I've been looking into this case for some time so based on what I have discovered, I will pitch a few different theories on what could have potentially happened to Tommy. Please keep in mind that these are just my own theories and they should remain theories until proven fact. These theories are not meant to offend anyone. They are just meant to stimulate thought around the case and potentially give a new perspective on Tommy's disappearance.
1) Tommy got lost deep and the bush and died of dehydration. There is a possibility that this happened, but I have to think its pretty low. Why would he lock the keys and wallet in his truck and then run out into the woods. I wouldn't even think a delusional person would do such a thing, much less Tommy.
2) Tommy took his own life deep in the bush. There is evidence surrounding this theory, such as his emotional distress after being asked to leave his family function and the missing hand gun that he is thought to have owned, but given that several searches have not yielded any results, I don't think this is the answer.
3) Tommy had an altercation with someone he knew in the area near where his truck was found (Holdenville, Wetumka, ect). This hasn't been talked about much, but it should due to several reasons. 1) Wetumka is the closest city/town within proximity to where his truck was found. 2) The mother of his kids has family there and typically goes to family related holidays to that location (think thanksgiving, xmas, and possible 4th of July). 3) The mother of his kids has a few relatives with a criminal history. I cannot mention their names here, but if you dig hard enough, you can find them.
4) Tommy was a victim of the underground drug system. We do know that Tommy was struggling with drugs, but we don't know to what extent. As we have seen with other crimes in this state, the underground drug industry can be very unforgiving. Now he did have sufficient money, given his bank account, debit card, and cash in the truck, so the possibility of owing money to the wrong people is minimal. However, he could have either pissed the wrong people off or he could have been a victim of a drug deal gone bad.
5) Tommy was murdered by a group of strangers. Given that the bowhunter site mentioned that he was seen with a possible female with out of state plates, he could have been running around with a bad group. Possibly one that he met at Lake Eufaula after he left the family gathering. There has not been a lot of evidence to support this however, but given the lack of leads and evidence, this could have happened.
6) Tommy ran away. This is pretty unlikely, but given that the bowhunter site mentioned that he was seen with a possible female with out of state plates, he could have decided to start fresh and run away with her. The only other big hole is the cell phone. The cell phone was never recovered and hasn't been active for some time now. In addition, he had a debit card and money in his bank account. If he was going to run away, wouldn't he debit cash out of his account before leaving?
7) Tommy was murdered due to a custody dispute. There is no evidence to support this theory, but it should be mentioned since some custody disputes result in a murder to missing person. He had 2 kids and he wasn't married. I'm not sure if he ever married the mother or not. Given that I am not a legal expert, I don't know if his situation would result in any sort of custody battle, but if it did, it could have resulted in a custody motivated murder.
Feel free to comment on any of these possibilities or add your own theories. I am interested in hearing what other people have come up with.