Found Deceased OK - Mark Chastain, Billy Chastain, Mike Sparks, Alex Stevens, Okmulgee, 9 Oct 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I must ask: he "drove"? What did he drive in? What did haul the remains in? His truck was defunkt. Or did he have more than one vehicle?
His truck was defunkt?
JK had a plethora of vehicles at both locations and he was a licensed scrap metal hauler.
I'm sure he had a number of driveable junkers/trucks and he definitely had a PT Cruiser that he left in Morris OK when he fled.
He is also capable of stealing a vehicle.
We will know when they tell us what they saw at the gas station.
Who else would take the phone from his Okmuglee yard, to the gas station, then to his hwy yard/home? Then ditch his own car, steal a car, and flee?
Not to beat a dead horse, my California father quite often offered me a lickin'. And I had a Timex watch when I was a kid because they were so durable.

His truck was defunkt?
JK had a plethora of vehicles at both locations and he was a licensed scrap metal hauler.
I'm sure he had a number of driveable junkers/trucks and he definitely had a PT Cruiser that he left in Morris OK when he fled.
He is also capable of stealing a vehicle.
We will know when they tell us what they saw at the gas station.
Who else would take the phone from his Okmuglee yard, to the gas station, then to his hwy yard/home? Then ditch his own car, steal a car, and flee?
The missing piece of info is, that if he's the murderer, why haven't we heard anything about blood being found in one of his vehicles? Maybe since he was only a POI, police didn't get a search warrant for his vehicles? This is why I've been asking, what did he haul the remains in to the river, if he was the perp. Where's the blood? I guess they haven't been able to investigate him and his vehicles yet, only the scene of the crime, which wasn't on his property.

Last edited:
The missing piece of info is, that if he's the murderer, why haven't we heard anything about blood being found in one of his vehicles? Maybe since he was only a POI, police didn't get a search warrant for his vehicles? This is why I've been asking, what did he haul the remains in to the river, if he was the perp. Where's the blood? I guess they. haven't been able to investigate him yet, only the scene of the crime, which wasn't on his property, apparently.
They are not going to release that kind of info for some time. Kind of gruesome, but once he dismembered them, almost all the body fluids would quickly be on the ground. Of course, there is still going to be some in the vehicle.

I remember a case quite a while back where a business owner who'd been robbed previously rigged a metal cage underneath his skylight to electrocute anyone attempting to enter through the skylight. I found a link; I think this is it:

ETA: Another link. The grand jury did not indict.
Play stupid games… win stupid prizes.

I'm in the US: This is the first time I have ever heard the term, "Hit a lick"...I had to look it up.
I'm 65 years old and read lots of true crime book. I've read lots of books about the Mafia. The Mafia has crews of low level types which do lots of fencing and dirty work, but I've never heard the term, "Hit a lick"
"Hit a lick' is more of a young gang culture slang term. You hear it a lot on the 'first 48' tv show, with young gang members.

What a funny topic for the thread to have landed on in lack of further case information. "Lick" is a phonetically simple word that will of course have multiple separate origins (since it's sure to come up in any developing language and be assigned a meaning). Generally speaking, in English "lick" as a verb usually means to lap at something with the tongue but when it's a noun it means "a small amount" which I believe is derived from its Irish origin.

What's funny is that even though they're essentially two different words, there is enough of an overlap to inspire us to play armchair etymologist, like "well, when you lick an ice cream cone you're taking a small amount away from it" or whatever and it doesn't help that there is a second meaning of "lick" as a verb meaning to beat, which probably is related to the noun form but has been cited in much earlier writings.

All of these meanings, not to mention the phonetic simplicity make it enduringly popular to use in colloquialisms and I have no doubt that if and when a Netflix series inspired by this case appears it will be titled "Hit a Lick"

Yes, y'all don't get lost in the weeds about the term. It just means something of value to steal. That meaning has been around for at least 15 years. How do I know? I heard it used a lot on the reality show The First 48. TF48 junkie here.
It is a common phrase in African American vernacular originally meaning a liquor store robbery...notably used in rap music...first used in that way by Scarface in the early 90's later used by many other rappers. Since these guys were juggaloes (ICP is a rap group) I think it is safe to assume rap is where they picked up that phrase. Watch the video of the grandma and the young ladies talking about the brother saying "itn't it" etc...AA vernacular again...that is one part of their cultural modus operandi imo.

Last edited:
What a funny topic for the thread to have landed on in lack of further case information. "Lick" is a phonetically simple word that will of course have multiple separate origins (since it's sure to come up in any developing language and be assigned a meaning). Generally speaking, in English "lick" as a verb usually means to lap at something with the tongue but when it's a noun it means "a small amount" which I believe is derived from its Irish origin.

What's funny is that even though they're essentially two different words, there is enough of an overlap to inspire us to play armchair etymologist, like "well, when you lick an ice cream cone you're taking a small amount away from it" or whatever and it doesn't help that there is a second meaning of "lick" as a verb meaning to beat, which probably is related to the noun form but has been cited in much earlier writings.

All of these meanings, not to mention the phonetic simplicity make it enduringly popular to use in colloquialisms and I have no doubt that if and when a Netflix series inspired by this case appears it will be titled "Hit a Lick"
I grew up with this word in Eastern Kentucky (settled by Irish). “A lick and a promise” meant a small amount or effort. “I’ll give you a lickin” meant you’d get whipped. “He ain’t worth a lick” means he’s no good or not worth much.

JK owns many, many, properties in Okmulgee County and beyond. There is a very nice property listed. Earlier a poster stated he lived on the scrap yard premises, IMO I don't think that's true.
I am the poster that gave that information. I found an addressed house on that property, which is his on his business license address also. Reading a number of sources in that town, before he was publicly named, this same info was being given. He has to watch his properties because of the thefts. He is a well-known "landlord", most of those properties are unimproved lots, and several small rental types houses, 2 are for the bar, with another owner, but I think I see the one that could be nice. Of note, a female of the same age/last name, makes the tax payments.
I used a couple of address history websites and saw he has been associated with a couple of the small houses addresses in residential areas. He could possibly live on another property, but it was not involved in this crime, as far as we know.
While looking at addresses, I noticed that the female listed on the properties, a female of the same age and name lives in Melbourne Florida, with a prior post office box in OK, the same as JK.
I wonder if he was headed there, it is directly south of where he was apprehended.
Edit to add, if he lives elsewhere, well then I ASSumed

Last edited:
My opinion/specualtion, He has cameras/sensors/listening devices at both his salvage yards and he was most likely at home at that time of night. I think he was alerted to the victims being in the Okmulgee yard and/or building and he went there to take care of business.
The area immediately outside the scrap may have been booby trapped. Maybe that is how it was easy for him to subdue them and dismember them. I wonder how much of their bodies were found.

They are not going to release that kind of info for some time. Kind of gruesome, but once he dismembered them, almost all the body fluids would quickly be on the ground. Of course, there is still going to be some in the vehicle.
Well, IMO this is a key piece of the investigation. There are 2 scrap yards, access to many vehicles in both scrapyards if the scrapyards are significant enough for not only the phone being in it that is. I would need to see solid proof that it was JK who did this. Its not easy doing this alone just the logisitcs are sort of mind boggling for one person. So who did it?

The area immediately outside the scrap may have been booby trapped. Maybe that is how it was easy for him to subdue them and dismember them. I wonder how much of their bodies were found.
The thing is that lot is across from the scrapyard and to boobytrap it would raise suspicions if someone were to get hurt before and during opening hours. Boobytrap would mean it would always be there regardless of the of day. Too risky for it to be boobytrapped especially by him.

I haven't looked at a single photo of either of these scrap yards so I'm making huge assumptions but my current mental image is that they were trying to hit one where catalytic converters specifically are stored and/or processed where precious metals and/or cash for/from catalytic converters and previous metals might have been stored. I'm assuming he shot them, presumably with an automatic rifle, then he transported their bodies to another site where there was heavy machinery and that the "dismembering" might have just been putting that entire vehicle bodies and all through a car crusher/shredder and then dump trucking the shreds into the river.

I'm probably wrong by some objective facts that can already be established but that's just where my imagination goes. It seems like the kind of process a scrap yard owner might think was foolproof and then feel legitimately betrayed by TV and movies when some of the (buoyant) body parts immediately floated to the surface and spread downstream to be found by searchers right away.

I think the dismemberment was because a 67 year old guy wasn't strong enough to move even one of those bodies intact, let alone all 4. The dismemberment was for ease of transporting the bodies to the river.
Well, it takes a lot of energy to do it firstly, secondly it had to be done quickly if someone happened to stumble by the perp would have to kill them also. I just can't see one person let alone someone close to the age of seventy doin this. Unless the perp knew already that no one would be stumbling by. Then why not do it in the salvage yard and clean up the salvage yard. Ya someting is off.

I haven't looked at a single photo of either of these scrap yards so I'm making huge assumptions but my current mental image is that they were trying to hit one where catalytic converters specifically are stored and/or processed where precious metals and/or cash for/from catalytic converters and previous metals might have been stored. I'm assuming he shot them, presumably with an automatic rifle, then he transported their bodies to another site where there was heavy machinery and that the "dismembering" might have just been putting that entire vehicle bodies and all through a car crusher/shredder and then dump trucking the shreds into the river.

I'm probably wrong by some objective facts that can already be established but that's just where my imagination goes. It seems like the kind of process a scrap yard owner might think was foolproof and then feel legitimately betrayed by TV and movies when some of the (buoyant) body parts immediately floated to the surface and spread downstream to be found by searchers right away.
Here is the site where they were searching originally. It doesn't even have a sign. He doesn't own the property. It's zoned residential. This is where the phone originally pinged.

Let's just say his "scrap yard" makes San Antonio's West Side scrap yards look "upscale"

It seems like his place in Okmulgee is basically a dump of motor vehicles and there seems to be no organization to it. It's all ramshackle.

Last edited:
How would he have moved them, whether in whole or in parts? He abandoned his car after beginning to leave town. If there was blood inside, that would have been reported. Or maybe not, if LE wanted to keep mum about it, so as not to declare him a "suspect", which might have caused him to run farther. I mean...why did they say he might be suicidal, unless they had some evidence connecting him to the murders? What would lead them to speculate about his psychological state, if he were only a POI?

hmm..... Again, if he murdered them and transported their remains to the river, what did he transport all that in? If not his car?
I am going to guess that he used a trailer covered with a tarp. JMHO.

ETA: Maybe something like this in terms of size:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members