OK OK - Mannford, UncFem 21-35, UP12202, pubis defect, terry cloth 'Mistra' dress & bootie, Aug'82

@LaborDayRN , also our favorite nurse, who may have a great deal of knowledge about pubis defects.

jmho ymmv lrr
:)
The description of the injury is rather vague but it may have been caused by a car accident.

What causes a pelvic fracture?

Most pelvic fractures happen during high-speed accidents (such as car or motorcycle crashes) or falls from great heights. Pelvic fractures can also occur spontaneously or after minor falls in people with bone-weakening diseases such as osteoporosis. Less commonly, pelvic fractures may occur during high-impact athletic activities.
Pelvic Fracture | Cedars-Sinai

Or perhaps it was postpartum symphysis pubis diastasis. ??
Postpartum symphysis pubis diastasis
I'm leaning toward some type of injury that may have healed on it's own.

I still think this is a good possibility. .

Admittedly, I have had a lot going on and forgot to submit. Michael Nance is the NamUs contact for both Kathleen Royce and the UID, so I emailed him with details a few minutes ago. I’ll keep all of you updated if I hear back. Thanks for reminding me! :)

Admittedly, I have had a lot going on and forgot to submit. Michael Nance is the NamUs contact for both Kathleen Royce and the UID, so I emailed him with details a few minutes ago. I’ll keep all of you updated if I hear back. Thanks for reminding me! :)

Received the “thank you for the submission” email that says NamUs staff will review and pass along to investigation agencies.

2 exclusions listed on NamUs:

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP8816Judie Munguia
Date of Last ContactMay 28, 1981
StateTX
CountyEctor

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP35284Deborah Farmer
Date of Last ContactJune 01, 1981
StateOK
CountyOklahoma

Case Photo

StateTX
CountyEctor

Case Photo

StateOK
CountyOklahoma
Still the same two ruleouts listed today. I’ll follow up on Kathleen Henson

Still the same two ruleouts listed today. I’ll follow up on Kathleen Henson
I would certainly be interested. It would be nice, as old as this case is, if the PD would look into it again, and maybe publicly release the man they suspected of the crimes name. Apparent, he was a fellow that was known to police and did not have the best reputation. Of course Kathleen had recently had the man's child, meaning he would have been on the hook for child support. It certainly would not be the first killing of a mother to avoid that.

The $64,000 question is whether he took the child and gave him to someone else to raise as their own, or if he killed them both?

I would certainly be interested. It would be nice, as old as this case is, if the PD would look into it again, and maybe publicly release the man they suspected of the crimes name. Apparent, he was a fellow that was known to police and did not have the best reputation. Of course Kathleen had recently had the man's child, meaning he would have been on the hook for child support. It certainly would not be the first killing of a mother to avoid that.

The $64,000 question is whether he took the child and gave him to someone else to raise as their own, or if he killed them both?
Those guys pretty much always kill the child, too.

Case Photo

StateTX
CountyEctor

Case Photo

StateOK
CountyOklahoma

Two more exclusions:

MP36410 Denise Beaudin 11/26/1981 Hillsborough NH
MP7578 Donna Kingston 05/11/1984 Cherokee OK

Two more exclusions:

MP36410 Denise Beaudin 11/26/1981 Hillsborough NH
MP7578 Donna Kingston 05/11/1984 Cherokee OK

I'm not sure why someone who went missing two years after this UID was found would need to be ruled out, but at least PD is working on the case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ81
Back