Found Deceased OK - Timothy Vanmatre, 57, disappeared after family argument, Phone/wallet left at home, Vehicle found, Owasso, 19 Mar 2023

This is really sad, looking at his FB what a great family. This is definitely not a man looking to take his own life, he’s healthy, happy and surrounded by lots of friends. I did take note that I didn’t see any post/ pictures of him with a girlfriend or even saying he had a girlfriend. I can’t imagine a grown man leaving to cool off over a disagreement, especially if the relationship is only been going on a year……just my thoughts.

APR 30, 2023
Family Of Missing Owasso Man Search For Answers (newson6.com)
An Owasso family has been searching for their missing father for six weeks.

[...]

She [Timothy's daughter, ES] says everything was normal before he vanished, and he had planned to help her finish a project around her home.

"We spoke Friday evening before he went missing and he was planning to come over that following Sunday. We made plans for brunch, and we were going to stop by the hardware store and grab more things to work on the house,” ES said.

[...]

ES said, "I know that if he's out there and still alive, he's fighting and doing everything he can to come home to us. He's never someone who would give up."

[...]

I wonder if he threatened suicide before he left...I'm curious that his girlfriend was out looking and found the vehicle within 30 minutes of him leaving the house.
I agree- it is striking that, after what has been described as a "small disagreement", the girlfriend went out looking for him so quickly and took the further step of calling his daughter concerned. There had to have been something in the disagreement that predisposed the gf to being worried. Even the clingiest person doesn't search for the car and call a daughter in less than an hours time when a partner is looking for some space after a spat.

Something doesn’t feel right with this one. I also wish we could know more about the disagreement.
Agree, his daughter is very vocal about finding her Dad, but I've yet to find any mention of his girlfriend in any news stories? What was the disagreement about, that might point us in a direction.

His FB Page Log into Facebook

No updates. This is so strange. If it was self inflicted, don’t you think he would have been found close to his truck? He didn’t have his phone, so him calling someone and having them meet there to pick him up also sounds unlikely, as it seem he left in the heat of the moment.

What do all of you think happened?
Hate to say it but trees!

No updates. This is so strange. If it was self inflicted, don’t you think he would have been found close to his truck? He didn’t have his phone, so him calling someone and having them meet there to pick him up also sounds unlikely, as it seem he left in the heat of the moment.

What do all of you think happene
Bodies do smell after they start to decompose, but that's the same for any body in undergrowth - and there have been hundreds of people over the years that have passed away and been missed by search teams.

So, being smelly isn't a guarantee of being found.
Maybe he is in a tree.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen