Found Deceased OK - Mark Chastain, Billy Chastain, Mike Sparks, Alex Stevens, Okmulgee, 9 Oct 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the chances that these guys were in some gang? If you look at their social media, theses three all weird masks on in some of their photos.
I made the same comment up a bit. Each of them has a weird skeleton/clown mask. It is strange to me, and then to take off to a salvage yard after dark on a Sunday night? Now, found in a river in a very rural area.

MOO. Very strange case. I was thinking about how LE knows the men went to two salvage yards and a gas station Sunday night. I don't recall any mention of eyewitnesses from those locations, but instead possibly LE is using phone data? If true, then I'm wondering whether it's possible that the phone could have been taken by someone else who went (drove) to those locations. Would like to know if any eyewitnesses saw any of the four men on their bikes at these locations or others on Sunday night. MOO
SHULTER, Oklahoma – Five people were arrested, including a juvenile, in business break-in and shooting that left one person wounded near Schulter in Okmulgee County.

Okmulgee County Sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a gunshot victim about 2 p.m. Saturday at A&A Auto Salvage in the 21000 block of South 236 Road.

The business owner told deputies he had interrupted six individuals who were in the process of burglarizing his business. One of the alleged burglars, 27-year-old Robert Skinner, was shot.

The other five fled the area but were later arrested. Tommy Frair, 20; Amanda Lee, 25; David Slack, 24; and Eric Skinner, 32 were booked into the Okmulgee County Jail.

Article from 2012 - I'm not sure how many salvage yards there are in Okmulgee, but this happened at one of them.

SHULTER, Oklahoma – Five people were arrested, including a juvenile, in business break-in and shooting that left one person wounded near Schulter in Okmulgee County.

Okmulgee County Sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a gunshot victim about 2 p.m. Saturday at A&A Auto Salvage in the 21000 block of South 236 Road.

The business owner told deputies he had interrupted six individuals who were in the process of burglarizing his business. One of the alleged burglars, 27-year-old Robert Skinner, was shot.

The other five fled the area but were later arrested. Tommy Frair, 20; Amanda Lee, 25; David Slack, 24; and Eric Skinner, 32 were booked into the Okmulgee County Jail.

Article from 2012 - I'm not sure how many salvage yards there are in Okmulgee, but this happened at one of them.
That is the big salvage yard South of Okmulgee on the W side of 75 that has the railroad tracks running adjacent. It is supposedly the one the men visited 2nd (after stopping by the gas station) and where at least one of their cell phones last pinged.

That is the big salvage yard South of Okmulgee on the W side of 75 that has the railroad tracks running adjacent. It is supposedly the one the men visited 2nd (after stopping by the gas station) and where at least one of their cell phones last pinged.
I am trying to stay victim friendly but do want to ask a pertinent question----could they have been looking for copper, scrape metals, etc in those salvage yards?

I am trying to stay victim friendly but do want to ask a pertinent question----could they have been looking for copper, scrape metals, etc in those salvage yards?
Unclear. I would like to ask again the same question I saw a few replies back by someone else - Does anybody happen to know where any of these guys work? Could their disappearance be related to one or more of the guys' employment?

ETA:

Also - The fact that the bikes have disappeared as well... I've seen/read news stories where people have concealed things in bike frames. Is it possible this was about the recovery of their bicycles?

I haven't followed this case that close so I don't know a lot of details. Are the men familiar with this area? Im tryin to picture three men with body parts hanging out of the water and after reading about the beer cans wondered could they have been doin whatever and all decided to dive in the water together or something??

I'm like 95% sure that the cookie crumbled that way; because of the bikes, the trailers and the route from one of their houses to the salvage yard. Perhaps they met a big bad wolf @ salvage yard #1 (with or without a pack) and the wolf wasn't going to leave any survivors/witnesses this time. All I know for sure is that this case gives me Ozark vibes.

Last edited:
Catalytic converter and copper thefts have been very common here lately and that's what I personally think these guys were up to. I'm not positive the salvage yards would even be open at 8 pm on a Sunday in the bible belt. So if they actually were going to SY's for parts, they were probably stealing them. Jmo. I assume they got caught up with the wrong people somehow. What's really bothering me is that there is someone or a group of someone's in this town who was capable of killing 4 grown men and putting their bodies into the river. Whether the men were out stealing or scheming is irrelevant now.

Could it be something as simple as a car hitting them all accidentally? Panic ensues, driver gathers all evidence and disposes of it?

ETA - it doesn’t seem like a lot of thought/effort went into disposing of the bodies, so it seems like a panic reaction to quickly get rid of four men.

Until they are able to search more of the river for evidence, investigators also won’t be able to determine whether foul play was involved, though Prentice said the bodies’ location itself could prove foul play.

All the men reportedly were on bicycles when they were last seen, but Prentice said no bicycles were found in a preliminary search of the area.

The area where the remains were discovered was in the opposite direction from where cellphone data indicated they had been after they left on their bicycles.

The phone data showed the men going east of town, then south on U.S. 75, so investigators hadn’t considered this area for a search.

Interesting….I thought the last location was leaving Billy’s house.

“Reporter - When you say that they had left the residence - Which residence had they left?

Chief - There is a residence that is associated with Billy Chastain. He stayed there but I don't know that he lived there full time and it is on W 6th St. they left that residence, presumably together and that's all we know.”

Was Billy sofa hopping or transient?
This is all so very strange.
JMO

Staying at a girlfriends maybe?.
Unclear. I would like to ask again the same question I saw a few replies back by someone else - Does anybody happen to know where any of these guys work? Could their disappearance be related to one or more of the guys' employment?

ETA:

Also - The fact that the bikes have disappeared as well... I've seen/read news stories where people have concealed things in bike frames. Is it possible this was about the recovery of their bicycles?

Alex's fb says he worked at Okmulgee cemetery, but I don't know if that's current,and I read one of them was a roofer,but that's speculation on my part because I can't remember where I saw it.
MOO

The search on Wednesday was in the area surrounding a salvage yard near Schulter, where investigators got a GPS location ping from Mark Chastain’s cell phone.

According to the chief, the investigation has shown the men visited a salvage yard west of Okmulgee, then stopped at a Murphy’s gas station. They then stopped at a different salvage yard near Schulter, where Mark Chastain’s phone either died or turned off.

IMO this will end up being the four men and being foul play. I still am going with my previous theory that something happened at that second salvage yard - perhaps they were there for nefarious purposes and got caught. Though they are four seemingly fit and able-bodied men, they would still not be a match for a gun, for instance. Or if there was more than one perp.

IMO they were probably killed and taken from the area in a vehicle. Their bikes got disposed of elsewhere. One or more individuals drove them to this bridge under the cover of night and dumped them in this river. Since no one was really searching this area, they could have been in this river since night 1. All my speculation of course.

We know the 4 men were on bikes.
I wonder if the other 2 were, also.

Report says 4 males recovered. The reporting said possibly up to 6 males left the house, but it has never been confirmed that it was 6 males...SO IMO the other 2 never existed and has been only the 4 males that left the house, so until i see a confirmation by LE, I'm going with just the 4 males.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holliryann