Identified! OK - Oklahoma City, 'Sharon Marshall' 8UFOK, Apr'90 - Suzanne Sevakis

A legal question for those with greater minds than mine...Since Floyd entered into the marriage under a false identity (and with all appropriate fraudulent documentation I'm sure, being the skilled forger that he was), wouldn't the marriage then be illegal and considered null, void, and otherwise no legal marriage at all?

I ask in that seeing Floyd referred to as Sharon's actual stepfather makes me physically ill.

A legal question for those with greater minds than mine...Since Floyd entered into the marriage under a false identity (and with all appropriate fraudulent documentation I'm sure, being the skilled forger that he was), wouldn't the marriage then be illegal and considered null, void, and otherwise no legal marriage at all?

I ask in that seeing Floyd referred to as Sharon's actual stepfather makes me physically ill.
Pretty much. Nowadays that would be grounds for an annulment or easy quick divorce in most areas....back then it may have been the same had she found out earlier.

Does anyone know what part of Charlotte they lived in? I'm mostly curious since I used to live there and am familiar with the neighborhoods.

Personally, I would really like to know what avenues of research the family undertook, and why the many dots failed to connect for them. Knowing what they tried would help us to develop strategies for other families. How many times have we said, "If only the right person read the right piece of information, many cases would finally be solved"? Many of us who have spent years working on Sharon's case know the voluminous amount of info that is out there, what kept the family from finding her? By the way, this is in no way a condemnation of Sharon's family. I simply want to be able to help other families find that missing puzzle piece to solve their own personal mysteries.

This could be yet another good thing that could arise from Sharon's case.

Right.
Sharon has been identified, but the problem is her case being solved breaks to another question; where is her brother?
Of course, NamUs can be checked for any bodies found of infant or toddler boys presumed to have died in the mid-seventies, but the fact is, I am outraged because this could have been solved sooner, or perhaps even prevented.
The fact that the authorities allowed Floyd to take Suzanne and her brother simply because 'he had a right' is ridiculous. If this happened now, he would be checked by numerous organizations, he'd have to prove he could look after them, let their mother have visitation rights, it's beyond reason that this wasn't solved sooner.
Before I found out Suzanne was identified, my suspected identity was Michelle Pulsifer, http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pulsifer_michelle.html, a child only missing because she was not reported missing by her mother. I was close to the truth, but it astonishes me how this happened.
The fact now is we still have to find Michael Hughes and Suzanne's brother. I believe that if Michael is dead, he is buried somewhere in southern Oklahoma. I believe that it is likely Floyd took Thomas Tillery as well, so Michael could be somewhere near Dickinson, if this is the case.
Rest in Peace, Suzanne Marie Sevakis, I hope this has given you some happiness. We will carry on looking for Michael and your brother, because I know you loved them both and we won't stop until Floyd's crimes are known.

Right.
Sharon has been identified, but the problem is her case being solved breaks to another question; where is her brother?
Of course, NamUs can be checked for any bodies found of infant or toddler boys presumed to have died in the mid-seventies, but the fact is, I am outraged because this could have been solved sooner, or perhaps even prevented.
The fact that the authorities allowed Floyd to take Suzanne and her brother simply because 'he had a right' is ridiculous. If this happened now, he would be checked by numerous organizations, he'd have to prove he could look after them, let their mother have visitation rights, it's beyond reason that this wasn't solved sooner.
Before I found out Suzanne was identified, my suspected identity was Michelle Pulsifer, http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pulsifer_michelle.html, a child only missing because she was not reported missing by her mother. I was close to the truth, but it astonishes me how this happened.
The fact now is we still have to find Michael Hughes and Suzanne's brother. I believe that if Michael is dead, he is buried somewhere in southern Oklahoma. I believe that it is likely Floyd took Thomas Tillery as well, so Michael could be somewhere near Dickinson, if this is the case.
Rest in Peace, Suzanne Marie Sevakis, I hope this has given you some happiness. We will carry on looking for Michael and your brother, because I know you loved them both and we won't stop until Floyd's crimes are known.

I 1000% agree, I believe he did kill Billy Tillery!

Personally, I would really like to know what avenues of research the family undertook, and why the many dots failed to connect for them. Knowing what they tried would help us to develop strategies for other families. How many times have we said, "If only the right person read the right piece of information, many cases would finally be solved"? Many of us who have spent years working on Sharon's case know the voluminous amount of info that is out there, what kept the family from finding her? By the way, this is in no way a condemnation of Sharon's family. I simply want to be able to help other families find that missing puzzle piece to solve their own personal mysteries.

This could be yet another good thing that could arise from Sharon's case.

Right! IMO this is one of the more famous "UID" type cases. Her picture is everywhere, even a book about her. I think I first heard about her on a listverse list. Now, I know that it's her picture as an adult, but I'm assuming there is some family resemblance, and it only takes a google search to find pics of her as a child that can't be more than a year after he took her. How do we (the general "we", meaning the pubic) get these UIDs out there so families missing them can find them?

Hi everyone! :) stumbled across this thread, because I noticed the last name. The last name is of Greek Origin [previously stated], but from the island of Crete. There's also a LOT of people with the last name SAVVAKIS or Savakis [i wonder if when the paternal grandfather came over to the US, the last name changed; sometimes Greek last names either got shortened and were spelled differently to look Americanized]. I was able to see both the ancestry link, plus another page that lists all of Suzanne's relatives [fbs, wedding announcements, etc]. Did her father not have any legal rights to her when she was abducted? I'm wondering if he regularly saw his daughter? And if he stayed in Michigan for an extended period of time or moved to another place? I know from recent reports, he has moved further out west and has 2 children. I would hope to think that they knew they had a half sister :( they all look alike. Also, it has been stated that Michael was not FDF's real son--- WHO could be the biological father if she was with FDF constantly? I always thought that Michael and the baby brother was the same person, but timelines don't match up. How old would Suzanne's "baby" brother be right now? In his 50s? Are there any birth certificates on Suzanne and the brother?

Hi everyone! :) stumbled across this thread, because I noticed the last name. The last name is of Greek Origin [previously stated], but from the island of Crete. There's also a LOT of people with the last name SAVVAKIS or Savakis [i wonder if when the paternal grandfather came over to the US, the last name changed; sometimes Greek last names either got shortened and were spelled differently to look Americanized]. I was able to see both the ancestry link, plus another page that lists all of Suzanne's relatives [fbs, wedding announcements, etc]. Did her father not have any legal rights to her when she was abducted? I'm wondering if he regularly saw his daughter? And if he stayed in Michigan for an extended period of time or moved to another place? I know from recent reports, he has moved further out west and has 2 children. I would hope to think that they knew they had a half sister :( they all look alike. Also, it has been stated that Michael was not FDF's real son--- WHO could be the biological father if she was with FDF constantly? I always thought that Michael and the baby brother was the same person, but timelines don't match up. How old would Suzanne's "baby" brother be right now? In his 50s? Are there any birth certificates on Suzanne and the brother?
I find it interesting that Floyd had no biological children that we know of. Maybe there is a biological reason, maybe he was just not attracted to women of childbearing age. Does not matter at this point.

I think that we will find out where Michael is when Floyd wants better curtains for his cell. The identity of Suzanne was one of the last things he had to trade, the whereabouts of her son being perhaps the last.

If only a missing person report had been taken at the time this would have been closed long ago.

THIS MIGHT JUST BE ME BUT TO ANSWER bbm:Did her father not have any legal rights to her when she was abducted? I'm wondering if he regularly saw his daughter? I bet not , I grew up in the same situation and my younger half siblings didnt know I existed untill they were well into their 20's, I cant help but think if he had been involved the WOULD have taken the report!

eta : things were so different back in the 60s , and we are close to the same age.

I just saw last night that she was identified! Is there any info on the baby brother? A picture? Description? Has a missing persons report been filed in light of everything else?

Check out the other thread ms teon I might have just answered your question

I just read through this case after seeing someone comment on it in Tammy's thread. What a convoluted sad existence for this poor girl.

So missing still is her brother and her son?

I just read through this case after seeing someone comment on it in Tammy's thread. What a convoluted sad existence for this poor girl.

So missing still is her brother and her son?

Yes, her younger brother and her son.

Just posted from A Beautiful Child Face Book

"Will have some news soon on an update to A Beautiful Child that will bring the story to date, and to a close."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back