OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO... I think this is a possible scenario, if I'm correct about the location of the blue Kia. Someone could have been waiting on L road where the yellow blob is on my map. When they saw the blue Kia coming from the north (solid red line) they could have pulled out in front of them and blocked the highway (dotted yellow line) especially if they might have been pulling a trailer. Maybe they thought VB would stop right there on the highway? Everyone who lives around these correction-line curves (VB grew up in the area) would know that you can jog around on the side road and quickly come out on the highway again. So instead of stopping on the highway, she could have quickly turned west on road L, then south again, (dotted red line.) I "think" the car was found at the large red blob. I don't have an opinion on what caused the car to stop there.
Makes a lot of sense imo.

I know this has already been discussed but I feel JK wasn't an intended target but collateral damage. I feel badly for all of the children who have lost their moms. What a sad situation.

It's very strange that there is nothing being said by OSBI. Either they know A LOT or they know nothing.

Bringing this over from the other thread.

NDreu said:​

"It was in the custody court documents iirc. Sequence of events was Mom kicked out son but VB and children stayed for a period of time and then the relationship soured and VB and children moved out. "

But your original post on this said it was VB and her father who stayed with TA. Did you mean VB and her children's father, WR?

Bringing this over from the other thread.

NDreu said:​

"It was in the custody court documents iirc. Sequence of events was Mom kicked out son but VB and children stayed for a period of time and then the relationship soured and VB and children moved out. "

But your original post on this said it was VB and her father who stayed with TA. Did you mean VB and her children's father, WR?
Yes @doublestop, sorry for typo. I meant to say children’s father or I might have used bio father and that he and VB lived with TA for awhile. Sorry for confusion. No other typos. Good catch! Thank you.

The visit was a designated, court-approved visitation that takes place every Saturday. Four people, including Kelley, have been listed as approved supervisors, NewsNation reported.

Butler’s fiancée was the one who became worried and started looking for the vehicle, NewsNation’s Laura Ingle reported. Investigators and family members have not indicated whether the grandmother — who has custody of the children — showed up at the gas station on March 30.

NewsNation reported Tuesday that Butler and her ex-husband were embroiled in a bitter custody battle, and that just 10 days before the women went missing, Butler had filed a petition in court for more visitation with her children and was seeking full custody of the children.

NewsNation reported Wednesday that the FBI is lending resources to the search.

Sounds like Veronica had her life together-she even owned a small business. With the father of V’s children having gone to jail then rehab, imo, he doesn’t sound like he would have been a doting, hands-on father. If he wasn’t that involved, why fight so hard for custody and not settle for 50/50. Parents need to stop and think first and foremost, all selfishness and pride aside, what is best for the children.
I wonder what the relationship is like between the children and the grandparents (father’s parents). Very close? Did they want to be the ones to raise the grandchildren? Wonder what the family dynamics are like between the father of the children, his parents and Veronica.

FBI has confirmed agents are assisting in the investigation. SOURCE News Nation.
I couldn't say this on the other thread because it was locked, but if the bodies were transported over state lines like someone mentioned, FBI would get involved!

So there's that.

Regarding there being evidence of foul play in the car, but not from the jump start: I think this evidence could be something other than blood, as we've speculated. Gun shot residue comes to mind.

They take a few swabs of the car and send it to a lab and it takes a few days to hear back, which would explain the delay in saying there's foul play involved.

It can't be easy to transport two humans, especially ones that are unwilling. If they were unconscious, that's 2 bodies that need to be moved and transported. I definitely think we're looking at two suspects (at the least, maybe more).

JMO
Totally agree. And the more people who had prior knowledge about what transpired, the quicker the case will be solved.

I couldn't say this on the other thread because it was locked, but if the bodies were transported over state lines like someone mentioned, FBI would get involved!

So there's that.

Regarding there being evidence of foul play in the car, but not from the jump start: I think this evidence could be something other than blood, as we've speculated. Gun shot residue comes to mind.

They take a few swabs of the car and send it to a lab and it takes a few days to hear back, which would explain the delay in saying there's foul play involved.
I agree with all. I was pretty sure we’d see FBI involved with the interstate crime theory. Motive, opportunity and, the most important of all, resources is in play, imo.

So I guess Woodward is the satellite FBI office that might be helping.
  • Woodward: Beaver, Cimarron, Custer, Dewey, Ellis, Harper, Major, Roger Mills, Texas, Woods, and Woodward counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member