OK OK - (GUILTY) - Kirsten Hatfield, 8, Midwest City, 14 May 1997 *Killer murdered in prison

Trial set to begin for man charged in 1997 disappearance of 8-year-old MWC girl

http://newsok.com/trial-set-to-begin-for-man-charged-in-1997-disappearance-of-8-year-old-mwc-girl/article/5566980

When first told of Palma's arrest, Hazen, now 46 and living in Newalla, said she was awe-struck by the long-awaited development.

"Other people might describe miracles differently but this is undoubtedly for our family a miracle," Hazen told The Oklahoman last week. "It is truly hard to describe every feeling because with this particular miracle it revealed so much.”

Midwest City Police Chief Brandon Clabes also is ready to see another chapter in this case come to a close.

"I'll be glad when this portion is over with," Clabes said of the trial. "It's really an emotional case because it's been 20 years out since it actually occurred and she's still missing.

"When Palma is prosecuted, it's just going to write another chapter in the book, but the book is not finished until we find her body.”

MWC Man To Be Sentenced In 8-Year-Old Girl's Murder, http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=36930748

a4160cd269f2b621137867850649326d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The video of Anthony Palma's interrogation with detectives was released a few months ago. I really hope he reveals where Kirsten is.

Police release interrogation video of man convicted of killing Kirsten Hatfield

Detective: "I'm going to ask you again. Where's she at? I can't help you. We're already at your house. We will have backhoes, ground penetrating sonar, cadaver dogs, the whole nine yards. We was laughing about that yesterday."

Palma: "What's so funny about that? If y'all were to ever go in that backyard, I've got dogs, cats everywhere in that backyard. You're not going to find Kirsten Hatfield in my backyard."

After almost two hours of interrogation, detectives told Palma the official report will read that he seemed to have no remorse for her death. He then took one last puff of his cigarette.

"Turn around for me, put your hands behind your back," a detective ordered Palma. "You're under arrest for the murder and kidnapping of Kirsten Hatfield."

A man convicted of murdering an eight-year-old girl was allegedly killed by his cellmate at the Oklahoma State Penitentiary.

According to The Oklahoman, a corrections officer discovered the body of Anthony Joseph Palma, 59, around 7.30pm on Friday during a regularly scheduled security check.

Reports say medical staff's efforts to revive Palma were unsuccessful and he was pronounced dead at 8.55pm.

Man convicted of sexually assaulting and murdering girl, 8, is killed in prison by his cellmate | Daily Mail Online

It is tragic Kirsten has never been found my thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Watching a new episode of Paula Zahn, it is about Kirsten’s case.

I am noe watching a rerun of that episode. What a sad and tragic case. I feel so sorry for her little sister. She was only THREE and she still blames herself for not screaming or getting her mom after she saw the man in her bedroom.

Aww, so sad. She was only 3. It is tragic that she feels guilty. :(

I think she was buried somewhere within Lake Thunderbird State Park, where Palma used to work at the time. The lake there should also be searched. I recently watched Kirsten's mother speak on Youtube saying for whatever reason the police have never searched the park. Just because Palma was found guilty and ultimately killed in prison doesnt mean they should stop looking for her body.

Also, whose idea was it to put a convicted child murderer, probable rapist into a cell with another murderer serving life in prison? He was always going to get killed. I thought criminals like Palma spent their lives in protective custody. Not that I'm complaining, he definitely deserved to die.

Anthony Palma was a sexual predator with a history of molesting children, I weep to think what happened to Kirsten after he kidnapped her.

Last edited:
So is the Tristy ,that lived with Tony the child Kristen's mom mentions in the 911?
Kristen was abducted from 1108 , and tony lived at 1104 . The police interview of Palma is interesting when listened to with the 911 call information.
I haven't listened to Palma's interrogation in several months, but I do remember Kirsten's mother mentioning after his arrest that the day after Kirsten went missing she spoke to Palma and that what he said to her freaked her out, I wonder what he said to her that made her feel that way and whether it had anything to do with Tristy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517
Back