OK OK - Molly Miller, 17, & Colt Haynes, 21, Wilson, 7 Jul 2013 - #2

Jesse had no motive to kill his brother. Con had the motive be Colt had a baby with Con's ex girlfriend
and that causes bad things against them both. Colt just started hanging back with Con with days before they
both went missing. So Con had a motive.

The two then hopped out of the car and ran into a wooded area - never to be seen again.

Since then, the case has seen the former sheriff removed and several arrested, though none for a murder or kidnapping charge. Most surrounding this case have faced jail time for drugs or arms charges, as police are still on the hunt for information that will help them figure out what happened to the pair on that fateful night.

Molly Miller was 17 when she went missing in the backwoods of Love County, Oklahoma

James Conn Nipp was driving the car that night, with Colt and Molly in the backseat. The young man apparently started throwing rocks at a police car, triggering a high-speed chase down a road before leading the pair down a dirt path towards his family's property, a thickly wooded area that spread across 1,000 acres.

This is where the chase ended, culminating in the decision not to pursue the group, made by Nipp's cousin, Love County Sheriff Marion Joe Russell. The trio vanished within the dense forest cover, and at around 1am, Molly dialed 911 from her cell phone. However, there was only silence at the other end of the line.

As the night wore on, Molly and Colt made several more attempts to dial for assistance. In one such call, Molly disclosed to a friend that he had tumbled from a tree and injured his leg, according to Up and Vanished, a documentary that aired on Oxygen channel in 2020.

By 10am contact was lost on both Molly and Colt's cell phones, and they were not seen or heard from again. Although Nipp made it back home that morning, there was no trace of Molly or Colt.

Nipp insisted that he was clueless about the events that transpired. Since their disappearance, the family has been openly critical of Russell, who stepped down from his position in 2017 amidst allegations of drug use and corruption, for not contributing enough to the search for their loved ones.

They've also expressed doubts about Nipp, who has never faced charges related to their vanishing and claims ignorance regarding the case. "We know that the last place that Molly Miller and Colt Haynes were seen alive was in Conn Nipp's car with him when he was on a car chase.

"It was never clear how that whole thing ended or where they might have gone ... and we asked the sheriff and we asked law enforcement and never got an answer," KXII TV News Anchor Maureen Kane reported to Up and Vanished.

Paula Fielder, Molly's cousin, suspects the sheriff, who was recently arrested on unrelated charges, is withholding information. The sheriff's department was initially part of the investigation before it was handed over to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation a year prior.

"I have recently spoken with him, and he knows full well ... what happened to Molly and Colt. From his past actions, nothing tells me that he would not know," Fielder stated at a press conference where the OSBI announced a $10,000 reward for details leading to the missing pair. An additional $35,000 is being offered by the families.

Investigators have been grappling with a lack of physical evidence, but the team behind Up and Vanished believes a 911 call made accidentally in 2014 could provide potential clues about the fate of Molly and Colt. Eight months after their disappearance, Nipp's uncle, Colby Barrick, unintentionally dialed 911.

July 2023 article
Because at this point he’s really not a suspect, he really doesn’t need a lawyer,” Henry said.

Henry said evidence uncovered by an investigator points to a totally different suspect.

“He has been interviewed and I will say he has made some tacit admissions,” Henry said. “In of themselves not enough to do anything with other than point further in the direction of where the investigation needs to go.”

While Henry named this new suspect, and several law enforcement sources confirmed to News 12 that he is a person of interest, News 12 policy dictates that suspects are not named until they’ve been charged.

Unfortunately the southern US seems to be riddled withe corrupt LE. I know, I because I live in one of those states/counties. It’s always been bizarre to me, how our voters continued to vote the same corrupt, criminal Sheriff , back into office for years and years.
It goes beyond that….. It’s corrupt all the way into the DA’s office, and has been for years. People are stupid. I keep saying, get me outta here.

Unfortunately the southern US seems to be riddled withe corrupt LE. I know, I because I live in one of those states/counties. It’s always been bizarre to me, how our voters continued to vote the same corrupt, criminal Sheriff , back into office for years and years.
It goes beyond that….. It’s corrupt all the way into the DA’s office, and has been for years. People are stupid. I keep saying, get me outta here.
As a proud Southerner, I have to say that it is not limited to the south, there are plenty of corrupt officials in all states including the north…as evidenced in Jennifer Dulos case (Connecticut), Joan Webster case (Massachusetts), and others.

July 2023 article
Because at this point he’s really not a suspect, he really doesn’t need a lawyer,” Henry said.

Henry said evidence uncovered by an investigator points to a totally different suspect.

“He has been interviewed and I will say he has made some tacit admissions,” Henry said. “In of themselves not enough to do anything with other than point further in the direction of where the investigation needs to go.”

While Henry named this new suspect, and several law enforcement sources confirmed to News 12 that he is a person of interest, News 12 policy dictates that suspects are not named until they’ve been charged.
There's no evidence of that person at all of pointing to that suspect

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynichick