Identified! OK - Pittsburg Co, WhtMale UP5170 & WhtFem UP5174, 18-30, GSW, Apr'95 - Brian and Rachel Burr

Robbery would be a possibility but usually people don't take the whole wallet or purse. Their rings were still on their fingers, and matching watches.

I'm from this area and remember when this couple was found. It saddens me that they still don't have their names back. Seeing this thread on here also jogged my memory about another couple found dead not far from this one only 6 months prior. Also near campsite/boat dock.They were identified, and circumstances totally different but just thought I'd link it for info sake. It's not common to find two deceased couples relatively close together in time and locations around here. It's a pretty quiet and rural area.
m.newsok.com/article/2476555

I sent in the match to the NamUs contact (OK OCME) and received a reply that that Diede and Anderson have never been compared to the UIDs. They don't yet have DNA, dentals or medical history for either so I can see what they're up against, but they are contacting the North Dakota officials for more information.

I too thought it could be Kenneth Blais. It is a long shot, though.

Forgive me this is rambly!
After much thought and obsessing over this case, I think I have a few points that we should discuss. I believe that these people were transient. I was kind of thrown off by the rings, but they don't seem like high end rings and the fact that hers doesn't have TW stamped tells me that they aren't actually a match. They didn't have shoes on. This confuses me. In the transient train hopping world, are shoes a commodity?? Or possibly was it a SK and he collected shoes? I don't think so. I think the shoes were stolen. The reasons I believe they were transients are: His tattoos are home made. Her pants and panties don't match. They aren't really even a close match. Her brand of pullover seems to me to be something picked up at a goodwill as it is made in south Africa and they were never sold in the states. His jeans don't make sense either. His waist was 31 and length was 34. at an estimated 5'7-5'9 those jeans are much too long. he wouldn't have been sagging because they were tight at the waist and long in the leg. They were close to the train tracks and there is a switchover in mcalister. I could find nobody missing in the surrounding states that match so I think they were train hoppers. Has anyone looked at Anthony Horner as possibly him? He was known to frequent homeless shelters from a young age. I can't find a picture of the "R" tattoo but the eye and the cross are very crude. Also, the cross is really poorly done, it seems more like an x or a part of a swastika. The matching watches and semi matched rings could all have been stolen or picked up from a pawn shop. Thoughts?

Oh I forgot to mention- I think based on the teeth, she could be Michelle Burchell from Kentucky.

FYI this is the case that got me interested in solving these mysteries we try to solve. To date I am awaiting confirmation on my first one solved. If it is confirmed, I will feel so great giving a family closure! If I knew how to bump a case up, I'd bump this one!!

Being from OK it's so strange to me that there have been quite a few missing people in that area over the years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Justice for Susan Winters.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/8366

This is Ronda Bosquez, missing from Beaumont, Texas since 1993. She resembles this UID, in my opinion.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/332ufok.html

332UFOK1.JPG

332UFOK.jpg

I agree with everything you posted, Finders. Being transient makes the likely hood of missing persons file being created very unlikely. The murder could have easily been committed by another transient and the wallet likely stolen in order to conceal the identity.

I would the imagine the rings to be pawn shop rings. The engraving is insignificant. The tattoo's aren't, though. The "R" would seem to confirm the males first or last name started with that letter. Just thoughts.

It also feels as though they were resigned to their fate. Why else would you let someone execute the person next to you by shooting them in the chest and not run? The woods wasn't very far off and they could have given it a go.

Because they were restrained?
Because they were paralyzed with fear?
Because they were unconscious?
Because the other one had a gun at their head?
Because the second person couldn't see the first person being shot?

If memory serves me correct, one was shot once and the other twice. My guess is that the one shot once was shot first because it was a surprise and it was aimed right at the heart. The other attempted to flee and that is why it took two shots. I think the killer was a travel companion or a fellow transient who's path they crossed. Possibly Angel Racendiz.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back