Found Deceased OK - Mark Chastain, Billy Chastain, Mike Sparks, Alex Stevens, Okmulgee, 9 Oct 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't looked at a single photo of either of these scrap yards so I'm making huge assumptions but my current mental image is that they were trying to hit one where catalytic converters specifically are stored and/or processed where precious metals and/or cash for/from catalytic converters and previous metals might have been stored. I'm assuming he shot them, presumably with an automatic rifle, then he transported their bodies to another site where there was heavy machinery and that the "dismembering" might have just been putting that entire vehicle bodies and all through a car crusher/shredder and then dump trucking the shreds into the river.

I'm probably wrong by some objective facts that can already be established but that's just where my imagination goes. It seems like the kind of process a scrap yard owner might think was foolproof and then feel legitimately betrayed by TV and movies when some of the (buoyant) body parts immediately floated to the surface and spread downstream to be found by searchers right away.
LE would find their blood on the machinery, shredders etc. So not the scrapyard IMO.

His truck was defunkt?
JK had a plethora of vehicles at both locations and he was a licensed scrap metal hauler.
I'm sure he had a number of driveable junkers/trucks and he definitely had a PT Cruiser that he left in Morris OK when he fled.
He is also capable of stealing a vehicle.
We will know when they tell us what they saw at the gas station.
Who else would take the phone from his Okmuglee yard, to the gas station, then to his hwy yard/home? Then ditch his own car, steal a car, and flee?
Not to beat a dead horse, my California father quite often offered me a lickin'. And I had a Timex watch when I was a kid because they were so durable.
The phone apparently pinged behind the gas station. Its upthread somewhere.

So I just rewatched a press conference from the other day it was said that the boys owned multiple bikes so they don't know which bikes they were on at the time.would explain why they haven't found them yet if they don't know exactly which bikes they are looking for

Seems to me, would be easier/quieter/quicker/more profitable to take possession of a few pounds of illegal drugs than to cut and/or transport catalytic converters. The small bike trailers would have been adequate. They could split up, if someone got caught there would still be plenty to split between all of them. No need to have ”cartels” present. They only needed to know when the goods were being delivered.

The phone apparently pinged behind the gas station. Its upthread somewhere.
A ping could not show if it was in front or behind the gas station. At any rate, Murphy's gas station is on a corner and all sides are in full view.

I have repeated what LE said, the location app on the wife's phone showed it had been at the gas station. LE said the victims were not on the video at the gas station.

Seems to me, would be easier/quieter/quicker/more profitable to take possession of a few pounds of illegal drugs than to cut and/or transport catalytic converters. The small bike trailers would have been adequate. They could split up, if someone got caught there would still be plenty to split between all of them. No need to have ”cartels” present. They only needed to know when the goods were being delivered.
One of the guys had a prior conviction for distribution

A ping could not show if it was in front or behind the gas station. At any rate, Murphy's gas station is on a corner and all sides are in full view.

I have repeated what LE said, the location app on the wife's phone showed it had been at the gas station. LE said the victims were not on the video at the gas station.
I guess at the time it wasn't known what gas station it was & so forth. Then it should be easy to identify the individual who had the phone if it was JK. If not then back to square one? What if multiple people were there and JK was not then it would be harder to establish. I'm just one of those who thinks of all kinds of scenarios that can occur. Lets wait and see what LE says.

I guess at the time it wasn't known what gas station it was & so forth. Then it should be easy to identify the individual who had the phone if it was JK. If not then back to square one? What if multiple people were there and JK was not then it would be harder to establish. I'm just one of those who thinks of all kinds of scenarios that can occur. Lets wait and see what LE says.
The wife knew exactly what gas station it had been at, in real-time, and reported that the next morning.

I would think there were not many cars there late at night, my opinion is that if there is a different vehicle, not driven by the suspect, LE has figured it out.

Here is the site where they were searching originally. It doesn't even have a sign. He doesn't own the property. It's zoned residential. This is where the phone originally pinged.

Let's just say his "scrap yard" makes San Antonio's West Side scrap yards look "upscale"

It seems like his place in Okmulgee is basically a dump of motor vehicles and there seems to be no organization to it. It's all ramshackle.
wow. what a dump. This place looks much worse than I envisioned. Changes my theory somewhat----I cannot imagine what they would have been looking to steal on that property. Very hard to imagine that he had anything of value there, behind that crumbling wooden fence.

@Friday Fan The overview of the 20th St location was surprising; I didn't realize it was that big. There's a glass company that adjoins the property to the north. I wonder if they entered the S yard by way of the train tracks. What is in those tankers? Was the robbery somewhere other than the S yard and they just used to to stash their bikes for the time being?
On which of the adjoining properties was the evidence of violence found? IIRC, they searched that whole yard with dogs. How far can dogs smell blood?

I'm not clear on how this document answers my question,"what did he move the remains in".
Joe K. Owned several scrap/salvage/Junk yards and has been in that business for many years. Those type of places usually result in the owner having access to all kind of “clunker vehicles” for use in hauling parts both in and outside of their property.
Those places have all kind of equipment for crushing, and cutting up vehicles.
In my opinion he most likely used a van type vehicle for transporting the body parts and then literally disposed of the vehicle by cutting, burning, crushing the van.

Well, it takes a lot of energy to do it firstly, secondly it had to be done quickly if someone happened to stumble by the perp would have to kill them also. I just can't see one person let alone someone close to the age of seventy doin this. Unless the perp knew already that no one would be stumbling by. Then why not do it in the salvage yard and clean up the salvage yard. Ya someting is off.
If you look at the pictures of Joe K. Being processed in the Volusia, Fl court, he is a pretty big dude. While he is 67 he has performed physical work in those scrapyards for many years.
I am 69 years old and run in 5k races, backpack, hike etc., other participants in these events are my age or older.
So it is not beyond reason that he is physically strong and was able to chop up and transport the body pieces by himself. Plus certainly the adrenaline was flowing.

That possibility makes alot of sense given the POI's criminal history.

Marijuana could make an attractive drug in this scenario because a low to mid level commercial dealer or broker can probably accumulate up to several hundred pounds of it at any given time and still not be a "big fish" dealer wise. Likewise, the Cartels probably dont get involved until the "tonnage" level is reached.

Maybe....

- The crew gets wind that a descent sized load of marijuana is being kept at the scrapyard. Perhaps the marijuana is being distributed from there, or perhaps it is simply being stored at, or shipped though the scrapyard.

- The crew forms up to "Hit a Lick"- tries to recruit a fifth member with promises of plenty of loot to go around.

- Somebody (somebodies) intercept the crew before they can enter the scrapyard, or they enter the scrapyard, are then intercepted and taken outside.

- The assailant(s) promise the men that they will not be harmed if they "go with the program" and do not try to escape. The men are ordered to lie down and wait. They are then suddenly shot. Things go downhill from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288