Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"After her arrest on April 13, 2024, during a custodial interview, Adams made statements to law enforcement indicating she was responsible for the deaths of Butler and Kelley," Lt. Amie Gates wrote.

"At a hearing scheduled for April 17, 2024, Butler would potentially have been granted unsupervised visitation with her children," the OSBI agent wrote in the affidavit. "Adams vehemently opposed this and went to great lengths to plan and purchase items used in Butler and Kelley's murders."

The pathologist is still working to determine the causes of death. The state's chief medical examiner, Dr. Eric Pfeifer, said Thursday they were not shot.

In the new affidavit, the OSBI confirmed that the bodies were found on property leased by Cullum to graze cattle. The bodies were recovered after an excavation of an area of disturbed dirt.

Adams and Cullum were described in the new affidavit as having "a history of violent interactions, including death threats and intimidation against individuals who disagree with their ideas."

At the time of his arrest, Cullum had a rifle, ammunition, body armor and a go-bag prepared at his residence, according to the affidavit.

"Both Cole, who was openly armed, and Cora confronted law enforcement officials in the State of Texas in an attempt to interfere and intimidate witnesses cooperating with law enforcement," according to the affidavit.
This could have been very, very bad. Weapons, body armor, history of violence... yikes. Thank heavens every agency involved was very well prepared. IMO.

This could have been very, very bad. Weapons, body armor, history of violence... yikes. Thank heavens every agency involved was very well prepared. IMO.
They really thought they were above the law. Confronting LE and intimidating witnesses. I can understand why the town folks may be reluctant to speak. IMO, there are likely more "misfits" out there, plotting to take up the call.
I feel for the families. And hope everyone remains safe

Yeah, I thought that was a bit odd. One of the Twomblys gave their burner back to Tifany or Tad. CW said both Cora and Cole came back together, in two different vehicles) so neither of them went to Beasley's property.
Oh, wait, scratch that in bold. I'm totally wrong on that. Twomblys <modsnip - off topic and rude> didn't arrive home until some time after noon. The victims' phones stopped working before 10AM so, not being sure how far the Twomblys were from home, they may, indeed, have had time to go to Beasley's property.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reasonable questions though remember that CW said he overheard the conversation saying he traveled to Kansas in the first murder attempt.
Dropping an anvil off the back of a truck to crush and kill the driver is so far fetched, that even someone who agrees that children should not be abused would say yah sure, lets do the anvil thing. It didn't happen, but the plan escalated to ambush. Grice was still part of the plan, but perhaps he was not prepared for the level of violence that he witnessed.

Why was he there? Was he the fall guy in the event that police came sniffing around the old money landowners; the young guy mastermind protecting Veronica's children from their mother Veronica?

It sounds like an horrific crime scene with puddles or spills of blood, broken hammers, eye-glasses South of the car, next to the hammer, simultaneously dead cell phones (did they hand over phones?), what happened next? Veronica ran South, where her glasses were found, and what did Jilian do? What did they do to Jilian while subduing Veronica?

Looking forward to autopsy results.

Oh, wait, scratch that in bold. I'm totally wrong on that. Twomblys <modsnip - off topic> didn't arrive home until some time after noon. The victims' phones stopped working before 10AM so, not being sure how far the Twomblys were from home, they may, indeed, have had time to go to Beasley's property.

Cora's comments to CW and / or CW's recollection or recounting of the story may not have the kind of precision that we would like or LE has in putting together this case.

I would not be surprised to find some of the Cora's story is missing significant parts and we are just trying to interpret a story deliberately full of holes.

Dropping an anvil off the back of a truck to crush and kill the driver is so far fetched, that even someone who agrees that children should not be abused would say yah sure, lets do the anvil thing. It didn't happen, but the plan escalated to ambush. Grice was still part of the plan, but perhaps he was not prepared for the level of violence that he witnessed.

Why was he there? Was he the fall guy in the event that police came sniffing around the old money landowners; the young guy mastermind protecting Veronica's children from their mother Veronica?

It sounds like an horrific crime scene with puddles or spills of blood, broken hammers, eye-glasses South of the car, next to the hammer, simultaneously dead cell phones (did they hand over phones?), what happened next? Veronica ran South, where her glasses were found, and what did Jilian do? What did they do to Jilian while subduing Veronica?

Looking forward to autopsy results.
I'm not really looking forward to the autopsy results.

I think they may be shocking, very brutal and horrific. I think they will document pre-mortem torture.

Last edited:
I've been mulling the seemingly odd ratio of burners to tasers, thinking they were all purchased at the same time. I went and read over TA's probable cause affidavit again and realized that the burners were purchased in February and the tasers weren't purchased until about a week before the murders.

I assume the burners were purchased for the February attempt in Kansas.

That means that one week prior to the murders, they likely planned that *five* people would participate.

Anyway, just thinking and wanted to throw that out there in case anyone else was mistaken about the timing of the purchases.

I doubt it - my impression is the religious right are not into drugs or involved in the drug trade. And everyone can tell by sight what's going on on other peoples land. Plus, only weed (and opium) is grown as a plant, most drugs are manufactured in labs.

JMO
IMO don’t confuse the GodsMisfits for “religious right.” I agree conservative Christians are not typically into drug use or trade and certainly not this type of behavior (i.e., vicious premeditated murders). IMHO GodsMisfits are a cult of sorts, people who have come under the control of a manipulative narcissistic leader. I doubt GodsMisfits grew out of any mainline branch of Christianity. MOO. MOO.

I've been mulling the seemingly odd ratio of burners to tasers, thinking they were all purchased at the same time. I went and read over TA's probable cause affidavit again and realized that the burners were purchased in February and the tasers weren't purchased until about a week before the murders.

I assume the burners were purchased for the February attempt in Kansas.

That means that one week prior to the murders, they likely planned that *five* people would participate.

Anyway, just thinking and wanted to throw that out there in case anyone else was mistaken about the timing of the purchases.

Good point.

LE has not specified when the burner phones were purchased. It was in a sentence about the 5 tasers, so it implied the phones and the tasers were purchased nearly simultaneously.

I thought there was footage of her buying the burner phones at a Walmart, her in a blue long-sleeved T-shirt with an American flag and a political logo on it.

Cora's comments to CW and / or CW's recollection or recounting of the story may not have the kind of precision that we would like or LE has in putting together this case.

I would not be surprised to find some of the Cora's story is missing significant parts and we are just trying to interpret a story deliberately full of holes.
The account from CW was rather general and lacking in details but twice she said Grice was involved: in the conversation that she overheard about the attempt to murder, in February, and straight from her mother, just two hours after the murders, that Grice was there.

Oh, wait, scratch that in bold. I'm totally wrong on that. Twomblys <modsnip - off topic> didn't arrive home until some time after noon. The victims' phones stopped working before 10AM so, not being sure how far the Twomblys were from home, they may, indeed, have had time to go to Beasley's property.
Yes, especially if the victims were murdered at the JB property, CT &CT may have wanted to be 'in on the killing'.
Sounds horrifying to type but I think the four perps enjoyed what they did.
Sickening.
Omo.

Good point.

LE has not specified when the burner phones were purchased. It was in a sentence about the 5 tasers, so it implied the phones and the tasers were purchased nearly simultaneously.

I thought there was footage of her buying the burner phones at a Walmart, her in a blue long-sleeved T-shirt with an American flag and a political logo on it.
The TA affidavit I saw said the burners were purchased Feb. 13 from Walmart and the stun guns were purchased March 23. The affidavit is really vague as to when the burners were turned on -- it says "prior to March 30."

Yes, especially if the victims were murdered at the JB property, CT &CT may have wanted to be 'in on the killing'.
Sounds horrifying to type but I think the four perps enjoyed what they did.
Sickening.
Omo.
The autopsy will be an important finding as to how the victims actually died. It is a gruesome thought but they may have been alive when they were buried. JMO

The account from CW was rather general and lacking in details but twice she said Grice was involved: in the conversation that she overheard about the attempt to murder, in February, and straight from her mother, just two hours after the murders, that Grice was there.
If I heard correctly, there did not appear to be enough evidence to hold PG. To me that doesn't necessarily mean he is cleared just yet. Unless it's as some have speculated that PG gave them a whole lot of information. JMO

All viable theories but I am still baffled why put the name in AA?

I'd put out before that I thought LE did it to keep PG on short leash but then the statement made by the OSBI Spokesperson about not expecting more arrests etc. imo simply doesn't make sense. Perhaps the Spokesperson hadn't rehearsed a response to the PG questions that were inevitable? IDK. But, I've not seen someone named in an AA with the fact pattern seen in the AA for PG and NOT then be named a POI at a minimum.

Just hope LE figures it out or has PG in protective custody.

MOO
That is a great question! As to what might have been disclosed in an AA….. there may be this comparison?

As I remember, initially there was a trove of TA and son’s custody documents and related published information that was originally available on an OSBI website. Those documents were then suddenly removed and pulled, for reasons not yet clear. I do not know that they have since been released. Perhaps some credentialed investigative journals can inquire?

I look forward to those originally unsealed public documents - to be properly redacted (if needed or as appropriate, and accounting for any confidential or allowed privacy) - then properly rereleased by OSBI so that this can be determined.

Perhaps some things have inadvertently been disclosed in prior document publications? Yet once released and available it is public information TMK?

And as many have said……. IMO it seems this scenario and the local authority and involvement and investigative work needs to be carefully examined. Hoping that some FOIA and other requests might also be submitted to investigate these items. MOO

All viable theories but I am still baffled why put the name in AA?

I'd put out before that I thought LE did it to keep PG on short leash but then the statement made by the OSBI Spokesperson about not expecting more arrests etc. imo simply doesn't make sense. Perhaps the Spokesperson hadn't rehearsed a response to the PG questions that were inevitable? IDK. But, I've not seen someone named in an AA with the fact pattern seen in the AA for PG and NOT then be named a POI at a minimum.

Just hope LE figures it out or has PG in protective custody.

MOO
Is it possible that Person 5 watched the attack, was horrified by the brutality of the murders, came forward with a lawyer on March 31, and has immunity in exchange for eye-witness testimony? Assuming he has a good reason for avoiding indictment.

Cora's daughter, CW, met with investigators April 3 (??) across the border in Texas to give her statement. CW's mother, Cora, and step-father, Cole, showed up with a gun to interfere with CW's statement but were thwarted by investigators.

Sounds scary for Cora's children. They must have felt like witnesses, like Jilian.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed and not an approved source>
Reasonable question - why weren't police curious about a vehicle reportedly out of place 1000 ft. West of Hwy 95 and Road L intersection? Why did police pay attention at 12:09 p.m.? Is it because family was reporting the same troubling scene at the Kia and a missing person?
So, one potential answer to the question (BBM)- is it possible LE didn't see the abandoned car and had no reports/calls made into dispatch until Veronica's family found it at 12:09pm? We've seen how remote of an area this is, and with likely a very large land area to officer ratio in this area, it seems plausible they wouldn't have even seen the car or had it reported until VB's family arrived/called it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member