell somewhere and that went wrong.

Maybe this whole meth thing has nothing to do with his disappearance at all.

fyi this is the article/link ( from tulsa world site)
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20120925_11_0_SANDSP266296

some of the comments in this article-

blindshoe (4 months ago)
6500 north cincinnati boy o boy not want to be there day or night

HOGRIDER (4 months ago)
I only go there on Google earth.
(and reply to that comment)=

Supermommy (4 months ago)
And at street level, I'm scared for the poor fellow driving the Google car.

myopinion (4 months ago)
Osburn, car was towed from 6500 N. Cincinnati, I doubt if this man will ever be found alive.
(reply to this one)-
clowngirl (4 months ago)
My opinion, I thought the same thing. When I saw N. Cincinnati my stomach and heart plunged. That is not good news.

lastly this one confrims area does not have much traffic in it=
Jonette (4 months ago)
In that area there is not much traffic. If there is a car abandoned just sitting, it sticks out and is real obvious. I can see someone calling about it pretty quick.

I've lived in the area for about 20 years and as far as I know, that area is out by Sperry and Turley. Not so much dangerous as "white trash" and a heavy meth area. Jmo

Also wanted to add...its a two lane road out there, so saying it was left in the road may just mean pulled to the side. Jmo

I've lived in the area for about 20 years and as far as I know, that area is out by Sperry and Turley. Not so much dangerous as "white trash" and a heavy meth area. Jmo

:bow: Welcome to the thread Pinkie!! Thank you for your contributions!!

So there are a few different interpretations as to why he would have been in the area-either he was on his way home or perhaps he had some more business to transact.

Frankly, I am not trying to have tunnel vision, but a possibly high, perhaps paranoid, Jarral with an ankle injury screams dumping a car in the road to me.

It isn't really an area you'd be in unless you meant to...or got really lost while high. It isn't too far off hwy 75 which he could have used to get from Collinsville to Sand Springs. Maybe he got off on 56th St N and got lost trying to go back to C'ville? I really hope they've searched the fields.

:bow: Welcome to the thread Pinkie!! Thank you for your contributions!!

So there are a few different interpretations as to why he would have been in the area-either he was on his way home or perhaps he had some more business to transact.

Frankly, I am not trying to have tunnel vision, but a possibly high, perhaps paranoid, Jarral with an ankle injury screams dumping a car in the road to me.

amen!!! welcome and thank you pinkigreen!!! your insight and knowledge of the area will be very useful and informative!! thanks again for taking the time to contribute to this thread!:rocker:

It isn't really an area you'd be in unless you meant to...or got really lost while high. It isn't too far off hwy 75 which he could have used to get from Collinsville to Sand Springs. Maybe he got off on 56th St N and got lost trying to go back to C'ville? I really hope they've searched the fields.

BBM-If you had a chance to look at Google Maps, what would be your best guess as to direction given where his car was, do you think? And is the vegetation in the fields thick and brushy?

I know that there was an indication LE went out on horseback, but I think you can lose alot without a grid search. They may have done a grid search as well...idk.

BBM-If you had a chance to look at Google Maps, what would be your best guess as to direction given where his car was, do you think? And is the vegetation in the fields thick and brushy?

I know that there was an indication LE went out on horseback, but I think you can lose alot without a grid search. They may have done a grid search as well...idk.

It depends exactly where his car was. Right where MLK turns into Cincinnati at 66th St N is all trees but a little further south is wide open fields, a pond, and a school at 63rd St N. Right now everything is brown and dead as far as vegetation goes.

I wonder if he knew someone that lives in Turley?

Its a pretty well traveled road...I'm surprised nobody saw anything.

It depends exactly where his car was. Right where MLK turns into Cincinnati at 66th St N is all trees but a little further south is wide open fields, a pond, and a school at 63rd St N. Right now everything is brown and dead as far as vegetation goes.

I wonder if he knew someone that lives in Turley?

Its a pretty well traveled road...I'm surprised nobody saw anything.

You anticipated my next question. That is kind of why I was wondering about his abandoned vehicle and when it was called in. MSM reports that it was picked up and towed on the morning of the 29th, right? I wonder if LE saw it and called in to have it towed.

I bet it would be worthwhile to get a few flyers up around that area and in common gathering places to see if someone who saw his vehicle or passed his vehicle on that day had anything they could add.

I'd bet LE called it in to be towed. Out there, they don't have much else to do. Jmo

So an abandoned car on that road might be noticed by LE pretty quickly, perhaps. And because the area has illicit activity, there are probably some regular patrols.

That brings me to the time the car was abandoned. I wonder if any passer by would have seen something? Unless vehicles are dumped there all of the time...

MLK/N Cincinnati is the main "back way" from Tulsa, through Turley, to Sperry, used mostly if trying to avoid main roads or because you're there for a reason. There's a million better places to ditch a car around here.

It was never said if there was any problem with the car or if it was out of gas...I wonder about that. It would be pretty darn dark out there and easy to get lost especially if under the influence. JMO

MLK/N Cincinnati is the main "back way" from Tulsa, through Turley, to Sperry, used mostly if trying to avoid main roads or because you're there for a reason. There's a million better places to ditch a car around here.

It was never said if there was any problem with the car or if it was out of gas...I wonder about that. It would be pretty darn dark out there and easy to get lost especially if under the influence. JMO

Good point. I bet that would be easy enough to find out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeepingKat
Back