OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #3 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It didn't go according to plan." Maybe the plan never was to move the car. Or it become a crime scene. Maybe they thought they could stun the girls and take them to the graves and finish them off there. What if JK fired a shot to try to scare them off and it went down hill from there?

I’m just catching up and after reading the affidavit it is unbelievable how idiotic those 4 are. Internet searches, burner phones, stun gun purchases…to name a few.

I’m more shocked though that the daughter was told everything so nonchalantly like it’s a normal conversation. And asks her to clean the truck?!
I also raised an eyebrow at the daughter asking if they had put the bodies in a well.
Like... is that something they've done before? Should we be searching the local wells for bodies of people who have crossed these people in the past?

Imagine the Twombleys were open with her because :
a) they never expected LE to have any reason to question her and/or:
b) they believed that, as a minor, she could not be questioned without their knowledge, consent, & presence.
I wonder what turned LE`s attention to her?

Even at a young age, it would not be lost on her that if her mother and spouse and culty friends were willing to kill these women that she might be next. Yes, it seems that TA hated the mother of her grandchildren but as we have seen with the Daybell debacle no one seems to be safe once the killing begins. I keep imagining the young woman talking to her mother and realizing she was willing to disappear people. Getting to safety was important to do. Lots of information on the crime would ensure that her mother would not be able to harm her. I am also sure that this young woman doesn't want to end up in prison with her mom for participating even if just the clean up.

Last edited:
Since the Tw's knew about their kids being questioned on Apr. 3, did they all spend the next 10 days waiting for the anvil to drop?

Their philosophy about children seems to be "I'll kill for them until they turn into teenagers, then I'd just as soon kill them - but I'll just wait until they have children of their own, that I can steal..."

JMO

This is moving so fast since this weekend and I'm trying to catch up. Did they put the children's father in rehab so he'd have an alibi? If what his grandmother said was true, then he had knowledge of their plan previously in February. Am I reading things right?
No, this was court ordered. But yes, if he had knowledge, as his grandmother alleged, then he knew at least that far back.

That’s not a crime though.

Okay, strange question. If VB and JK were likely murdered at the site where the car was found, how are there kidnapping charges?
I think the "kidnapping" portion comes in with them forcibly stopping VB car, forcibly removing VB and JK from the vehicle, and if they were still alive, forcing them into another vehicle.

All IMHO
I’m still digesting that arrest affidavit.
It’s a lot.
Wow was this a depraved, evil, abhorrent and completely calculated
crime.
The stun guns, hand guns, burner phones, searches on TA’s phone, the lies,
the pompous arrogance and the idiocy.
I’m pretty sure this will be made into some sort of movie or documentary-
once again truth being stranger than fiction.
One takeaway- I don’t think a deal for lighter sentencing has been made with any of
the 4 accused.
They got all the info they needed from Cora’s brave 16-year-old daughter.
Cora’s kids must have been taught a lot of virtue from their father.
I hope his daughter is able to finish high school in Wyoming with her father, step mother and extended family.
I’m assuming both of Cora’s kids were put into witness protection over a week and a half before the arrests- after the 4/3 interviews.
They can be extremely proud of their truthfulness and integrity.
Cora must have been seething like a snake when denied access to her minor daughter.
I really hope that WR is denied custody of his kids and doesn’t fight it.
They deserve to be given a loving and functional home.
I don’t think they have a fighting chance within that pit of lying vipers.

Paul Grice?

Can we sleuth him now that he's been named in the documents?
Look, people have already posted Grice's FB. There is no need to keep sleuthing Grice. We do not know what his part in this horrible crime truly is at the moment. Feel free to discuss what, if any, his part really was in this crime. Until LE comes out and says he is a POI let's stop the sleuthing OK?
Tricia

This is moving so fast since this weekend and I'm trying to catch up. Did they put the children's father in rehab so he'd have an alibi? If what his grandmother said was true, then he had knowledge of their plan previously in February. Am I reading things right?
Apparently rehab was ordered by the court on his release. They'd also tried to kill her in Feb, when he in jail.

I don't think TA was impressed with him - there's reference to her refusing to allow him access. I think he would have come up against her, too.

No, this was court ordered. But yes, if he had knowledge, as his grandmother alleged, then he knew at least that far back.

That’s not a crime though.
Thank you, I didn't know it was court ordered. If he had knowledge of something in February, wouldn't that at least be accessory if he didn't say anything to authorities about their intent?

Thank you, I didn't know it was court ordered. If he had knowledge of something in February, wouldn't that at least be accessory if he didn't say anything to authorities about their intent?
Nope. Shocking as it is. As long as he didn’t assist in any way, knowledge of a crime before it occurs isn’t a crime.

I’ve followed cases where several people knew a murder was going to happen, and they did nothing.

As long as he didn’t help plan it or anything, he’s likely in the clear.

No, the law prosecutes actions. If LE had evidence he'd 'ordered' it from jail, ie contacted them, promised money, gave instructions, then those actions could be the basis for charges.

JMO

There is no "accessory before the fact" in Oklahoma, only after.

See Accessory: 2023 Oklahoma Statutes :: Title 21. Crimes and Punishments :: §21-173. Accessories defined.

See Principal: 2023 Oklahoma Statutes :: Title 21. Crimes and Punishments :: §21-172. Principals defined.

Nope. Shocking as it is. As long as he didn’t assist in any way, knowledge of a crime before it occurs isn’t a crime.

I’ve followed cases where several people knew a murder was going to happen, and they did nothing.
I think it would be more precise to say, they 'believed' it was going to happen. But they could have been wrong. If it never did happen, could they still be prosecuted for "knowing it was going to happen?" Nothing has changed about them, but in one scenario they are taken to be guilty, and not in the other.

Just believing in something doesn't make it happen - other people's actions do that.

(Just a topic that interests me)

JMO

Well that's absurd for them to think that would fly. The women were acquainted but not besties going out for yogurt. Why would they even be together if it wasn't for the visitation.
Band of idiots I tell ya.

I know, right? My cat is smarter than those guys. My orange cat who doesn't have two brain cells to rub together.

It's like they think reality is a TV show and they're writing the script, or something. It would be funny if it wasn't so terribly tragic and awful.

Look, people have already posted Grice's FB. There is no need to keep sleuthing Grice. We do not know what his part in this horrible crime truly is at the moment. Feel free to discuss what, if any, his part really was in this crime. Until LE comes out and says he is a POI let's stop the sleuthing OK?
Tricia
Would he be this 5th person, as referred to in this article?

"According to the affidavit, the Twomblys blocked the road to divert Butler and Kelley to where Adams, Cullum, and another man were."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member