OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #5

Maybe ask Othram if Megan hasn’t?

Maybe ask Othram if Megan hasn’t?

@othram , @CeCeMoore are you aware of this cross-country nightmare?

The kidnapped child, Suzanne Sevakis was stolen from sisters, and apparently bore 3 children during the kidnapper's decades/long crime spree.

What's your take on finding the missing children?

Thanks, Laughing

jmho ymmv lrr

I just watched this, had no idea about this case until the Netflix documentary. What a sad life Suzanne lived! She was beautiful and obviously had so much more to accomplish in her life. Have some thoughts about the bio mother that I'm not going to share. Her bio father seems to be a genuine person. I am glad her daughter has some answers but do wonder about her bio daughter #1. Maybe she doesn't want to be involved. JMO

There’s a companion podcast to The Girl in the Picture. They have released three episodes out of five so far and I just finished the first one. It has more detailed interviews with people who knew her that were on the show and some who weren’t on the show. It’s worth listening to.

Whoa! I haven't followed this case since Suzanne was identified. (Probably in 2015) I read the book "A Beautiful Child" back in 2005. Was happy when she was finally ID'd, but I had no idea that she had other children!

There's so much more to this than I imagined.

Last edited:
I just noticed that there’s no update here on Phillip Steven Brandenburg - Suzanne’s infant brother who supposedly was also kidnapped by Floyd. He’s alive and well. Was positively identified per the Doe Network in 2020. He was given up for adoption while Floyd was with Suzanne’s mother so technically he was never missing.

I just noticed that there’s no update here on Phillip Steven Brandenburg - Suzanne’s infant brother who supposedly was also kidnapped by Floyd. He’s alive and well. Was positively identified per the Doe Network in 2020. He was given up for adoption while Floyd was with Suzanne’s mother so technically he was never missing.

I just found the obit of her bio mom's 3rd husband. Names the mom and the sisters. And you can tell by names and comments it's her family. It's weird the obit has no mention of Suzanne. Her life was horribly sad and honestly makes me disgusted with her bio mom.

I just found the obit of her bio mom's 3rd husband. Names the mom and the sisters. And you can tell by names and comments it's her family. It's weird the obit has no mention of Suzanne. Her life was horribly sad and honestly makes me disgusted with her bio mom.

Why can't they do 23 and me etc to find familiar matches? They need to find the unknown child.
Such a sad story. I have to wonder if you were an adopted child living a normal troublesome life, wouldn't it be tragic to open that can of worms? I guess that if the child ever goes searching they will discover what happened to their biological mother but in adoption cases, only the child can inquire about that.

Agree that this is very sad and also weird.

However, the person providing the information for the obituary may not have known about Suzanne, as hard as it is for us to grasp. Death is a stressful time for families, even prepared families.

Neighbor, pastor, more distant relatives may not know all the we know.

Happens with even death certificates. I do a lot of genealogy. A great-grandfather's death certificate lists an incorrect birthplace. The information was provided by a sister-in-law who provided her husband's birthplace, probably thinking that the two brothers were born in the same place.

jmho ymmv lrr

Such a sad story. I have to wonder if you were an adopted child living a normal troublesome life, wouldn't it be tragic to open that can of worms? I guess that if the child ever goes searching they will discover what happened to their biological mother but in adoption cases, only the child can inquire about that.
It’s like opening a Pandora‘s Box. I was an adoptee who searched decades ago, ending with a happy reunion with my birth family. But many in my triad support group weren’t so lucky. Some adoptees found they were born to their bio mom out of incest or rape.

It is more difficult, but not impossible, for the bio mom to search. One bio mom in our group searched for years to alert her long-lost son of a familial genetic heart defect, that was not normally checked for, but treatable. She’d lost another child because of it. She found her bio son, but it was his grave. She was two months too late. He died from the same defect before she could find him and alert him to get medical help.

Suzanne was also born during the “baby-scoop” era. I am not a fan of her bio mom, but she was clearly troubled. Nowadays, she might have been able to get help and eventually regain custody of her kids. Back then, single women had little social help, and children were taken away and never returned.

jmo

Add me to the list of people who popped over here after watching Girl in the Picture. Such a devastating story.
I still can't wrap my head around how easy it was for him to get all these identities and drivers licenses and start new lives.
He enrolled her in school, let her thrive, purchased a full page for her in the yearbook and then didn't even let her go. It's not the worst thing he's done but that part is so twisted to me.

RIP Suzanne. I hope you're holding your sweet boy.

There’s a companion podcast to The Girl in the Picture. They have released three episodes out of five so far and I just finished the first one. It has more detailed interviews with people who knew her that were on the show and some who weren’t on the show. It’s worth listening to.

Thank you so much for this suggestion. I binged the 4 episodes that are out as of today. It's probably the most well-done podcast I've ever heard, chock full of additional info.

I am new to this case and I haven't watched the documentary yet.

But reading about this case I am really shocked and disturbed.

So, this monster brought the girl up as his daughter - and then married her???
And then, she was killed in suspicious circumstances?

To top it all, he killed her little son?

I'm simply speechless :(

I always thought this thread should be in the "identified" section, or even cold cases. It's just doesn't seem quite resolved to me - there are so many unanswered questions! But I am grateful that there is a place where we can talk about this, and so grateful for all of Matt Birkbeck's work throughout the years. It's been a wild ride!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back