OK OK - Patricia Taylor, 14, Tulsa County, 1 Jan 1980

So I do have a match that has very similar dental information to Patricia. I just want to know if she went missing in 1981 like it says or 1994 when that letter was sent. On second thought, I was thinking about the braces when Patricia may or may not have had brace at the time. Could they have been removed just prior?

So I do have a match that has very similar dental information to Patricia. I just want to know if she went missing in 1981 like it says or 1994 when that letter was sent. On second thought, I was thinking about the braces when Patricia may or may not have had brace at the time. Could they have been removed just prior?
Not sure about the braces, I think they may have been removed prior, but her dental records have been lost.
Her last seen date is August 31, 1981, which I believe comes from DHS paperwork.

ETA: Never mind about the letter, I found the source:

I think it's possible Patricia Lynn Taylor might be the Iola Jane Doe. One of the articles about the Iola Doe talk about little circles on her teeth (which I assume would be braces, which Patricia had). I don't think Sheryl Denise Taylor will match the Iola Doe. She doesn't match the age, the height, or the estimated weight. Patricia had red hair and green eyes and dental work. Sheryl Taylor's sister said she didn't remember Sheryl ever getting dental work. Patricia was shuttled between foster care and family members' homes in Oklahoma.

Attachments

• iolajanedoepatriciataylor.jpg
    iolajanedoepatriciataylor.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 3
I think it's possible Patricia Lynn Taylor might be the Iola Jane Doe. One of the articles about the Iola Doe talk about little circles on her teeth (which I assume would be braces, which Patricia had). I don't think Sheryl Denise Taylor will match the Iola Doe. She doesn't match the age, the height, or the estimated weight. Patricia had red hair and green eyes and dental work. Sheryl Taylor's sister said she didn't remember Sheryl ever getting dental work. Patricia was shuttled between foster care and family members' homes in Oklahoma.

Also, the original forensics on the case said the Iola Doe had been dead from 3 - 6 months (Patricia disappeared in August 1981 and the Iola Texas Doe was found in late October that same year). Later articles revise the estimated death from 1 - 5 years with the body having been stored in a cool dry location. I think the original estimate might be the correct one.

Both have DNA available, and should have matched if this were Patricia, so I'm thinking this isn't her.

Both have DNA available, and should have matched if this were Patricia, so I'm thinking this isn't her.
You're right. Both Sheryl and Patricia's cases hit close to home for me. I was born and raised in Oklahoma--Sand Springs, Claremore, Tulsa. Here's hoping both cases find resolution soon.

I think of Patricia Taylor often. I was actually looking at Jane Doe's yesterday in hopes of potentially finding her.

I read somewhere that her family received a post card that was signed Patricia & her bf Don. I wish we could find him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back