GUILTY OK - John, 50, Joy, 48, & Katherine Hruby, 17, murdered, Duncan, 9 Oct 2014

This thing is going to stay with me for a while. The stupidity of this kid...I don't know. Surely his parents would not have let him go to jail for the credit card fraud, they would have worked something out so he could repay it. Smh.

http://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticl...ghtful-beneficiary-a-582512.html#.VKccMcbhoWc

American Fidelity Insurance Company filed a petition Wednesday calling for the court to determine the rightful beneficiary of John Hruby's life insurance policies, which total $20,000, after his death, allegedly at the hands of his son, who is jailed for the slayings...

Hruby, charged with first-degree murder for the deaths on Oct. 15, could be disqualified from receiving the insurance money, and if he is, the money will go to BancFirst, which is serving as representative of John Hruby's estate.

Insurance company fights $20,000 pay out to 'shopaholic' son of newspaper publisher who 'confessed to murdering entire family to cash in on policy'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssed-murdering-entire-family-cash-policy.html

From Blondie's link:
"A life insurance company has asked an Oklahoma judge to decide whether they should be forced to hand over $20,000 to a teen accused of murdering his entire family in order to cash in on the policy....."

"... American Fidelity Assurance Co. this week petitioned a judge to disqualify him from receiving the policy proceeds..."
"....The company says it can deny Hruby the money because of his alleged role in his family members' death, but needs the judge's approval...."
"....The insurance company asked Stephens County Associate District Judge Brent Russell to decide whether or not they must pay out the policy
."

The article gives the impression that the life ins co is taking adversarial stance in not paying out to son Alan.

I wonder if it would be more accurate to say, ins co's ct filing states (oversimplifying by paraphrase) ---
Mom, primary benef. is dead, as is sister, one of two contingent benef, and we know Alan other cont.benef h/n charged w their deaths.
The co has $$$ payable on John's death and will pay it out to whoever the ct says, it should be paid to.

Sometimes w ct filing, ins co tenders check for death benefit, in effect saying -- Judge, you decide, we're outta here.

What the what did this dude think he was doing?
Sad, sad, sad for this family.

Self-professed 'shopaholic' who 'murdered parents and 17-year-old sister to get his inheritance' weeps in court as housekeeper describes finding the three bodies

Alan Hruby has been charged with three counts of first-degree murder

Prosecutors say the 20-year-old shot dead his father John, mother Joy 'Tinker' and sister Katherine on October 9 in order to get his inheritance

At a court hearing on Tuesday, Hruby cried and trembled in court as the family's longtime housekeeper described finding the bodies

A judge is deciding whether there is enough evidence for the prosecution to push forward and bring the case to trial

Hruby is currently serving a three-year sentence for taking out a credit card in his grandmother's name

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ribes-finding-three-bodies.html#ixzz3dH9Od0xy

From June 16-17th article, linked by Joan Friday^. From pre-trial hearing, from housekeeper:

"In addition to describing the day she found the bodies, Chavez also spoke in court about comforting Katherine just a month before the shootings, when the teen came to her crying over her brother's recent behavior.

"'Katherine was crying and said, "Alan's up to his old tricks again,"' she said. 'Katherine said she was told Alan was telling his friends about how he was going to end up killing them.'Chavez tried to comfort the teen by saying her brother was just 'blowing off steam.'" bbm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ribes-finding-three-bodies.html#ixzz3g7ZpO8w4

July 13 link below: From letter Alan wrote "last week" (per copy in my next post, date = June 2 or June 20-something).

"He was notified last month that prosecutors would seek the death penalty.

'I 100% welcome the death penelty (sic),'he wrote in a letter to The Oklahoman.
'What occured (sic) is so horrible it isdeserved. It is so unspeakable.' "

"... went on to write that he didn't'feel like myself' on that fateful day.
'Why? I'm still trying to work it out.Trying to figure it all out,' he wrote."

"Hruby defending himself in the letters, writing 'the tears have allbeen REAL!'
"'This has been by far the hardest thing I have ever done,' he wrote.'I lost my entire family at once!! How could they not be real."

"Hruby ended the letter by saying his lead defense attorney, MitchSolomon, would be 'fuming if he knew' the 20-year-old has written The Oklahomana letter
." bbm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3159665/Alan-Hruby-said-welcomes-death-penalty-allegedly-murdering-parents-sister.html#ixzz3g7YumqDK

What-the-what?!?
"...lost my entire family at once..." What was he thinking? In writing ^this to newspaper, did he think this made him sympathetic?
Did he think it was exculpatory?

(Reminds me of a bad, old joke about a defendant. Charged w killing his parents, the teen said in court - 'I beg the judge for mercy, because I'm an orphan.')

JM2cts, could be all wrong.

From July 13 article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nalty-allegedly-murdering-parents-sister.html

2A7FEBB200000578-0-image-a-35_1436808222284.jpg

So sad thinking that his poor sister was crying about her brother wanting to murder the family, then he does it.

Well, that letter should make the jury's job easy!
PrairieWind
Yes, it should, but...

Since ~Jan or Feb(?), Alan Hruby has bn in the slam on prior conviction (unauth'ed use of Grandmother's credit card and/or checks, some kind of stealing offense). Whose advice is he following? His cellie? Pod-mates? Does not seem to be following (what I'd azz-ume, to be) atty's advice.

Why did he write a newspaper (editor, publisher or owner?) a couple weeks ago? Did he think -
- because his parents had a newspaper, Nolan (recipient) would keep letter on the QT for him?
Letter opens: "Thank you for reaching out for a comment. There are a few things I do not want to comment on at this point in time. But I will answer some of it." Seems like he was writing for attribution.
- his letter to a newspaper was beyond a subpoena's reach?
- pen & paper communication (pre-SocMedia techniques) could not be discovered & used against him.
- or know (for ex, watched a season of Law & Order) his SocMedia could be recovered & used against him by prosecution? Presumably he has not had access for months. Seems weird-funny if he genuinely thinks letters cd/not be used in evd against him, but thinks SocMedia could be used (surely he knows that by now, right?).

"This didn't happen because of shopping. This shopping wasn't something I or my parents could not pay. They just thought my spending was out of control, and it was." If Alan could have paid on his own, who was stopping him? Why didn't he? Who is he trying to persuade w this letter? I doubt if he convinced anyone other than himself.

His letter concluded:
"You're right. Mitch [atty] would be fuming if he knew I replied. That will be a fun meeting. He has been harping about me writing family & friends."
Seems Alan Hruby -
- knows his atty will learn of letter & contents.
- knows atty w/be irritated he is ignoring legal advice.
- has already bn admonished by his atty for ignoring advice by writing letters before.

Letter & actions show some confused thinking or mixed signals, but imo, more bull-headed - pretention? stupidity? arrogance? Letter may not make jury's job a slam-dunk but should make it easier.

JM2cts, could be all wrong.

Personally I think he wrote the letter to try and keep people from giving him the death penalty. That was my feeling when I first read it. Sort of like "I'm not really such a bad guy, don't kill me".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back