Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adams, Cullum, and Cole Twombly will hire their own attorneys. Cora Twombly said she is indigent, so the court will appoint an attorney to represent her.
Wow. So her husband is going to hire an attorney and just throw her to the wolves?
Thanks for the link !
Hmm.
Is it a case of 'too bad, so sad' ?
Not feeling sympathetic for any of the four.

I get what you're saying, though.
Not much loyalty going on there ?
Omo.

Adams, Cullum, and Cole Twombly will hire their own attorneys. Cora Twombly said she is indigent, so the court will appoint an attorney to represent her.
Wow. So her husband is going to hire an attorney and just throw her to the wolves?
I would bet the other three are furious with her for telling her daughter everything that happened, since the daughter then went to LE and turned them in. They probably think they would have gotten away with it if it weren't for Cora.

Maybe there's a special reason that this guy, Grice, was hanging around the others, and it caused LE to act like he doesn't exist. I hope not because, based on the statement of 16 year old, he's guilty of, at least, having been at the failed attempted murder in February.
Emphasis mine.
Exactly.
This is so odd.
Yes, perhaps he just being extremely cooperative ?
What was PG's role in Feb., though.
A lot of questions in this case.
Omo.

Based on Cora coming in separately, and different clothing IMO wonder if she is being held in a different location? And might she be starting to sing perhaps?

ETA: Did all four when walking out head into vehicles and the same direction and location, or a different location. (I realize hard to answer, since they want to keep them separate. I hope!) MOO

Last edited:
STATE OF OKLAHOMA VS. ADAMS, TIFANY MACHEL
CF-2024-00072
ADAMS, TIFANY MACHEL - OSCN Case Details

STATE OF OKLAHOMA VS. CULLUM, TAD BERT
CF-2024-00071
CULLUM, TAD BERT - OSCN Case Details

STATE OF OKLAHOMA VS. TWOMBLY, COLE EARL
No. CF-2024-00070
TWOMBLY, COLE EARL - OSCN Case Details

STATE OF OKLAHOMA VS. TWOMBLY, CORA GAYLE
CF-2024-00073
TWOMBLY, CORA GAYLE - OSCN Case Details

04/16/2024TEXTMOTION TO HOLD DEFENDANT WITHOUT BAIL
Pursuant to 12 O.S. § 39, Document Available at Court Clerk's Office
The term Brill Hearing mentioned in their dockets is a bail bond hearing.

04/12/2024 TEXT WARRANT ISSUED W/BOND TO BE SET OR DENIED AT BRILL HEARING

Pursuant to 12 O.S. § 39, Document Available at Court Clerk's Office
$ 50.00​
OKLAHOMA COURT INFORMATION SYSTEM FEE - EFFECTIVE 7-'04

[transcription from video] What is a Brill Hearing in the state of Oklahoma? I’m Tulsa attorney, James Wirth, and we’re talking about Brill Hearings. So what is a Brill healing? Well, that is a bail bond hearing.

That is a hearing that you’re entitled to determine an amount for a bail bond in order to be released from custody if you’ve been accused and arrested of a crime.

Now, the name comes from the case, Brill v. Gurich, and that’s 1998 OK CR 49. That’s a case from the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals that was published back in 1998, and it’s got a couple of favorable quotes for defendants seeking release from pretrial detention. And what it provides is the court recognized that constitutional provisions guarantee the right to bail to an accused in a criminal case subject to limited exceptions.

<modsnip - quoted post was off topic>

I agree that I thought Cole looked smug. He wasn't afraid of the camera, at one moment looking directly at it.
Tad, made a polite greeting to one of the LE officers.

ETA corrected spelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently she is being given an public defender, while the other three are hiring their own attorneys. I'll try to find the link (so many open tabs right now!) IMO
Cora must not have her name on any of the property or businesses to qualify for a Public Defender. This may be the reason she appeared so angry when leaving the Courthouse? The rest of them have the money to try to get themselves the best legal representation and obviously none of them, including her husband, are willing to pay for her to have an Attorney. Maybe she is cooperating with LE and telling them what happened now that she is in jail?

I wonder if the judge was being used in this case and how many "friends" with good titles have been invited by TA and TC to their homes in the past two weeks? TC told the landowner he was being looked at in the case. So, the two of them have known.

Perhaps they hoped their "friends in high places" might be helpful, while the friends are simply blindsided. While the "friends" may like the personalities or enjoy hanging with them hunting, fishing, quilting etc., they're not going to condone murder or other activities.

Perhaps TA and TC were hoping that someway at the time of arrest, the friend would speak up, but instead they stood there stunned with their mouths dropped open.

I do agree with a former poster who pointed out the judge should have been able to mumble something judicial instead of doubling down on being a "good friend." However, I'm wondering if being a good friend might not have more importance for simple survival in that remote and harsh looking land than in other parts of the planet.

I suspect lots of people are reeling as they remember remarks that didn't raise too many red flags at the time but certainly would now.
TC told the landowner he was being looked at in the case. So, the two of them have known.

What's that about? Please explain for me.

As for the judge, I don't make much of it. It's a small community where everybody knows everybody (or thinks they do). I saw on Tifany's FB page some pic of signs opposing a tax increase (who doesn't!) and people may have thought that that was what the four of them were up to in their little group. IOW, innocuous "anti government" stuff like opposing stuff passed by the county board of commissioners and whatnot.

Emphasis mine.
Exactly.
This is so odd.
Yes, perhaps he just being extremely cooperative ?
What was PG's role in Feb., though.
A lot of questions in this case.
Omo.
But we don’t know what really happened in Feb? We know VB did not leave the house but why? Did someone tip off LE and VB knew at that time she should stay in her house?

I think PG was a member, but did not participate in the actual event or played a underlying role.
Didn't the children spend the night at the Cooks the night before?
“CW advised that she was told by Cora that Adams, Cullum, Cora, Cole... were involved in the deaths of Butler and Kelley,” court documents read.

The court documents also mention three other possible members of God’s Misfits. They are not suspects in the case.

• Paul Grice
  • Barrett Cook
  • Lacy Cook.
The Independent has determined that Lacey Cook and her husband Barrett Cook live in Keyes, Oklahoma, the same town as Ms Adams and Mr Cullum.

Mr and Ms Twombly live around 40 miles away, in Texhoma, Oklahoma, public records revealed.

Cora also looked angry as all get out in her mug shot. IMO, I bet she is soooo angry at her daughter and angry at herself for trusting her daughter. Now add on a husband who can afford to hire his own legal representation while she has to take whatever she gets. Yep, she mad.

Cora also looked angry as all get out in her mug shot. IMO, I bet she is soooo angry at her daughter and angry at herself for trusting her daughter. Now add on a husband who can afford to hire his own legal representation while she has to take whatever she gets. Yep, she mad.
She will probably be offered a plea deal to testify against the other 3. jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saky