Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #6 *Arrests*

I'm going to go way off the deep end here...
Several times, I've watched that interview with the rancher who has known Cole Twombly nearly all his life. His description of Cole is revealing - if true - and I don't know why he'd lie about it.
So-
Cole Twombly had a smile/smirk on his face walking in and out of the hearing. Why is that? Why would a non-violent man, who was lured into a murderous plot be smirking when caught? Totally different look on his face than on the others' faces.
<modsnip>
What if Cole Twombly was actually the driving force behind the murder of these two women? Not exonerating Tifany in any way, shape, or form - but I'm starting to wonder if he did a lot of encouraging of the whole idea of killing Veronica.
I kept wondering how Tifany persuaded the Twombly couple to help her murder Veronica (and Jilian) What if Cole Twombly and even his wife, Cora, were more than willing to help and needed no persuasion at all, and in fact, encouraged the murders?
Very interesting perspective

What's interesting is thinking it wasn't TA's idea to murder but was instead the idea of one of the others.

I believe TA wanted to kill VB but instead of saying it outright, she over time manipulated the others into coming to that deadly conclusion.

A constant crying about VB allowing harm to come to the children and "Oh no, what can I do?"
"I have to do something about it" "The judge is useless" " I know the path the judge walks on"
ETC.....

2 Cents

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about @Gae new perspective. If Cole and Cora or just Cole brought murder to the table. What is the benefit to them? Just thinking out loud here. Possible benefit garnering more favor from TA and what she can offer them in the community by taking care of her problem?

Like another case I follow I believe TA manipulated the others into murder by making them think they were "saving" the children "from abuse."

What the 4 others got out of it was going on a "mission" they called it "a mission" according to Cora's daughter.

I believe they thought of it as a "Mission to save the children."

Judging by the T-shirt logo TA is wearing just a few days after the murders, I believe TA got them all to believe they were on "God's mission to save the children."

2 Cents

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240504-134741.png
    Screenshot_20240504-134741.png
    696.9 KB · Views: 15
Several times, I've watched that interview with the rancher who has known Cole Twombly nearly all his life. His description of Cole is revealing - if true - and I don't know why he'd lie about it.
So-
Cole Twombly had a smile/smirk on his face walking in and out of the hearing. Why is that? Why would a non-violent man, who was lured into a murderous plot be smirking when caught? Totally different look on his face than on the others' faces.
<modsnip>
What if Cole Twombly was actually the driving force behind the murder of these two women? Not exonerating Tifany in any way, shape, or form - but I'm starting to wonder if he did a lot of encouraging of the whole idea of killing Veronica.
I kept wondering how Tifany persuaded the Twombly couple to help her murder Veronica (and Jilian) What if Cole Twombly and even his wife, Cora, were more than willing to help and needed no persuasion at all, and in fact, encouraged the murders?
Really interesting angle you took here, and frankly, these murders are so beyond the pale that it's going to be like deciphering hieroglyphics for LE and then state prosecutors to settle on the truth of who decided to undertake the "mission" and which actors then did what to whom, when and where.

That being said, IMO smiling/smirking as it appears Cole Twobley does in the perp-walk video can also be a common defensive reaction, bluff and bluster in the face of personal embarrassment and hard questions he didn't want to answer.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> Gae, I like your angle on this crime, only because I don't find TA's personality to be compelling enough to be the ringleader. Eager participant, yes.

Autopsy will come out way before trial so we will know cause of death but may not be able to access the report itself.

I hope it puts to rest morbid speculation. The poor family members....

Really interesting angle you took here, and frankly, these murders are so beyond the pale that it's going to be like deciphering hieroglyphics for LE and then state prosecutors to settle on the truth of who decided to undertake the "mission" and which actors then did what to whom, when and where.

That being said, IMO smiling/smirking as it appears Cole Twobley does in the perp-walk video can also be a common defensive reaction, bluff and bluster in the face of personal embarrassment and hard questions he didn't want to

Note what he is being asked when he smirks
I found it telling how their faces were all somber leaving the Courthouse.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Gae, I like your angle on this crime, only because I don't find TA's personality to be compelling enough to be the ringleader. Eager participant, yes.
At the moment, that's how I'm leaning - very eager participant, but not the ringleader.

...Cole Twombly had a smile/smirk on his face walking in and out of the hearing. Why is that? Why would a non-violent man, who was lured into a murderous plot be smirking when caught?...snipped to reply
I understand why you're questioning CT's looking so smug. I noticed his smirk in his mug shot too. I think that is his "Resting B Face". MOO, he saw some kind of benefit for getting involved and it was something benefitting him. He was willing to help kill young women! Have his wife be involved too. His old time friend hinted that Cole would most likely have a monetary motive. So, that angle must play into it. Promised something of value to him? <modsnip: quoted post was removed>
Note what he is being asked when he smirks
1714850814599.png 1714851861365.png1714851822470.png
To me, TA has a sly smart aleck look on her face. MOO, Cole looks smirky in his mug shot. Could be his regular RBF.

I understand why you're questioning CT's looking so smug. I noticed his smirk in his mug shot too. I think that is his "Resting B Face". MOO, he saw some kind of benefit for getting involved and it was something benefitting him. He was willing to help kill young women! Have his wife be involved too. His old time friend hinted that Cole would most likely have a monetary motive. So, that angle must play into it. Promised something of value to him?

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>​

View attachment 501404 View attachment 501411View attachment 501410
To me, TA has a sly smart aleck look on her face. MOO, Cole looks smirky in his mug shot. Could be his regular RBF.

I should probably kick myself because I hate people being judgemental of how a defendant looks.

Especially with women and their weight, clothes, hair etc...

So a snapshot in the moment really doesn't say much. Like a person at a funeral who smiles once and a photo of them smiling is posted and they are accused of joking through the whole funeral. Etc...

So-
<modsnip>
My opinion, there is something about this. He was supposedly the “preacher” of the group? Cora, I see as a sheep, going along with anything directed by her husband. I suspect that there is some deeper connection with Cole & TA…related, former bf/gf, childhood friend? Not sure. They both have the stronger personalities. Cora,Tad & PG just seem to follow, in my opinion.

Thinking about @Gae new perspective. If Cole and Cora or just Cole brought murder to the table. What is the benefit to them? Just thinking out loud here. Possible benefit garnering more favor from TA and what she can offer them in the community by taking care of her problem?
Or, he could just flat out tell her they could help solve her problem if the price was right.

What's interesting is thinking it wasn't TA's idea to murder but was instead the idea of one of the others.

I believe TA wanted to kill VB but instead of saying it outright, she over time manipulated the others into coming to that deadly conclusion.

A constant crying about VB allowing harm to come to the children and "Oh no, what can I do?"
"I have to do something about it" "The judge is useless" " I know the path the judge walks on"
ETC.....

2 Cents
It could have very well been someone else's idea. I seriously doubt it was but as we don't exactly know for certain. There is nothing wrong with speculating different scenarios. That said deep down I think it was TA idea.

The extremist views of the fifth “God’s Misfits” murder suspect have been revealed in unearthed court documents which show he believes he is a “bloodline American” who is not subject to the laws of the United States.

The car they’d been driving in had been found abandoned, with signs of a struggle, including blood and bullets (but no weapon).

Cullum had done some concrete work on the dam around the time the women went missing. Adams, his partner, was the paternal grandmother of Butler’s children — and they, along with Grice, went to the Twomblys’ home regularly for “God Misfits” meetings. .

Months before the murders, Mr Grice made several bizarre statements, including claiming his children as his property and that he is not a US citizen, according to court records from 2023, obtained by The Independent.

“I am not a sovereign citizen. I am not a resident, employee or citizen of the United States government,” the court document read. “My relationship to that Federal entity as far as jurisdiction is that of a non-resident alien to the Corporate United States government, also known as an American State National, or Lawful Bloodline American.”

“I am a free and natural man, described by the Lord God in Genesis 2:7 as a living soul, living under God’s law and his grace alone,” the document continued.

“I claim my children,” it reads, listing their names and birthdates, as he adds they are his “God-given property and subject to none other.”

It continued with, “there is a maximum law that says ‘what one creates one controls’: the government did not create my children and therefore does not control my children. God created my children in their mother’s womb with my sperm and are my creation, my property, and I waive none of my God-given rights or duties in the upbringing of my offspring.” More:

It could have very well been someone else's idea. I seriously doubt it was but as we don't exactly know for certain. There is nothing wrong with speculating different scenarios. That said deep down I think it was TA idea.
I agree with you...TA's idea. IMO this is all about control; not the alleged abuse or protecting the children from it. After all, she's certainly in no position to protect them from anything now and I believe she had to have known this when she rolled the dice on getting away with this ambush. She was losing control plain and simple and she very much appears to need to be in control. Even her "confession" is an attempt to control the narrative. She's going to take responsibility because why? because the others were mindless lemmings incapable of formulating such a daring plan? No. Because they really didn't want to do it but she is such a commanding and logical presence they just acquiesced? No. She wants everyone to know that she was in control from the get go and she thinks (erroneously of course) she can control the outcome of charges against the other 4 by claiming responsibility. All this is moo, or course.

Tifany & Tad. Married or Not? Husband-Wife Privilege?

@imstilla.grandma TYVM for your post w link,* just published.

I'm curious about legal status of their relationship, esp'ly as MSM continues reporting girlfriend/boyfriend or unspecified "partners."

IIRC someone posted a link or pdf of a doc recorded in Texas County, OK. office, either County Recorder or County Clerk.
The relevant info showed that TA & TC had obtained a Marriage License and had "returned" doc to that office.**
Can't find the post now.
@imstilla.grandma, was that you? Anyone? TiA.
Has a sleuther here gotten more info? Or a pdf/copy?

Sooo has nobody w MSM also located this INFO online?
Or did an MSM'er locate INFO & get copy of "returned" doc.

Could it somehow be deemed "DEFICIENT?"
Say, if the "returned" M. License doc had missing info or missing siggies (some lines/fields blank, missing siggies)?

Why a post asking tedious Qs re their precise LEGAL STATUS?
Because OK. evidentiary laws/rules re Husband-Wife Privilege.
That's another post in & of itself. Later.

** Usual procedure
Iiuc, after getting M. LICENSE, a couple finds an officiant to conduct ceremony, gets witnesses, takes M. vows before them, signed M. license, gets wit siggies, officiant siggy, yadda yadda, takes that M. License doc to the county ofc, & has it recorded.
Bingo -> M. License is now official Marriage CERTIFICATE; so couple becomes H & W.
I could be overlooking a step, IDK. Anyone?

OTOH, what if some or all lines on M. License doc are left BLANK (not completed or signed)?

Someone posted re Common Law marriage in OK.
IIRC the doc discussing CL Mar. in OK was a form & intruxn re claims for public school teacher retirement $ benefit.
May research a bit further.

Last edited:
The extremist views of the fifth “God’s Misfits” murder suspect have been revealed in unearthed court documents which show he believes he is a “bloodline American” who is not subject to the laws of the United States.

The car they’d been driving in had been found abandoned, with signs of a struggle, including blood and bullets (but no weapon).

Cullum had done some concrete work on the dam around the time the women went missing. Adams, his partner, was the paternal grandmother of Butler’s children — and they, along with Grice, went to the Twomblys’ home regularly for “God Misfits” meetings. .

Months before the murders, Mr Grice made several bizarre statements, including claiming his children as his property and that he is not a US citizen, according to court records from 2023, obtained by The Independent.

“I am not a sovereign citizen. I am not a resident, employee or citizen of the United States government,” the court document read. “My relationship to that Federal entity as far as jurisdiction is that of a non-resident alien to the Corporate United States government, also known as an American State National, or Lawful Bloodline American.”

“I am a free and natural man, described by the Lord God in Genesis 2:7 as a living soul, living under God’s law and his grace alone,” the document continued.

“I claim my children,” it reads, listing their names and birthdates, as he adds they are his “God-given property and subject to none other.”

It continued with, “there is a maximum law that says ‘what one creates one controls’: the government did not create my children and therefore does not control my children. God created my children in their mother’s womb with my sperm and are my creation, my property, and I waive none of my God-given rights or duties in the upbringing of my offspring.” More:
As always, fantastic find and write up! I'm still newish but you also wrote an amazing summary in the Blake Deven case file on here that I remember as well. Back to this case, but wow what a find! Maybe their belief in this bizarre ideology could explain why Cora Twombly talked so much to her teenage daughter about the plans, why both involved her to clean the truck after the fact and how they both showed up upset at the daughter's interview. Tifany sure knew how to pick em.

Tifany & Tad. Married or Not? Husband-Wife Privilege?

@imstilla.grandma TYVM for your post w link,* just published.

I'm curious about legal status of their relationship, esp'ly as MSM continues reporting girlfriend/boyfriend or unspecified "partners."

IIRC someone posted a link or pdf of a doc recorded in Texas County, OK. office, either County Recorder or County Clerk.
The relevant info showed that TA & TC had obtained a Marriage License and had "returned" doc to that office.**
Can't find the post now.
@imstilla.grandma, was that you? Anyone? TiA.
Has a sleuther here gotten more info? Or a pdf/copy?

Sooo has nobody w MSM also located this INFO online?
Or did an MSM'er locate INFO & get copy of "returned" doc.

Could it somehow be deemed "DEFICIENT?"
Say, if the "returned" M. License doc had missing info or missing siggies (some lines/fields blank, missing siggies)?

That's another post in & of itself. Later.

** Usual procedure
Iiuc, after getting M. LICENSE, a couple finds an officiant to conduct ceremony, gets witnesses, takes M. vows before them, signed M. license, gets wit siggies, officiant siggy, yadda yadda, takes that M. License doc to the county ofc, & has it recorded.
Bingo -> M. License is now official Marriage CERTIFICATE; so couple becomes H & W.
I could be overlooking a step, IDK. Anyone?

OTOH, what if some or all lines on M. License doc are left BLANK (not completed or signed)?

Someone posted re Common Law marriage in OK.
IIRC the doc discussing CL Mar. in OK was a form & intruxn re claims for public school teacher retirement $ benefit.
May research a bit further.

They do not need that privilege, they have a 5th amendment right not to testify against each other.

2 Cents

I suspect that there is some deeper connection with Cole & TA…related, former bf/gf, childhood friend? Not sure.
I'm not sure either, but I did wonder this myself when I noticed that she'd named one of her sons after him, or maybe she just liked the name. (Wrangler Cole Rickman) This would've been decades ago, so she may have known him for at least that long.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back