Ok so now it is 2019...anyone have an update on Darlie?

Discussion in 'Darlie Routier' started by JenniferTx, Jan 25, 2019.

1. cami

cami Keep your fork......

Gee, I wonder what happened to the IP on this case????? The defense is looking for a scapegoat in the prosecutor's files.

2. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

Does anybody know what the holdup is on her execution?

neesaki likes this.
  3. Yuletide

Yuletide Well-Known Member

All silly string fiasco celebrating aside, the key evidence is the fibers that match the screen on the knife from Routiers kitchen that was used to murder the children and the pooling of Darlies blood in the kitchen. Also the spatter and location of said spatter on her nightgown. Guilty as charged.

4. Yuletide

And let’s not forget that there was police testimony regarding hearing things being moved around during the 911 call. This, after being told not to touch anything. And evidence of blood being washed down the kitchen sink. Her motive will never be known. We can guess, but no one will ever know. What we do know, is that she thought the superficial wounds she caused herself would gather sympathy and create a victim bubble around her. Those pesky forensics sure get in the way sometimes. She will exhaust her appeals and the inevitable will happen.

neesaki, dgfred, cami and 1 other person like this.
  5. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

And her talking to Darren in the background of the 911 call.

"Someone came in here and intentionally did this Darren".

That was telling.

6. Yuletide

I had forgotten that. Telling indeed.

dreamer1985 and JezMyOpinion like this.
  7. Yuletide

I agree. The defense is searching for one print or hair that can cast doubt. But one print from an innocent neighbor etc will not overthrow the landslide of evidence against Darlie

8. cami

I believe it's a stall tactic. The Appellate courts are only concerned with the trial transcript and what is on record before the trial courts. Not what is in the DA's files.

MattC44 and neesaki like this.
  9. MelanieC

MelanieC New Member

This site is THE BEST. If you guys have time, it’s worth a read. The Disputed Conviction of Darlie Lynn Routier

The forensic evidence sealed her fate. Not the silly string video. It didn’t help, but it wasent the reason. The lack of bloody intruder footprints at the scene. The blood map. The changing of her story 7 times. The fact that the screen was cut with a knife from their own kitchen..then returned to the knife block. The fact that her footprints in blood from the kitchen sink were cleaned..the blood on the cabinet and near the sink attempted to be cleaned but later revealed during luminal tests. The whole thing is ridiculous. She’s right where she needs to be.

10. JezMyOpinion

JezMyOpinion Member

11. cnmccarthy

cnmccarthy Active Member

Damn. This is absolutely telling. I didn’t believe she did it until I read this. I had no idea they had evidence of her own blood with her son’s on her nightgown. And that there were signs of a cleanup near the sink. If she was chasing an intruder there’s no way in hell he stopped to clean up.

12. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Moira Rose's Wigs

Science doesn't lie.

That's all you need to know about this case.

13. cami

She's still in her Appeals, no execution date will be set until her appeals are exhausted. Shouldn't be too much longer as there is nothing left. The DNA testing is complete, the print has been run and to date, nada...

14. cami

Yep the blood evidence is very very damaging

MeadowMuffin likes this.
  15. cami

IrishMist, LAMARQ and iluvmua like this.
  16. cami

Here's an update. According to the Altoona newspapers, The bloody partial print located on the sofa back table has been run through AFIS with no match. Not surprising since experts have stated from the beginning that print is unidentifiable as it's a partial, smudged print with not enough points to identify it.

17. dreamer1985

dreamer1985 Member

Soon (aka a few years from now) she will get a final macabre "road trip" in a special van to the men's campus (as I like to call it) where the death house is. From what I have heard Texas has done away with special last meals. I wonder if she might get the gas mask instead of the needle. Google nitrogen asphyxiation. It is being considered by some states.

Now I have mixed feelings about the death penalty. I am on the fence on how I feel about it. Another time. Another time about that though.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    MeadowMuffin and DidIAskYou like this.
  18. CathyR1

CathyR1 New Member

The fingerprint has been run and no match was found. 200 possible matches came back and will have to be examined by hand. None of those 200 possible matches belong to Darlie. The first responders , boys, neighbors, people known to have been in the house have already been eliminated. The innocence project has taken her case and are currently working on it.

sloane7777 likes this.
  19. bernardphillips

bernardphillips New Member

because courts get it wrong sometimes

LAMARQ and dreamer1985 like this.